• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

https://twitter.com/ebina_sanseido/status/340374734149660672

Hahhahahaha. Hey Branduil, remember when you were wondering how they would make the OAD which is coming out with Vol11 of the manga considering all the production issues with the TV series? The answer is, they're NOT! The OAD version of Vol11 has been cancelled, and they're now tentatively planning to release the OAD with Vol12 instead. Loooooooooooool.

http://shingeki.net/#!/page/comics_11ltd

Okay, looks like Vol12 is due in December. That makes sense, since the TV series will be over by then. Sounds like Wit Studio's nightmare isn't going to end anytime soon.

Just shot through episodes 1 through 7 this morning.

Holy fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. I've no idea what I'm going to do with myself now. I need something to tide me over.
Not gonna read the manga and no way am I going near wikipedia.

The videogame is probably going to suck eggs if/when it happens. Watch it be for the PS Vita and be an SRPG or some bullshit.

Branduil

https://twitter.com/ebina_sanseido/status/340374734149660672

Hahhahahaha. Hey Branduil, remember when you were wondering how they would make the OAD which is coming out with Vol11 of the manga considering all the production issues with the TV series? The answer is, they're NOT! The OAD version of Vol11 has been cancelled, and they're now tentatively planning to release the OAD with Vol12 instead. Loooooooooooool.

http://shingeki.net/#!/page/comics_11ltd

Okay, looks like Vol12 is due in December. That makes sense, since the TV series will be over by then. Sounds like Wit Studio's nightmare isn't going to end anytime soon.

RIP Studio Wit.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So someone made this gif.....

NSFW?

computer-close-hulk.gif

duckroll

Yea, quite a bit of that going on in Attack on Titan and yet there are those who tell me the animation is awesome.

I think the main problem is that there are a limited number of really talented animators on board, and they can only work on so much at a time. The show is so rushed for deadlines that they don't have the luxury of just waiting for the better animators to animate as much as possible, because they need the episodes done before the broadcast deadline. They reserve the absolute most important scenes for those animators in advance, and everything else is farmed out to anyone they can afford to pay from anywhere. Quality is sure to suffer even if they have unlimited funds.

Nibel

Saturdays, on Crunchyroll there might be delays now and then.

Ok, thanks :)

BTW, to those people who say that the anime is not animated really well: what are good examples of constantly good animated animes? I mean you must have some hiiiiigh standards

Erigu

to those people who say that the anime is not animated really well
Well, it's more like, sometimes, it's not animated. At all.

what are good examples of constantly good animated animes? I mean you must have some hiiiiigh standards
Not really.
(and anything by Kyôto Animation, for example, I guess)

BTW, to those people who say that the anime is not animated really well: what are good examples of constantly good animated animes? I mean you must have some hiiiiigh standards

I think there are clearly moments where Attack on titan could be animated better. Though I do watch Naruto Shippuden and the other weekly shonen action series...so perhaps my gauge of well animated is off-kilter.

Branduil

The series has its moments of great animation, but as Duckroll said, it's not consistent because they have to farm out so much of the show and the best animators only have time to work on a few scenes.

There are a lot more consistently animated shows than this one, though the best ones would be things like Cowboy Bebop, Dennou Coil, or Hyouka.

cj_iwakura

The moments of jaw-dropping fantastic animation make up for the rest, IMO.

That Episode 5 speedrun, my god.

Just saw Episode 8.

Well... then. I suspected it based on
the slayer-Titan's eyes, but yeah.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Same here

Maybe if they built up the other characters equally would be one thing, but I was one of those who was never annoyed at Eren's bitching (had good reason) so to see him get
****SPOILERS*** swallowed was shocking, awesome, and heart breaking
all at the same time

****I SAID SPOILERS*** glad he's back, and that he actually got some Titan kills even if he cheated a little
Yeah, this is my point. Game of Thrones builds up a bunch of characters simultaneously. Killing off Eren permanently is not the same as killing Stark.

Disagree. Eren could jave served as a Kamina type character and cemented both the idea that a beloved character can die but at the same time given balls to the rest of the limp-dicks he left behind. Just as Kamina's death stung in Gurren Lagann, so too would have Eren's, but in the long run the war-weathered crew would have been better as a result and the show would have been more interesting.
If I actually liked any of the characters besides Eren, that would be great. I simply don't. Why does Eren's death need to motivate Mikasa? She's also better than he is. He spends his whole life trying to keep up with her and then gets eaten? That makes no narrative sense.

His death breaks her, not the opposite. His death would serve no purpose than to deconstruct Mikasa, weakening her. So we lose one protag, and weaken another? That's regressive storytelling.

They spend 5 eps showing that Eren's got the guts, but Mikasa's got he talent to back it up, and spends more time protecting him than the other way around.

Killing Eren permanently would be the equivalent of killing Simon to motivate Kamina.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Episode 09

Aw yesss. Levi x Hanji action. The terrible music continues though... :/

Overall pretty solid episode in terms of animation - not too many stills for once. Action in the beginning was nice and now some things in the story are starting to be revealed.

Velti

Neo Member

...you're kidding, right? Maybe you're just young.

Mushi-shi
Cowboy Bebop (oblig)
FLCL
Utena
A few of the Gundam series (Wing, War in the Pocket, 08th MS Team)
Paranoia Agent
Baccano
Durarara!
TT Gurren Lagann
Haruhi Suzumiya..

And then some ancient ones. Anyway, the list is long. It sounds like this studio has just been plagued with poor production.

Nibel

...you're kidding, right? Maybe you're just young.

Mushi-shi
Cowboy Bebop (oblig)
FLCL
Utena
A few of the Gundam series (Wing, War in the Pocket, 08th MS Team)
Paranoia Agent
Baccano
Durarara!
TT Gurren Lagann
Haruhi Suzumiya..

And then some ancient ones. Anyway, the list is long. It sounds like this studio has just been plagued with poor production.

Uhm I don't watch much anime and only read the One Piece manga, sorry to offend you

But I appreciate your professional answer, you seem to be an expert of Japanese culture which is pretty rare nowadays

Velti

Neo Member
Uhm I don't watch much anime and only read the One Piece manga, sorry to offend you

But I appreciate your professional answer, you seem to be an expert of Japanese culture which is pretty rare nowadays

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

Not sure if subtle neck-beard accusation...but ultimately don't care? 'scool.

Dali

Yeah, this is my point. Game of Thrones builds up a bunch of characters simultaneously. Killing off Eren permanently is not the same as killing Stark.

If I actually liked any of the characters besides Eren, that would be great. I simply don't. Why does Eren's death need to motivate Mikasa? She's also better than he is. He spends his whole life trying to keep up with her and then gets eaten? That makes no narrative sense.

His death breaks her, not the opposite. His death would serve no purpose than to deconstruct Mikasa, weakening her. So we lose one protag, and weaken another? That's regressive storytelling.

They spend 5 eps showing that Eren's got the guts, but Mikasa's got he talent to back it up, and spends more time protecting him than the other way around.

Killing Eren permanently would be the equivalent of killing Simon to motivate Kamina.
There are more characters than just Mikasa. Simon was a totally different character before Kamina died, so too could the other characters be changed by Eren's death. And while Mikasa may have initially been hurt by Eren's death there's no reason why she couldn't get over it and be in the same shape she was before or even better as a result. Eren was the outspoken leader, while Mikasa was the quiet but deadly type. She already demonstrated she can be a leader when she thought he was dead. No reason why that couldn't have been the direction they took her character in.

Roubjon

Episode 9 was pretty neat.

Now that he knows how to activate his TRUE POWERS hopefully he can kick some ass. I don't understand why he turned into a torso with an arm and some msucle though. It's pretty hilarious actually.

Permanently A

Episode 9 was pretty neat.

Now that he knows how to activate his TRUE POWERS hopefully he can kick some ass. I don't understand why he turned into a torso with an arm and some msucle though. It's pretty hilarious actually.

The cannonball exploding him mid transformation was probably why

Kickz

fuuuuuk that was an awesome episode.. I was afraid early on we were getting some flashback/memories episode but the that 2nd half spilled all the beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom