• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah wasnt sold on the show until
Eren gets eaten
and I was so hopelessly hooked on this show. The last 2 episodes though have really made me dislike it.

Episode 10 should be named "Armin Cries, Armin Yells - The 22minutle character exposition of godawfulness"

Lord Almighty this show is soooooo damn good wow just wow finished episode 8 and good spot to stop for now ( If i can lol)....will be buying bluray day-1

is there any other fairly new anime that's out on bluray in usa that's a must have for action/ mindblowing twists type like this show?

Last show I remeber being this good was Death Note

CorvoSol

Lord Almighty this show is soooooo damn good wow just wow finished episode 8 and good spot to stop for now ( If i can lol)....will be buying bluray day-1

is there any other fairly new anime that's out on bluray in usa that's a must have for action/ mindblowing twists type like this show?

Last show I remeber being this good was Death Note

Code Geass certainly does something to my mind with its twists.

SharkJAW

How did I miss this thread before? I found this on Crunchyroll and decided to push through it when I saw its popularity. Goodness, the art style, the brutality, it's a departure from what I normally see in shounen anime and I'm loving every minute of it.

Daingurse

Overrated series..

Rather see Gantz animated than this..

I'm enjoying the series, but yeah episode 10 was just plain not good. There's still a lot of stuff I can't wait to see animated, but I'm really glad I started reading Berserk. More than enough grim-dark there to sate my thirst. But lord, I enjoyed the series the most when humans were nearly helpless. It had true horror and was scratching my Kaiju itch real good. I still love the concept and the setting, but the series did not go down the road I wanted. I guess I'll have to wait till Legendary Godzilla releases to get what I want . . .

duckroll

Well at least we know episode 11 will be action packed awesomeness.

Hopefully next week is better.

I want some hype shit to go down next week to make up for this week.

Can't wait for next week's to air, as they pretty much hyped it up with this weeks episode.

Another slow episode. Hopefully it will pick up again in the next one.

I don't get the complaints. 10 looks like a set up for the next action focused ep.

LOL. Can't wait to drink all the tears. :)

:(

duckroll

Episode 10 was so terribly animated... I have to wonder if they'll fix it for the BD release.

Ep10 should be on Vol4 of the BD/DVDs, which is coming out in October. By then the TV series should be over, so... maybe they'll have time... but they'll still have to work on that OAD episode coming with the manga volume in December... lol. Hope they don't die. :(

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I guess the last 30 seconds made this shitty episode worth it? :/

Episode 11 – Icon - The Battle for Trost (7)
tumblr_mog8mlsjc91qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mog8mlsjc91qbxqfpo2_500.png

Kind of wish the episode was balanced better, as it took until 21 minutes to actually feel like the anime is conveying any sort of action to go with an attack :/. Though I was glad for lots of the conversation moments when centered on Eren and a few intriguing and kind of funny moments that got me to laugh a little. Did think it wasn't right how they kept calling him spoiled as it doesn't really make much sense and they just came across as rather annoying, why can't anyone honor Eren's wishes and desires, hes not a child or her brother even. The fly through was fun
and mindblown at the ending scene...pretty bold move if Mikasa is really dead, I can only imagine how things would go on from here.

They should have also not included a preview for the next episode, just based on the scenes shown and the dialogue makes it feel like we were spoiled
on a surprise move by Armin, and Conny fortunately escaping danger.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, I was expecting Attack on Titan to succumb to the rigors of shonen pacing and sadly it did not let me down.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The moment Eren said "I must become a symbol.", the Batman Begins theme started playing in my head.

Watched it and I think I just want to stop until the show nearly done. Pixis (or however it is spelled) is okay, but the constant dread and fear eating up precious air time is killing this show.

We get it. Titans are some scary fucks.

I saw this on Crunchyroll's 'Most Popular' list and it looked interesting. I'm looking for a new show to get into as Bleacj is on hiatus anyway.

Malajax

Lots of exposition again. Still liking the feeling of dread throughout, but that again was a horribly paced episode. Last 5 seconds were tops though.

I'm gonna stop watching the next episode previews. I can only handle so much teasing.

LiK

11 was more setup before we get to the good stuff. those animators must be drawing furiously the action scenes.

Lots of exposition again. Still liking the feeling of dread throughout, but that again was a horribly paced episode. Last 5 seconds were tops though.

I'm gonna stop watching the next episode previews. I can only handle so much teasing.

It feels kind of overdone at this point, especially this 7th episode of this battle...

Watched the episode, feels like they are pushing it. The last few seconds, of course, start to speed up. Also, the preview, damn I don't like when they spoil certain stuff.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I, for one, like the slow pace.
I also like how's the third or fourth time they set me up in a "Yeah, we'll kill some TITANS!" and then blowup happens, i thought i'd have learned that

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Since its aired I don't have to worry. But its going at the slow rate like the manga.

It gets real good later on. But I can't spoil anything

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Since its aired I don't have to worry. But its going at the slow rate like the manga.

It gets real good later on. But I can't spoil anything

I ain't mad.

I sat through 60 eps of garbage filler through shows like Bleach and One Piece to see less being set up for much more meaningless events. My faith will be rewarded.

Besides, they looked like they were struggling with animation and deadlines at times early on. Since they clearly haven't drawn anything up for the past few eps, I have to have faith that they're saving up for later episodes.

That was certainly a cool shot. If only it didn't take 20 minutes to get there, LOL.

Obviously we just had to get that long scene of the team walking together and having Eren chewed out, following on from a previous scene where the entire team slowly got picked as the commander addressed each of them personally. There's no way a piece of dramatic television could work without all of that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm definitely done with this show. The glacial pacing and rampant animation corner-cutting has basically nullified any sense of enjoyment that Attack on Titan was giving me, which still wouldn't be much at this point because my tolerance for every character being a RAW BUNDLE of EXPLOSIVE EMOTION engaging in pants-on-head dumbshittery for the sole purpose of ginning up conflict has completely evaporated.

I'm still going to catch up on the manga because a.) I'm still kind of engaged by the part of the narrative that directly involves the conflict against the Titans and b.) it's a significantly smaller time investment for more content than what I'd have to put into the remainder of the anime, but the animation production is easily at clusterfuck status and the stretching and stalling only serves to exacerbate the worst aspects of the narrative and its characters.

I'm definitely done with this show. The glacial pacing and rampant animation corner-cutting has absolutely murdered any sense of enjoyment that Attack on Titan was giving me, which still wouldn't be much at this point because my tolerance for every character being a RAW BUNDLE of EXPLOSIVE EMOTION engaging pants-on-head dumbshittery for the sole purpose of ginning up conflict has completely evaporated.

I'm still going to catch up on the manga because a.) I'm still kind of engaged by the part of the narrative that directly involves the conflict against the Titans and b.) it's a significantly smaller time investment for more content than what I'd have to put into the remainder of the anime, but the animation production is easily at clusterfuck status and the stretching and stalling only serves to exacerbate the worst aspects of the narrative and its characters.

Can I offer you a drink or something? You seem very worked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom