• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBAD

Two things look to be in play:

1) They obviously did not give themselves enough lead time on the series. They're buffering the action with lots of easy-to-animate long stretches because of it, and this includes the recap episode. At his point, a short mid-point hiatus at Ep13 would probably do them some good, but I don't expect it.

2) They're totally going to find an "ending point" and wait for an S2 to follow up. I'm not even spoiled, and it's blatantly obvious we're still early in Act I of the series. Bleach's insane popularity and lack of backlash in going on hiatus has paved the way for other properties, and it's a far better option than doing an FMA v1.

I don't think we'll get a season 2, but if we do I don't think Wit Studio will be handling it. Not sure why they didn't go with a studio like Mad House or something.

I really believe we'll get an anime ending.

duckroll

I don't think we'll get a season 2, but if we do I don't think Wit Studio will be handling it. Not sure why they didn't go with a studio like Mad House or something.

I really believe we'll get an anime ending.

This show is so successful that I don't see a possibility where the production committee changes much. There will be more seasons, and I'm certain Wit Studio will be handling it, unless everyone in the studio literally dies while making the show, and they have to close down. :p

Then again, I guess most people don't really know how the business works or how anime gets made.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Episode 10 was kinda bad. Episode 11 was understandably fine. Strange that after 9 episodes everyone LOVED, two "slow" episodes is enough for this anime to suck forever. Fickle.

Pizza Hut collaboration wallpapers, available in 1280x1024 and 1680x1050:

https://pizzahut.jp/pc/general/include/shingeki_wp.html

3e2f5d3d4e4fbf228d6ccd73e819a2b81371065513_full.png

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/06/12/mikasa-voice-actress-engages-in-a-bit-of-attack-on-titan-roleplay

This is the third anime I've seen with tie-ins with Pizza Hut (previous two were Code Geass and Darker Than Black).

I don't really understand how Pixis' speech to the troops was meant to inspire them.
He just told them that four years prior the military willingly sent out a large number of people as sacrifices?
This episode ended sooner than I expected, I was surprised when the "To be continued" suddenly appeared. The spidermanning near the end makes up for it a little, I guess.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Episode 10 and 11 were arse. Awfully contrived and repetitive speeches, cheap animation and stills, and overall limp and lacklustre pacing.

It was so frustrating to watch.

BTW: I noticed a lot of Vietnamese names in the credits - didn't realise that parts of the show is outsourced to Vietnam.

Branduil

Studio Wit isn't even the problem(it's not like they're actually making most of the episodes at this point). There's not a studio in Japan or the world that could do well under this kind of production schedule.

RangerBAD

This show is so successful that I don't see a possibility where the production committee changes much. There will be more seasons, and I'm certain Wit Studio will be handling it, unless everyone in the studio literally dies while making the show, and they have to close down. :p

Then again, I guess most people don't really know how the business works or how anime gets made.

Sounds possible.

This weeks episode was pretty good even though it was filled with talking again. Something I don't like about the show is that when they do try to do comedy scenes, it always seem awkward. Like, I can't tell if they're being serious in the scene or if they're trying to joke. When Eren drank that alcohol and spit it out I couldn't tell if that was a joke or seriousness.

Back to the episode the ending to this episode was very very noticeable. I don't know how much more they could have layed it out how the episode will end. Once again the movements with there gear is awesome.

kirblar

This weeks episode was pretty good even though it was filled with talking again. Something I don't like about the show is that when they do try to do comedy scenes, it always seem awkward. Like, I can't tell if they're being serious in the scene or if they're trying to joke. When Eren drank that coffee and spit it out I couldn't tell if that was a joke or seriousness.

Back to the episode the ending to this episode was very very noticeable. I don't know how much more they could have layed it out how the episode will end. Once again the movements with there gear is awesome.
Coffee? Thought that was supposed to be alcohol.

Dali

After the last episode and now reading a few comments about this episode I'm actually not frothing to watch like I was for the first 8. I mean I'll definitely watch it but they've really taken a dump on this show with the last few episodes. Something better happen before the rehash episode: Some sort of reward for slogging through this shit.

manfestival

this episode was brutal in terms of animation. It was nice to set up everything for the next episode to have things go down but for the most part, i was kinda bored. The series has kinda fallen off the past few episodes for me. I am hoping that it will pick up again with the next one but I think a recap episode will just piss me off

Last week by chance I watched the first episode and I love this show. Giants have always terrified me. Not comically imaged giants like the recent Jack the Giant Killer movie. Giants that look as depicted in this show. I always stay away from giant infested lands.

As soon as "Big Red" thundered down and the shot of his eyes peering over the wall I was hooked and watched 10 episodes straight.

It annoys me that they screw up the English grammar for the title. It's not Attack on Titan. It's "The Attacking/Raging/Rushing/Incoming Titans". Something like that. Attack on Titan doesn't make sense.

Also I can't believe they're going through with a live action movie via a Japanese movie company. This deserves WETA quality, terrifying R-rated giants. It's gonna be horrible being all-Japanese with low budget CGI and bad acting. And they're rushing it for 2014.

I love Big Red. That guy is nightmare material. I wish this would get a massive budget, WETA level, R-rated adaptation. Or an HBO series. They'd have to seriously adjust the Spiderman machinery they use since the physics and entanglement probability wouldn't work with live action even in a kyojin world.

Quick questions because I can't find a clear answer. I haven't read the manga.

Is the manga still ongoing?

Is the anime 25 episodes covering the entire manga or will it stop suddenly and inconclusively? I cannot see how this entire story could be wrapped up in 25. I want to be prepared for disappointment.

Dram

The manga is still going. The anime will probably have an original ending, unless a season 2 has been green lit.

Velti

Neo Member
I get the distinct feeling I would enjoy this series more as a meaty novel.

Luckily for me I missed last week's ep, so I just watched two in a row, which made it feel like the story was progressing. HA!

Sigh.

watching episode 8 right now. does this show ever stop being 20 minutes of people rapidly flip-flopping between ecstatic energy and soul-crushing defeat punctuated by abrupt moments of absurd violence?

like...does anyone ever actually do anything that doesn't result in the horrific deaths of several people and/or contemplating suicide?

Hellix

What's wrong with the pacing? Should they be talking faster or cutting down on flashbacks? Are they adding filler dialogue not from the manga?

Epcott

The god awful anime ending is much preferable to what the manga ended up turning into. You think Titan has pacing problems the Gantz manga will drive you up the wall.

So true, but I'm still waiting for the next (and final) chapter/issue. There was some pretty cool moments in the series mixed in with the horribly dragged moments.

How many chapters is AOT up to?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The writing has been on the wall way before this week. Seems like now is the time to either jump ship or "deal with it" because I highly doubt the pacing or animation is going to get better. Heck, we already know a flashback episode is coming up in a few weeks.

I don't think I was quite as enamored with this show as a lot of people around here, so the fall isn't as bad for me personally. It only seems slightly less interesting than it did a couple weeks ago.

I thought Gantz did the feeling of dread and fear of death better. Yeah, even the filler stuff at the end of Season 2. Yep, I said it.

This episode(11) I thought was good. They are building up everything for the episodes to come which is fine. Not every episode needs gory violence.

Final chapter is out, though it hasn't been translated yet.

Wait, Gantz is actually done? Like truly? You're not fucking with me, right?

Hot damn. I can finally return to Gantz and finish reading it then. I was pretty far in too. I stopped reading around 2009/10.

Oh shit. I was just catching up on the series too and I had no idea it was near being over

Wow. I can totally revisit the me of like a decade ago. Blade of the Immortal and Gantz are both done. Berserk will never be done, though.

Veronica

Banned
No joke. 24 minutes of nothing, 1 minute of god-tier.

A lot of people are starting to get pissed, me included. The last three episodes have been nothing but filler. This whole episode was essentially babbling speeches and talking with nothing actually happening.

Remember how DBZ would have 20 episodes of nothing leading up to a big, one episode fight? This better not turn into that.

Dahbomb

Episode wasn't up to snuff with the first batch of episodes but it's no where near as bad as some people are making it out to be. People expect mind fuck and godly action in every episode so they get let down when they don't get that. Although we really should at least be treated to moving mouths when there is a dialogue scene.. I mean this is getting pretty ridiculous but if it means better action scenes later on I will bear through it.

Episode 12 and 13 better be the shit especially since 14 is going to be a recap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom