• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malajax

Ep 10:

it was a really slow paced episode, but man did Armin come through! I totally felt his desperation and conviction through that performance. Excellent, excellent scene. Seems like we're continuing with the slower pace for the next episode as well, but I'll be content if we get more scenes like Armin's

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Episode 10:
IeSjw.gif

Akito

Episode 10
Slooooow episode, they should have trimmed the dialogues and let it end with
Eren punching Mikasa
, how many more times do we need to see the same flashback.
Now that I think about it, where the hell did the huge boulder come from actually, it's bigger than the gate which got destroyed.

I don't need too much. More than good enough for me.

I like this show, but it's pretty much the opposite of good animation. Episode 8 even had multiple scenes that weren't animated at all. The material is very good, but the actual production values are pretty atrocious.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I like this show, but it's pretty much the opposite of good animation. Episode 8 even had multiple scenes that weren't animated at all. The material is very good, but the actual production values are pretty atrocious.

Flashy scenes aren't common, but when really good animation is NEEDED, it's there and it's god-tier.
Spiderman sequences rock.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I liked this episode, Armin's desperate plea was really well thought out and you could feel the emotion. Unfortunately, blue balls galore. I want to wait like a month or two, before watching again, but I don't think I can bring myself to go a week without the show.

blahblahblah.

manfestival

not really a fan of armin and this episode being armin centric didnt help in my appeal of it but it was an OK episode. glad to have finally seen the character introduced at an earlier time as i was wondering about that one. Also thinking that the show is gonna start being predictable now as its sort of hit a stride... please someone tell me im wrong without spoiling anything

Jigolo

I'm not really the one to bitch about that stuff though. I know people always want more but like I said, it's good enough for me. Those stills they had that episode while they were getting into place to take down the mini titans is something that doesn't bother me at all. While others here were tripping balls over that.

Soma

That was some of the most intense yelling and saluting I've seen in a while.

I like Armin though. I'm glad they've made him a fairly useful character in the series.

Mairu

I was watching the episode with a friend who read the manga. After it was over, I was like... was that a full chapter in the manga? *sorta manga spoilers just figured I'd be safe*
He said it was something like four pages.
I kind of expected it to slow down, but that was something else

docbon

We have 20 seconds before they load that next cannon shell

*entire episode passes by*

that was pretty awful.

Dali

Def getting DBZ vibes now (that's not a good thing). Holy shit this is starting to get painful. I just want to yell at the tv "DO SOMETHING!". It's like watching an episode of Kaiji. Hope they pick up the pace after the rehash episode.

kirblar

Def getting DBZ vibes now (that's not a good thing). Holy shit this is starting to get painful. I just want to yell at the tv "DO SOMETHING!". It's like watching an episode of Kaiji. Hope they pick up the pace after the rehash episode.
After his episode I'm sure they're just going to go to a stoppng point like Bleach did and pick up when there's more Manga completed. (And I'm unspoiled.) We're almost halfway through and it feels like we're still in the Origin Story phase.

Ep seemed clearly designed to give them a head start re: upcoming content. Virtually no action.

Erigu

I was watching the episode with a friend who read the manga. After it was over, I was like... was that a full chapter in the manga? *sorta manga spoilers just figured I'd be safe*
He said it was something like four pages.
A bit over 40 pages, actually.

Erigu

I'm not sure if that makes the manga worse or the anime better :|
Well, it certainly makes your friend's claim a gross exaggeration, at the very least!

That scene worked well in the manga, in my opinion. But it should have been part A of this episode, in the animated adaptation, nothing more. Diluting it like that (that bit about the flowers wasn't even in the manga, for instance!) was a really poor call and made the whole situation feel quite silly.

Arksy

The pickiness of you guys with the stills and criticising the quality of the animation have made me notice it when I previously wouldn't have cared.

That said, this episode used a fair bit of footage from previous episodes.

I still enjoyed it.
Dat Pixis.

Shouldn't all that be spoiler tagged?

Episode 10 – Response - The Battle for Trost (6)
BMSFpjmCUAAEx8H.png

I hope the color filter adds more colors to their toolbox, weve seen this one so much already in addition to the consistent usage each episode for the recap moment. Though I think if they go more reddish and maybe add the purples and what nots and even blues, it could look really stylish, and then overlay some smoke effects and wind effects to make the moments even more dramatic, like the one this episode with Armin when he had that huge realization moment and hair flying all over.

Lots of boring moments and staying litrally within a 20ft radius for 18 minutes of the episode made it quite dull. Only good and memorable part
Eren showing signs of fatigue, the breathing, the coloring around the eyes and what not, and just showcasing his undying determination and dedication while trying to at least rely on others and not do it all himself. Great move there for his huge dialogue to himself and then letting Armin make a decision instead of just doing. It felt different than what other writers would have made their characters do, so clap hands indeed for it.

Outside of that, I think this whole miniarc of sorts in this Battle of Trost arc was bordering on being annoying, I kind of dislike this type of plot in series because it always just becomes baffling stupid of sorts since characters are so stubborn, dragging twenty seconds out to 16 minutes didnt help.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Good episode. I liked the character development much more than in past "slow" episodes.

I really liked
the part where Armin stood up against the commander. Armin´s desperate attempt to save their lives with dramatic music in the background, beautiful.

Dali

Animators fucking loved this episode. No need for a clip show anymore.

Also
Scorchingly hot lady Titans!
Of course the animators loved it there was a point when Eren was talking but they didn't even bother to move his mouth. Omg I feel like I'm turning I'm turning into duckroll.

Tawpgun

This is why I don't watch anime much. It's full of these internal monologues. Shit by 15 minutes in they were still in the fucking smoke. DBZ was annoying enough with something that should take 5 minutes lasting 3 episodes.

Branduil

Attack on Titan 10

ibbMdYVuYlubcx.jpg

What's wrong with your face!?

LOL, this episode went full-on, take-a-potato-chip-and-eat-it Araki. I can see that scene being pretty divisive.

I remember talking with duckroll about this earlier, but I didn't think it would take them so long to get through some of this material. He was right, but it'd probably be better if they weren't so thorough. These last two episodes in particular really should have been one episode.

At least the animation was a bit better this week. The
decaying titan shell
actually looked pretty cool, and there was some nice background art.

Zios

Banned
This is why I don't watch anime much. It's full of these internal monologues. Shit by 15 minutes in they were still in the fucking smoke. DBZ was annoying enough with something that should take 5 minutes lasting 3 episodes.

Exactly. Pretty much why I stopped watching anime years go. This anime has some interesting moments, but is still riddled with generic crap and stereotypical anime characters.

Dat Armin negotiation scene was really great although it only lasted a short moment, while the rest of the ep. was decent but the flashbacks.... yeesh. This episode reminds me of ep.11 of Fate Zero with everyone just sitting down, drinking and talking for around 20 min.

Subitai

I don't mind. I think what happened would have been somewhat of a harder sell if they went through much faster. I'll take a few talking episodes even it means stepping away from the super intense ones that have been so great thus far.

Tawpgun

I don't mind dialogue based episodes. I'm a big Tarantino fan and you sometimes get 20 or whatever minutes of dialogue between two characters in his films. But is dialogue is interesting and well written.

None of this stereotypical anime cheesy crap.

I don't mind dialogue based episodes. I'm a big Tarantino fan and you sometimes get 20 or whatever minutes of dialogue between two characters in his films. But is dialogue is interesting and well written.

None of this stereotypical anime cheesy crap.

I'm the opposite. Tarantino dialogue bores the hell out of me outside of Kill Bill. This on the other hand was damn exhilarating.

I might chalk that up to the presentation and voice acting more than the actual dialogue though.

Oh man, I just started watching the show today and speed through all 10 episodes. I love, love, love it.
Tugs at the heartstrings, and the maneuver systems are so freaking cool. I want to blitz around on wire and jetpacks.

I can't wait till episode 11 :/

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
not really a fan of armin and this episode being armin centric didnt help in my appeal of it but it was an OK episode. glad to have finally seen the character introduced at an earlier time as i was wondering about that one. Also thinking that the show is gonna start being predictable now as its sort of hit a stride... please someone tell me im wrong without spoiling anything

Probably not as predictable as you are expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom