• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jmLReXT.png

Hawt potato.

So last week the show took way too long and nothing happened, this week looks even worse, think it's time to take a step back. Oh well, maybe there will be an anime worth watching in the next 5 or 6 years. Or maybe I'm just too old for this shit.

ahayschi

Neo Member
Worst episode of the series. Terrible pacing, shockingly awful writing in the confrontation between Armin and the captain, and there's a scene where they don't even animate Eren's mouth when he talks. Yikes.

We should be grateful that they even animated the confrontation... no, you're right, it was still awful.

So last week the show took way too long and nothing happened, this week looks even worse, think it's time to take a step back. Oh well, maybe there will be an anime worth watching in the next 5 or 6 years. Or maybe I'm just too old for this shit.

*obligatory there's plenty of anime worth watching post*

You could always wait for the show to end to see how it turns out without having to deal with the poor pacing. I at least think there's some interesting developments coming up, for whatever that's worth.

Veronica

Banned
Last episode was a good bit of filler, but this anime is still the best thing happening on earth right now. I'm hooked waiting on each manga chapter now just like the anime.

Shit is gold, Jerry. Gold.

Hellix

I just finished all 10 episodes in one sitting, when's the next one?

Same here. I can't believe it took me so long to give this a look. Definitely one of my favorites in a long while.

I believe it airs every Saturday. I feel like all the backlash from the recent episode is due to having to wait a full week to get barely any progression. I wish I waited until the season was finished, because now I will be in the same boat waiting every week.

Armin is officially the most annoying character in the history of human fiction.

Nah, I haven't seen him do anything yet that would be considered "annoying."

The level of fucktard Eren hits dwarfs whatever faults Armin might have.

What i don't like about Armin is that he is a very character who seems overly demanding when it comes to approval seeking from his peers!

We must understand that Eren is not a complex character whose motivation is not well-justified. As a kid killing those people with so little remorse, fear and skill does not equalize well with believable behavior in the context of the character. But Eren deals with shit and moves on. He takes action. Armin does not, and having him REPEAT his whining like dat is grueling!

Currently I like Mikasa and Jean the most!

What i don't like about Armin is that he is a very character who seems overly demanding when it comes to approval seeking from his peers!

We must understand that Eren is not a complex character whose motivation is not well-justified. As a kid killing those people with so little remorse, fear and skill does not equalize well with believable behavior in the context of the character. But Eren deals with shit and moves on. He takes action. Armin does not, and having him REPEAT his whining like dat is grueling!

Another Jean fan? I love him the most, Eren is relatable, and Connie is good too.

akaoni

Banned
Viewers are starting to see typical shounen annoyances with SnK?

31210373.jpg

I'm quite a few episodes behind, switched to the manga to try it instead. I just think it's a very average series with cheap shocking moments in the beginning, can't see it going anywhere interesting. I will keep an eye on the reception when it ends and decide whether to continue, please be my guinea pigs.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Fuck, people kept telling me how good this show was and really, the first episodes are fantastic. But from the moment
Eren comes back as a Titan
the show reverted back to being your average mecha anime, but with the mecha role being taken by an oversized human-thing.

Courage

Fuck, people kept telling me how good this show was and really, the first episodes are fantastic. But from the moment
the show reverted back to being your average mecha anime, but with the mecha role being taken by an oversized human-thing.

Yeah, my friend that recommended it told me it's like Game of Thrones in the sense that characters die unexpectedly and remain dead permanently. I kinda wish
they never brought Eren back, since Mikasa is a strong character on her own

hteng

Banned

that IS Armin's character, he is always portrayed as a whimpy character but has great strategic intellect. He will grow in time and there will be a time where he has to decide to join the frontlines or the command line. You will like him later on, he is the reason the whole rookie team survive their encounters. Eren is but one chess piece on the board, you will hate him even more down the road.

i'll continue it some day. Telling you though, I almost blacklisted my friend from recommending me stuff after the first few episodes.

HxH is very deceptive.

Dont let the light hearted nature(if that is what turns you off) of the beginning fool you into thinking this show is anything but epic

It's also my favorite ongoing weekly anime on right now. I wish all of the on going anime was consistent in quality like HxH. The fights and the level of tension is great and the characters are just plain fun.

I've been trying to hold back from reading the manga on HxH and AoT.

I guess AoT is going to play out like all the other ongoing anime (except HxH) where one chapter in the manga equals one anime episode. Unfortunately we are going to get alot of drawn out/padded scenes to delay the anime catching up to the manga

hteng

Banned
HxH always follow this formula for its story arcs.

Main characters arrive at New setting
Main characters meet so new badass villians
Losses the first few rounds, shit's too much for them
Meets a Guru, train under Guru, 20+ chapters focusing on just training, lots of meaningless mumbo jumbo explaining what Nen can do, it's almost endless and torturous.
villians continue doing their things
Fully trained
Own lesser villians, has tough fight against higher rank villians, still wins anyhow
BAM! end arc

after the chimera ant chapter i kinda stopped reading. Thogugh i like how brutal the arc can be, kids getting skewered, people getting eaten, arms legs getting ripped, awesome shit.

Cwarrior

It's nice to see people having the same reaction I did, That is the moment attack on titan begins to go from being a thrilling shounen survival manga/anime to pissing all it's potential away with this dumb giant mecha like crap.

You guys should check out Hunter x hunter it's currently providing that sense of dread in spades in the chimera ant arc, it's an incredible shounen, the best running right now.

Daingurse

I wanted Godzilla with a dose of grimdark. I got Ultraman :(

Nibel

The hate in here is so... ughh

:(

There have been some slower episodes, yes, but some of you are giving up the whole show because of that? The premise and setting + production are still top notch

The hate in here is so... ughh

:(

There have been some slower episodes, yes, but some of you are giving up the whole show because of that? The premise and setting + production are still top notch

they are still gonna watch... they are just bitching for the sake of bitching

The moment Eren "MMA"s another Titan in beautiful animated glory, they'll be back on board... and then be right back off. :p

It was slow, and drawn out like most weekly anime, but not even close to a deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom