• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such an unsatisfying wrap-up... Everything was left in the air and S2 isn't even a sure thing, plus Annie as female titan feels stupidly shoehorned with no reason or explanation whatsoever. That'll teach me to stop following animes based on ongoing shonen manga :|

Consider yourself lucky they just didn't try to close it with an awful filler ending. Titan prints $$$ so the second season will come for sure.

rexor0717

Finished watching today. I used to watch eps as they came out but stopped at ep13 after a cliffhanger overdose.

Such an unsatisfying wrap-up... Everything was left in the air and S2 isn't even a sure thing, plus Annie as female titan feels stupidly shoehorned with no reason or explanation whatsoever. That'll teach me to stop following animes based on ongoing shonen manga :|

Would you rather of had the female titan been some random? While they haven't explained her motives, I don't see how it was shoehorned when her character hadn't really been established as being much else other than another soldier.

Nibel

OP1 is maybe one of the best anime openings of all time

OP2 is just pretty good; love those close-up shots of the 3D gear

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. After a long break I finally got to watch eps 21 through 25. I'm really looking forward to watch the 2nd season despite some gigantic asshole from the Internet spoiling who the colossal titan for me. :(

Not going to go through the thread because I'm only a few episodes in and I don't want to catch massive spoilers but does the show remain obviously censored throughout? Things aren't shown most of the time and the bits I've read of the actual manga were far more graphic I suppose.

Nibel

Not going to go through the thread because I'm only a few episodes in and I don't want to catch massive spoilers but does the show remain obviously censored throughout? Things aren't shown most of the time and the bits I've read of the actual manga were far more graphic I suppose.

Well there is some brutal stuff coming, but it isn't that gory according to manga readers who posted here

Nonetheless, the impact of the violence is still pretty big since you've got various sounds and music

Just finished the 25 eps today - first anime series I've been able to completely watch in years. As I got older, certain anime tropes became more and more annoying, but Titan showed some restraint. Besides, everything else was so well-done it was easy to overlook some whining here or over-emoting there.

1. OP1 is god-tier (I was hooked on the series when I saw the two epic shots of the soldiers leaping above the rooftops in the OP), but OP2 ages like fine wine. All the best series have great openings - my rule of thumb is that if the opening is lame, so is the show.

2. I haven't read the manga, but I had to wiki spoil myself after finishing ep. 25 - I couldn't wait until the next set of eps.

3. I'm praying Titan doesn't run out of steam - it would be a waste of a pretty interesting world.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
[URL="Attack on Titan Abridged Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr2PyNriPWI ]From Team Four Star it is Attack on Titan Abridged. [/URL]

Opening 1 is an all-time anime classic, there's really no argument that can dispel this. That shit took the internet by storm when it hit.

Ending 2 is way better than Opening 2, let's give it the love instead.

FluxWaveZ

[URL="Attack on Titan Abridged Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr2PyNriPWI ]From Team Four Star it is Attack on Titan Abridged. [/URL]

That was alright, I guess. I don't know if it's because I like Attack on Titan too much, but I wasn't really feeling it. AoT lacks the silliness and senseless drama that DBZ has, so I find parodying it in the way they did to not be very effective.

wwm0nkey

Just in-case you guys didn't see it from the fangame thread, the game got a pretty big update and looks A LOT nicer now!

10791545316_54fcf1d420_o.gif

RedSwirl

I''m pretty sure the crazy dream/flashback where Eren's father uses the Titan serum was after they left Zhiganshina. Eren says something like "you've been acting weird since Mom died". Also there is no resemblance or motive for Eren's dad to be the colossal titan.

This is what initially confused me. The way the scene was shot made it look like a flashback or something, but apparently that scene did in fact take place in the present.

(not manga spoilers)
It's pretty obvious Eren's dad knows stuff, but it's impossible to tell how much. He definitely knows about titan shifters and abnormals. He may have even known there would be an attack, but he probably didn't know exactly when it would occur. I think Eren's mom was at least partially complicit based on her reactions to Eren's dad's plans to show him the basement.

Necrovex

That was alright, I guess. I don't know if it's because I like Attack on Titan too much, but I wasn't really feeling it. AoT lacks the silliness and senseless drama that DBZ has, so I find parodying it in the way they did to not be very effective.

The Berserk Abridged and actual official dub outtakes shows that any serious property can have lots of jokes in it.

Soma

They literally could not have found better voice actors for Armin and that creepy beard captain who yells all the time for that abridged video.

Pachinko

Hahahahhaahah, that abridged episode was gold GOLD JERRY.

It pretty much just covered up to what I've actually bothered to watch of this show so that worked out.

kirblar

I just read the wiki instead. The art is just...ugh.

I have a feeling that this is going to be like Lost. I need answers and all i get are more questions
It's not like Lost. We're getting answers, just at unexpected times. The backstory's clearly plotted out ahead of time.

I rewatched the whole series in my insomnia spells.

Levi is a dick man, he was like don't eat person with valuable info and called him an idiot before cutting, but the situation was already defused and over and he wasn't going to do it. Mikasa should kick his ass, lol.

Subitai

I rewatched the whole series in my insomnia spells.

Levi is a dick man, he was like don't eat person with valuable info and called him an idiot before cutting, but the situation was already defused and over and he wasn't going to do it. Mikasa should kick his ass, lol.
At the same time. You still realize the survey corps would be so diminished w/ out him. Also, Mikasa really screws him when they try and rescue Eren from Annie, so she did sort of hurt him badly, but not directly.

At the same time. You still realize the survey corps would be so diminished w/ out him. Also, Mikasa really screws him when they try and rescue Eren from Annie, so she did sort of hurt him badly, but not directly.

O yea, I'm just making a funny slight of it. Just that moment made me chuckle, Eren was already backed off her and hesitated already then he comes flying in. Maybe it's just the editing, haha. Or was the diamond stuff going to hurt Eren somehow unless he was cut out that moment?

Overall, I get why Levi needs to be a dick. Man I love this series.I don't believe I rewatched it all. Need to back track HxH now.

Gestahl

O yea, I'm just making a funny slight of it. Just that moment made me chuckle, Eren was already backed off her and hesitated already then he comes flying in. Maybe it's just the editing, haha. Or was the diamond stuff going to hurt Eren somehow unless he was cut out that moment?

Overall, I get why Levi needs to be a dick. Man I love this series.I don't believe I rewatched it all. Need to back track HxH now.

The conclusion to the season goes down a lot differently in the manga, this is one of those differences (Levi doesn't do shit because of his bum leg). That's probably why it visually came off as clumsy and awkward. I guess they want to insert him in more scenes because of his popularity, I don't know

The conclusion to the season goes down a lot differently in the manga, this is one of those differences (Levi doesn't do shit because of his bum leg). That's probably why it visually came off as clumsy and awkward. I guess they want to insert him in more scenes because of his popularity, I don't know

Ahh. Interesting about that difference. The timing in the anime is all weird. If Levi had swept in right when Eren first ripped off the neck and exposed Annie, then his line about, don't eat her you idiot, would fit in better. He gets there to late for the line to make total sense. But I guess in that scenario it would be Levi's fault kinda Annie turned to diamond because they didn't pull her out quick enough and he didn't trust him not to kill her.

The way they did it with Eren's inaction and hesitation, it's his fault, which is I guess is supposed to be the core feeling of it in the manga.

It's not a big deal though. Just something interesting about the sequence of actions.

Man, I should back read the manga to see the differences.

Ragnamith

So did I just completely miss this or...
can somebody explain to me how Eren suddenly has the basement key from his dad without him ever meeting him? His dad leaves, then Titans break the wall, his mom dies and then he wakes up with the key or something
? This really confused me at the start of the anime and maybe manga-readers know something the anime-watchers dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom