• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

So did I just completely miss this or...
can somebody explain to me how Eren suddenly has the basement key from his dad without him ever meeting him? His dad leaves, then Titans break the wall, his mom dies and then he wakes up with the key or something
? This really confused me at the start of the anime and maybe manga-readers know something the anime-watchers dont.

Pretty sure that's just simply one of the mysteries yet to be resolved.

Erigu

So did I just completely miss this or...
can somebody explain to me how Eren suddenly has the basement key from his dad without him ever meeting him? His dad leaves, then Titans break the wall, his mom dies and then he wakes up with the key or something
? This really confused me at the start of the anime and maybe manga-readers know something the anime-watchers dont.
The TV show changed things around and fucked up.
In the manga, Eren met his father shortly after the fall of the wall and got the key from him, but can't remember much about the encounter (and doesn't know where his father disappeared to after that).
In the TV show, Mikasa goes "nah, you couldn't have met him, you must have dreamed that one!", and Eren incredibly agrees despite having the key. It makes no sense.

Ragnamith

The TV show changed things around and fucked up.
In the manga, Eren met his father shortly after the fall of the wall and got the key from him, but can't remember much about the encounter (and doesn't know where his father disappeared to after that).
In the TV show, Mikasa goes "nah, you couldn't have met him, you must have dreamed that one!", and Eren incredibly agrees despite having the key. It makes no sense.

Thanks. I had a feeling this was something from the manga which failed to make it's way into the anime properly.

Articalys

Blu-ray volume 6 cover is up, and sure enough it's the remaining members of the 104th who didn't get a cover yet: Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie.
71scZ%2BlYZBL._AA1378_.jpg

karasu

I was enjoying this show
until I read that the main character discovers he has the abilty to change into a Titan.
Now I'm afraid that will become the solution to every problem and it will fall down the same hole as other shonen I've watched.

FluxWaveZ

I was enjoying this show
until I read that the main character discovers he has the abilty to change into a Titan.
Now I'm afraid that will become the solution to every problem and it will fall down the same hole as other shonen I've watched.

It doesn't, perhaps annoyingly so.

RedSwirl

Did anyone ever figure out what the proper wording of the opening lyrics to the 1st OP are?

It's interpreted as either "Sind Sie das Essen? Nein! Wir sind die Jaeger!"

Or, "Sind Sie das Essen, und Wir sind die Jaeger!"

That one word difference can make the sentence have two different meanings. If you look at the subtitles on Funimation's official stream it's "nein," but a lot of people interpret it as "und." Did anyone ask the actual people that did the OP?

I was wondering. Would anyone be kind enough to pass along to me an avatar sized picture of the Armoured Titan? I would do it myself, however I fear that I may spoil his identity :p

Thanks.

Vito

Banned
Yeah it's a derpy illustration, most Shingeki illustration are either boring, terrible or both, not a lot of interesting ones sadly.

Soriku

Yeah it's a derpy illustration, most Shingeki illustration are either boring, terrible or both, not a lot of interesting ones sadly.

I'll attribute that to most of the designs being relatively...normal.

Also not really a fan of buff Mikasa.

Nibel

Did anyone ever figure out what the proper wording of the opening lyrics to the 1st OP are?

It's interpreted as either "Sind Sie das Essen? Nein! Wir sind die Jaeger!"

Or, "Sind Sie das Essen, und Wir sind die Jaeger!"

That one word difference can make the sentence have two different meanings. If you look at the subtitles on Funimation's official stream it's "nein," but a lot of people interpret it as "und." Did anyone ask the actual people that did the OP?

It's weird because while the "nein" would make more sense (The protagonists don't want to be the prey but hunters), I just can't hear it - it always sounds like "und" to me

Malajax

So the anime will come back eventually?

The assumption is eventually given that the anime was such a huge hit. Nothing has been confirmed, however. The earliest I would expect anything may be fall of next year for maybe a movie or a short season (13 eps). There isn't much content to animate at this time. At least, not enough for an anime season.

Ponn

Banned
The assumption is eventually given that the anime was such a huge hit. Nothing has been confirmed, however. The earliest I would expect anything may be fall of next year for maybe a movie or a short season (13 eps). There isn't much content to animate at this time. At least, not enough for an anime season.

That's what filler is for! Eren's hunt for a hot dog arc.

belushy

Banned
Watched the first 17 episodes last night for the first time. I really dig this show. I usually hate reading subtitles (and by the 15 episode I was focused more on watching then reading so I'm sure I missed some things) but I decided to try and watch the first episode and after that I was hooked.

I was enjoying this show

I was kind of disappointed by that too, but they actually handled it really well. Trust me, it won't be the solution to every problem. Far from it.

belushy

Banned
Yep, finished the last episode just now. I'm sad that it is over (for now???), I really enjoyed it.

As for what is being discussed above, at first it really did make me roll my eyes. As you get more into the show it definitely doesn't solve everything.

Sad about some of the deaths during the last few episodes. <3 Petra.

BTW, anyone find the revelation of the Armored and Colossal Titan kind of out of the blue? It was revealed so casually that I thought I accidentally missed something or the pages got mixed up.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
BTW, anyone find the revelation of the Armored and Colossal Titan kind of out of the blue? It was revealed so casually that I thought I accidentally missed something or the pages got mixed up.

Not the right thread to discuss it but yeah, it was definitely unexpected.

belushy

Banned
I know a lot of anime watchers don't like filler, but at this point I wouldn't mind it. Maybe show more stuff with the secondary characters? Christa, Connie, Sasha, etc.

I really did make a mistake by watching this while it is still considered on-going. I just want to watch more. :p

Tenck

Glad I wasn't the only one. I was casually reading the manga then said "Whoah what the fuck" when I got to that part.

kirblar

Glad I wasn't the only one. I was casually reading the manga then said "Whoah what the fuck" when I got to that part.
SnK and HxH both intentionally use anticlimax/defiance of expectations as a narrative technique. HxH a biiiiiit more effectively.

Flarin

I just finished watching the anime series on Crunchy Roll. Holy hot damn is this good.
I've never seen production values like this in an anime. The sequences when they're flying around the city with the maneuver gear are simply stunning.

I've never kept up with manga after an anime ends, but I might have to this time. They're so many things yet to be revealed! I really hope they do a season 2 of the anime. Would be amazing.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
So, about the "Ilse's Journal" OVA....

I really like it, very faithful to the sidestory and gave us a little more. Didn't expect Levi's former team to make an appearance.

Gotta admit that I flinched a little when the titan began to bite Ilse's head, tho.

I figured they'd do a 10 minute ova, didn't expect a full 22 minute episode. Very nice. It's considered episode 3.5 and is a bit more gory than we're used to.

Next OVA releases in April.

Just found out about this anime around Thanksgiving and I have to say, it has really piqued my interest. It's been a long time since I've been hyped for an anime, I rarely like many. I am too picky. So it took me a while to find out this existed, since I stopped keeping up with the community since there were none I liked.

But this one looks amazing. I prefer to watch anime dubbed, though. I know the dub is coming out next year. What are the chances it will come on Toonami? I haven't watched an anime on Cartoon Network since Moribito and Death Note. Tried SAO, but I didn't like it and dropped it.

This anime seems like it's another league than SAO though, I am very excited. Could be my new Bebop or Evangelion. :)

Just found out about this anime around Thanksgiving and I have to say, it has really piqued my interest. It's been a long time since I've been hyped for an anime, I rarely like many. I am too picky. So it took me a while to find out this existed, since I stopped keeping up with the community since there were none I liked.

But this one looks amazing. I prefer to watch anime dubbed, though. I know the dub is coming out next year. What are the chances it will come on Toonami? I haven't watched an anime on Cartoon Network since Moribito and Death Note. Tried SAO, but I didn't like it and dropped it.

This anime seems like it's another league than SAO though, I am very excited. Could be my new Bebop or Evangelion. :)

Don't know if you know this, but SAO has a pretty massive hatebase. It's not hard to find an anime better than that for a lot of people.

You could always ask for recommendations in the seasonal threads. There's still a lot of quality stuff out there.

belushy

Banned
Neat cover of OP2 by a group of people.

Link

I liked pretty much every song from this anime (openings, endings, battle songs, etc), which doesn't happen all that often for me. OP2 is definitely my favorite though.

edit: Oh, the video is three months old, didn't even notice. Probably already been posted here then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom