• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally finished the series. My current theory is (and this is no manga spoilers, just my own thoughts based on the anime)

The colossal titan is Eren's father. He knew about the plan to attack the wall and so gave Eren the power so he could protect the mother, not thinking she'd get crushed in their house and be able to escape. The colossal titan also simply vanished when Eren attacked it at Trost, instead of fighting, which to me it implies it didn't want to fight. So it must be someone who knew Eren. It appeared outside the wall, which is where his dad went exploring...

Finally finished the series. My current theory is (and this is no manga spoilers, just my own thoughts based on the anime)

The colossal titan is Eren's father. He knew about the plan to attack the wall and so gave Eren the power so he could protect the mother, not thinking she'd get crushed in their house and be able to escape. The colossal titan also simply vanished when Eren attacked it at Trost, instead of fighting, which to me it implies it didn't want to fight. So it must be someone who knew Eren. It appeared outside the wall, which is where his dad went exploring...

I''m pretty sure the crazy dream/flashback where Eren's father uses the Titan serum was after they left Zhiganshina. Eren says something like "you've been acting weird since Mom died". Also there is no resemblance or motive for Eren's dad to be the colossal titan.

I''m pretty sure the crazy dream/flashback where Eren's father uses the Titan serum was after they left Zhiganshina. Eren says something like "you've been acting weird since Mom died". Also there is no resemblance or motive for Eren's dad to be the colossal titan.

Ah nuts to that. :( Although I'd consider Annie's hints at some sort of revolution, her somewhat sympathetic portrayal in the final episode and the clear presence of political corruption to indicate a motive for most intelligent people in AOT's world (as I take Eren's father to be). It's tinfoil hatty but I like it damnit!

jediyoshi

http://www.qwertee.com/

8P8yKaQ.jpg

"Recon Corps" tee up for the day

Finally the volume 5 cover is released. After the guys' team last volume, it's the girls' team in the spotlight this time:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00C3BRCR8/

So many waifus

BizzyBum

Nah, you can see who the Colossal Titan resembles if you think about it.

JulianImp

WHens the new season air?

It looks like the manga won't have enough content for another 26-episode season for about a year or so, so you'd better like waiting... that, or you can jump into the manga thread of total spoiler pandemonium (sic), if you feel so inclined.

I also think I've heard they could make a mini-season with some prequel material a bit sooner, as well.

It looks like the manga won't have enough content for another 26-episode season for about a year or so, so you'd better like waiting... that, or you can jump into the manga thread of total spoiler pandemonium (sic), if you feel so inclined.

I also think I've heard they could make a mini-season with some prequel material a bit sooner, as well.

Didn't they announce the manga was ending soon though?

I think they announced the manga would end at around a hundred chapters, and right now they're at 50, so it's halfway there (in what, three years?).

Sorry, you're right.
Turns out, he plans to end it in 20 volumes. I thought that meant it was pretty close [I don't know how many chapters go in a volume].

Pachinko

Oh this is ending in a sensible number of volumes ? I might try to get back into then. I still read fluff like naruto and one piece ... or even bleach but it's actually a ton better to read something when you know it might actually end at some point.

Naruto and Bleach seem to be winding down if nothing else, One Piece is basically going to continue until the author dies though.

Anyway, it's all off topic to this thread- Attack on Titan is now more interesting to me knowing that it should actually be over in the future.

vareon

I kinda missed the times when this airs. It was a rare moment when everyone, including my friends who didn't normally watch anime, were excited for the same thing each week.

JulianImp

Oh this is ending in a sensible number of volumes ? I might try to get back into then. I still read fluff like naruto and one piece ... or even bleach but it's actually a ton better to read something when you know it might actually end at some point.

Naruto and Bleach seem to be winding down if nothing else, One Piece is basically going to continue until the author dies though.

Anyway, it's all off topic to this thread- Attack on Titan is now more interesting to me knowing that it should actually be over in the future.

Watching Detective Conan (Case Closed in the US), I also couldn't be happier when I realized Attack on Titan would end on a timely manner. It's probably why I found myself not annoyed when others would lash out against what they felt was slow-paced segments in AoT's episodes.

Still, I think the manga has been going for three or so years, and has only gotten fifty chapters released, so that probably means there're three more years left until AoT's story winds to a close.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Sorry, you're right.
Turns out, he plans to end it in 20 volumes. I thought that meant it was pretty close [I don't know how many chapters go in a volume].
Usually 4 chapters per volume, with one chapter being released a month. The amount of chapters released so far puts it on volume 12. If we consider any possible delays, we're roughly three years away from the end.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, this show is pretty good

A friend showed me the first few episodes last week and now I'm watching it on my own.

I know we don't learn much about the titans in the first season, but my current theory is that they're like the embodiments of our sins, or our souls or something. Thats why they eat us, to transform our spirits into them. And that's why the titan-killing-titan exists, its the embodiment of Eren's rage and desire to destroy them

or something

tensuke

Okay, this show is pretty good

A friend showed me the first few episodes last week and now I'm watching it on my own.

I know we don't learn much about the titans in the first season, but my current theory is that they're like the embodiments of our sins, or our souls or something. Thats why they eat us, to transform our spirits into them. And that's why the titan-killing-titan exists, its the embodiment of Eren's rage and desire to destroy them

or something

Keep watching. :p

Yawnier

Banned
I kinda missed the times when this airs. It was a rare moment when everyone, including my friends who didn't normally watch anime, were excited for the same thing each week.

Same here even though it just stopped airing like a month ago, I tried getting into Kill la Kill by watching the first few episodes of it but I just can't so far it doesn't really interest me.

curlycare

So I recently found out about the PBS Idea channel and they did an episode on Attack On Titan. No manga spoilers but there are anime spoilers .
Are the Titans from Attack on Titan Evil?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA-_5Xb0M18
Nice watch, but my god DON'T read the comments if you haven't read the manga. How did I forget that people like spoiling everything in youtube comments..

Edit: I've been spoiled so many times now I propably should just start reading the manga myself. But then again I'd like to keep the next anime season as fresh as possible.

MCD

Best show since I don't know what.

I read the manga and was still amazed by everything. From the music, soundtrack, art, animation, everything is just top level here.

Well done, Studio I.G.

I'm 4 episodes in. It's the first anime series I have watched in a while. I like it!

Eren is pretty pathetic so far... but I think this next episode (5) is when he mans up.

That blond kid sounds so whimpy it's distracting. Not cut out for the military.

Mikasa is creepy. Also, she seems to go out of her way to keep Eren's self-esteem low so she can continue to dominate his life. That's obsession for ya.

I'm sure I'm not the first to wonder who cuts the titans' hair, so I won't bother discussing it.

Anyway, gonna keep going.

Alright... 6 eps in, Mikasa's attachment makes more sense. Basically, the idea of Eren is the only thing keeping her sane.

I love the design on the giants. They seem so whimsical and childlike. Except for that one big dude.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I finished this a few weeks ago.

I have to say it's one of my least favorite animes. I didn't relate to the characters, and the story moved at a really poor pace.

Ogawa-san

Finished watching today. I used to watch eps as they came out but stopped at ep13 after a cliffhanger overdose.

Such an unsatisfying wrap-up... Everything was left in the air and S2 isn't even a sure thing, plus Annie as female titan feels stupidly shoehorned with no reason or explanation whatsoever. That'll teach me to stop following animes based on ongoing shonen manga :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom