• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soriku

I'm the opposite. Tarantino dialogue bores the hell out of me outside of Kill Bill. This on the other hand was damn exhilarating.

I might chalk that up to the presentation and voice acting more than the actual dialogue though.

Yeah I like these types of episodes a lot where it's just talking and tension so this episode went by just as fast as any other ones. Do people really just need action to keep interested? :/

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Worst episode of the series. Terrible pacing, shockingly awful writing in the confrontation between Armin and the captain, and there's a scene where they don't even animate Eren's mouth when he talks. Yikes.

Mairu

Worst episode of the series. Terrible pacing, shockingly awful writing in the confrontation between Armin and the captain, and there's a scene where they don't even animate Eren's mouth when he talks. Yikes.

That part was so bizarre.

Jex

The last two episodes have had Kaiji level pacing, which is certainly not what I want to see in any adaptation. They could have easily been a single episode, but I suppose that would require too much animation.

Definitely the worst episode so far and with a recap episode coming up shortly I can't say I'm too thrilled by the direction this is going.

Episode was alright... kind of.

It was better than other anime pulling off the whole internal monologue crap but this was a really drawn-out episode, bleh. Hopefully next week is better.

7/10

I bet everyone is fucking hyped for the recap episode in 4 weeks. :D
Why do you have to be so mean and rub it in!? :(

Its bad enough that there was no Christa this week and Eren's batchmates in the last part of the episode
only stood there watching, content being sworn to secrecy and didn't realize how much it would boost humanity's chance of survival if they had a titan fighting alongside them. =.=

Ragnaroz

The only thing I don't like about this anime is the pacing of some episodes. This one was a perfect example, it took them 10 minutes to show what happened within 15 seconds in the show.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, this was bad, but watching Bleach on the Toonami reminds me of what rock bottom really looks like. At least important shit happened in this episode, which is more then can be said for Bleac.

wildfire

Banned
We have 20 seconds before they load that next cannon shell

*entire episode passes by*

that was pretty awful.

DBZ+Time+Logic_699331_4598751.jpg

Go_Ly_Dow

Focusing on repeated and unnecessary dialog and drawing out so many scenes really isn't entertaining.

Such a shame that the project is in such a messy state at the moment. I hope for the second half of the series they get their act together and bring their A game that the first few episodes had.

Lesiroth

Probably not as predictable as you are expecting.

If I had to guess what's coming up,
it'd be something like Eren transforming but failing to stay in control of himself and going berserk instead of moving the boulder.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one confused by Eren's unanimated mouth. I thought some telepathy was going on.

NEO0MJ

You know, I don't shouting like crazy is the best way to convince a group of frightened people on edge to accept your extremely risky proposal.

daniels

come on man one piece episode was shit, attack on titan was shit and even hunterxhunter wasn’t as good as usually what’s going on lol

sohois

You know, I don't shouting like crazy is the best way to convince a group of frightened people on edge to accept your extremely risky proposal.

You know, based on all that we have seen of the people of this show, one would have to conclude that the phrase "shouting like crazy" has no meaning to them. The default mode of people in Titan world is to shout; if anything, the phrase would be "talking like crazy". Anyone who isn't losing their voice over the most minor of issues is clearly a deranged lunatic who should be cannoned.

RangerBAD

Focusing on repeated and unnecessary dialog and drawing out so many scenes really isn't entertaining.

Such a shame that the project is in such a messy state at the moment. I hope for the second half of the series they get their act together and bring their A game that the first few episodes had.

It's all in the manga, but it just passes much faster (as fast as you can read it). There's a lot of dialogue in the manga at parts.

Erigu

It's all in the manga
They actually added some stuff (the bit with the flowers, for instance).
And surely, they could have shortened the whole thing, or at the very least played on the fact internal monologues don't have to happen in real time. But nope: let's spend the entire episode on this!

RangerBAD

They actually added some stuff (the bit with the flowers, for instance).
And surely, they could have shortened the whole thing, or at the very least played on the fact internal monologues don't have to happen in real time. But nope: let's spend the entire episode on this!

Well, I just meant there is a lot of dialogue in the manga, but sure there were things they could have done. I was going in expecting a lot of talking anyhow.

Dali

I've been waiting since last week and ya'll had to tell me this week is so bad.

Fuck

Yep. Everything was stretched out and there was no payoff. We did learn that Eren
can apparently will himself to turn into different types of Titans. So maybe he'll go toe to toe with the armoured Titan with armour himself or Turn into a super-fucking Titan like the gate crasher and have a Godzilla/Monthra fight.

Yep. Everything was stretched out and there was no payoff. We did learn that Eren
can apparently will himself to turn into different types of Titans. So maybe he'll go toe to toe with the armoured Titan with armour himself or Turn into a super-fucking Titan like the gate crasher and have a Godzilla/Monthra fight.
Just watched it

Eighteen minutes
before a change of scenery. Holy crap this is by far the worst episode of the show. Sluggish doesn't begin to describe the pace they're going for here.

kirblar

Just watched it

Eighteen minutes
before a change of scenery. Holy crap this is by far the worst episode of the show. A few more of these and it'll struggle to even hit my top ten of the year.
When they do S2 they really need to give themselves a large buffer.

Dahbomb

The show so terrible everyone can't stop watching and complaining.
Nah man only this episode. They literally sat in the fog for a good 15 minutes and talked out their "strategy".

I want some hype shit to go down next week to make up for this week.

You're still watching this? I guess it really is a hatewatch.

By the way, you should watch the new Hunter x Hunter. They're past the OVAs now and even made Greed Island good.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think I'm about to jump ship from this series. The writing is on the wall that this won't have a strong finish. Extra slow pacing and a recap episode coming up. The production is just screwed in every possible way, it won't end well. They can't soldier on strong because the manga isn't that far ahead. They can't possibly go any slower than they are right now. They don't have many episodes done ahead of time.

It's popular. That's what they have working in their favor. It will either get a remake treatment after the first 25 are done and the manga has gotten ahead, or we'll get a Second Attack! season in a year or two.

Starviper

Can't wait for next week's to air, as they pretty much hyped it up with this weeks episode. Definitely the weakest episode so far, by far, but I have a feeling next week will make up for it as they set out to actually get some shit done.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Oh damn, I thought I imagined that. Guess not.

Only upside of the episode was Armin's final plea to the commander.
You're still watching this? I guess it really is a hatewatch.

By the way, you should watch the new Hunter x Hunter. They're past the OVAs now and even made Greed Island good.
I've been catching up on this from the beginning. How far into the manga is the anime at episode 80ish? People kept telling me that it gets good at Greed Island, but I enjoyed the auction arc a bit more.

I've been catching up on this from the beginning. How far into the manga is the anime at episode 80ish? People kept telling me that it gets good at Greed Island, but I enjoyed the auction arc a bit more.

The consensus is Yorknew arc is actually better.

Anyway, we're in the 190s of the manga right now. Still about 150 chapters left to adapt.

Also, you should post in my HxH thread.

I think I'm about to jump ship from this series. The writing is on the wall that this won't have a strong finish. Extra slow pacing and a recap episode coming up. The production is just screwed in every possible way, it won't end well. They can't soldier on strong because the manga isn't that far ahead. They can't possibly go any slower than they are right now. They don't have many episodes done ahead of time.

It's popular. That's what they have working in their favor. It will either get a remake treatment after the first 25 are done and the manga has gotten ahead, or we'll get a Second Attack! season in a year or two.
Maybe they can squeeze a fumoffu in there to boot. Potato girl would make for a hilarious love interest.

HxH is actually good? Someone recommended it to me because I like Yu Yu and I gave up after like 5-7 episodes. No clue why someone would recommend that show to me

dan2026

HxH is actually good? Someone recommended it to me because I like Yu Yu and I gave up after like 5-7 episodes. No clue why someone would recommend that show to me

Because it is really, really good. A lot better than Yu Yu Hakusho in my opinion.
It turns all sorts of Shonen cliche's on their heads and it gets dark as fuck to boot.

Basically read the manga or watch the 2011 series now.
One of my favourite series' ever.

Daingurse

Agreed, this episode was fucking weak.

HxH is the definition of, "That escalated quickly. . ." Stick with it, the series is extremely deceptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom