• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
I think writers should stick to the original planned story (start - end) then if its a success, create new stories after the first one has concluded.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Been watching it on Crunchyroll and I'm actually enjoying it. The animation is top notch and I like that characters are dying left and right. There's a huge sense of hopelessness and hope at the same time. I think I'm only one episode away from catching up.

kurahador

This is something I hate about manga. It seems a lot of the stories that start out as something with a planned beginning and end but if it ever hits big the writer starts padding it as much as possible in hopes of milking it for years.

I think US tv series are mostly guilty of this.

One Piece, HxH, Berserk and D Gray Man story seems to be going just fine.

NEO0MJ

Don't know about HxH and Gray man but Berserk is too slow for its own good and has been dragging (though still good) and I just couldn't deal with One Piece any more. It went from one of my fav things to a fucking bore and a chore.

I think writers should stick to the original planned story (start - end) then if its a success, create new stories after the first one has concluded.

It seems like a lot of manga authors only have a plan for the beginning and end, but generally not the middle. At least a few have said they make it up as it goes along, but are always building toward the ending they had in mind since the beginning.

I've been watching it on Crunchyroll and honestly, I wasn't expecting to get into much but now I can say, I really enjoy it.

It's pretty messed up but I look forward to where the story is going to head. It's so odd but incredibly interesting at the same time.

Give me more gore. The more death, the better.

jrcbandit

Have they announced if this is the first season or are they going to make another lame anime-only ending for episode 25? If it is anime original, I hope they do a better job than Blue Exorcist or Claymore.

Have they announced if this is the first season or are they going to make another lame anime-only ending for episode 25? If it is anime original, I hope they do a better job than Blue Exorcist or Claymore.

With how big the manga sales bump has been since the anime started, they might not have the balls to mess with the story and go for an original ending. They'd probably just go for a good stopping point and then have another season at some point down the line.

Nothing announced yet, though.

kirblar

With how big the manga sales bump has been since the anime started, they might not have the balls to mess with the story and go for an original ending. They'd probably just go for a good stopping point and then have another season at some point down the line.

With Bleach already having "done it first", it'll probably make that sort of resolution easier to pitch to the execs.

Daingurse

Hate to go on a tangent in this thread, but I just started reading Berserk recently. I'm 10 volumes deep and this shit is absolutely incredible. The feels this manga gives me . . .

tumblr_m4i9b9eF9N1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Hate to go on a tangent in this thread, but I just started reading Berserk recently. I'm 10 volumes deep and this shit is absolutely incredible. The feels this manga gives me . . .

You could always post in the manga thread about it. Quite a few Berserk fans in there. When you get caught up, you can join their pain of Miura's constant hiatuses.

Daingurse

You could always post in the manga thread about it. Quite a few Berserk fans in there. When you get caught up, you can join their pain of Miura's constant hiatuses.

Haha, the day I catch up to all that content will be a sad day indeed.

You're in for a treat. I'd love to read your further impressions.

I actually am planning on possibly doing some video blog impressions that I will put on my humble 1 subscriber strong youtube channel. All for my own enjoyment lol, so if you're legitimately interested in my impressions of the series, there ya go.

But yeah how about that Shingeki eh? I gotta admit I am enjoying this show immensely animated. I caught up to the manga a few weeks back, but I really like how the material is handled in this adaptation, With a few exceptions here and there elated to censorship. If the Blu-rays release with uncut footage that would be fantastic. I'd love some Shingeki Blurays in general . . . I'll patiently wait for the localization.

But in general the show has a very epic and thematic feel that I'm really digging. I'm an enormous kaiju fan, and this series just hits so many beats for me. I always love when people get dark with the genre.

Necrovex

With Bleach already having "done it first", it'll probably make that sort of resolution easier to pitch to the execs.

You mean Inuyasha right? I remember when that show initially ended two years prior to "The Final Act" that I was so pissed off, since I never expected the rest of the manga to be animated.

You mean Inuyasha right? I remember when that show initially ended two years prior to "The Final Act" that I was so pissed off, since I never expected the rest of the manga to be animated.

Actually HXH would fit the bill more. That or Gintama resumed after catching up and then taking a break.

One Piece should follow soon unless they go crazy amount of fillers like Naruto whose anime is still stuck in filler hell.

Necrovex

Actually HXH would fit the bill more. That or Gintama resumed after catching up and then taking a break.

One Piece should follow soon unless they go crazy amount of fillers like Naruto whose anime is still stuck in filler hell.

I don't think One Piece will have an end point if Toei continues the one chapter per episode scenario.

RangerBAD

Soon you'll be with the rest of us waiting six months to a year for new chapters.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So yeah. I am cautiously enjoying this show. Been burnt a bit by anime lately (Gargantia's... Episode 6, I think? sprung an unwelcome surprise on me) but this seems to at least attempt to dodge the tropes even if there still is occasional stupidness (just say human, Eren). Really enjoy the Titan design, and think Jeren (sp?) is a really good character. Less bought over by Mikasa, however. Bit one-dimensional. The animation (when it's actually there) is fantastic, makes this show really strange to watch because it teeters between top quality and stills constantly.

Necrovex

ibcrZYTZPkgGzF.gif

OH GOD, Hunter X Hunter all over again! I will definitely take my time then. I gotta a lot of content to get through, but . . . this shit is compelling dawg.

I remember being in high school and getting to (manga spoiler)
Guts and crew sailing to Fairy Island.
That was five years ago, and (manga spoiler)
I never found out if the crew got to that bloody island, I just remember them getting stuck at Filler Island when I looked at the manga again two-to-three years back.

Daingurse

Miura is confirmed alive at least. It's not as bad with Berserk since it's a monthly release.

hahahaha, but man Togashi must have some serious health issues. I mean you could even see the deterioration in the art-work quality in the Jump releases . . . Is he doing better these days? I never really knew what the deal was when I followed the HxH manga years ago. I just assumed some kind of illness combined with stress or something.

Proelite

Soon you'll be with the rest of us waiting six months to a year for new chapters.

Is Berserk a light hearted harem fantasy shounen for young teens? I've read some of the latest chapters and it seems that way.

The MC is a nice change of pace from typical shounen MCs. He is a capable adult for once. I am shipping him with the loli witch because it seems to be heading in that direction.

RangerBAD

hahahaha, but man Togashi must have some serious health issues. I mean you could even see the deterioration in the art-work quality in the Jump releases . . . Is he doing better these days? I never really knew what the deal was when I followed the HxH manga years ago. I just assumed some kind of illness combined with stress or something.

It's probably his wife drawing it.

Is Berserk a light hearted harem fantasy shounen for young teens? I've read some of the latest chapters and it seems that way.

The MC is a nice change of pace from typical shounen MCs. He is a capable adult for once. I am shipping him with the loli witch because it seems to be heading in that direction.

You've not read anything before recent chapters? And, no, it's not heading that way. Anyways, I'm off topic.

Togashi's illness is Dragon Quest fever.

LiK

i just watched all 9 of the released eps. HOLY SHIT, so good. you guys were right. i will never doubt anime-GAF again.

Proelite

You've not read anything before recent chapters? And, no, it's not heading that way. Anyways, I'm off topic.

I've seen the anime for Berserk. I guess it's a completely different take on the source material since it seems to be a seinen take on a shounen manga.

Erigu

I've seen the anime for Berserk. I guess it's a completely different take on the source material since it seems to be a seinen take on a shounen manga.
Berserk is a seinen manga.

EDIT: Oh, wait, it's a joke about Schierke, right? Haha. Ha.

Dali

I never underestimate their power to ruin a good thing.

wildfire

Banned
There should be a follow up pic where he Eren asks her what the fuck she is doing a few times and she offers to share her potato with him.

Something I've been wondering, why do the guys gotta spin around like 20 times while they're flying at the back of a titan's neck before they make the cut?

Peagles

Yeah its gre.....oh the end song? No that is bad but the opening song is amazeballs.

It's okay. I prefer the classiness of the end song though. What's so bad about it?
I always love the juxtaposition of an episode of batshit crazy stuff happening followed by some calming piano :p

Opening is just kinda full on choir chants, ending has a nice movement. I really love the animation style too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom