• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malajax

Wait...does crunchy roll only censor language, or violence too? I noticed that the potato scene on youtube has different captions. "Fuck" isn't in the crunch roll episodes.

I'd wager that Crunchyroll simply has more professional translators than fansubbing groups that like to brandish "fuck" because "Anime is for adults and is edgy!". Crunchyroll typically doesn't censor anything.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I'd wager that Crunchyroll simply has more professional translators than fansubbing groups that like to brandish "fuck" because "Anime is for adults and is edgy!". Crunchyroll typically doesn't censor anything.

Ah alright. Nah I wasn't worried about the language as much as the violence. I saw a picture from the manga of
Franz's bitten in half corpse. I was wondering if crunchy roll censored that, because when I watched the scene I thought she was just giving CPR to a dead body. The scene hits me a lot harder emotionally knowing she is delusional and that he is very clearly dead.
I went back just now to watch it over and it looks like I missed a frame where they were definitely insisting that.

LogicStep

Eh, I guess I can accept that
with her. However I don't like how the amount of danger the teams are in depends on the importance of whatever character is in the scene. Like when they are heading to the HQ, they kill at least three of the things almost effortlessly. Even though a couple scenes earlier, Eren's team could barely kill one without someone getting snatched up. It's not much of a problem to me, it's just that it messes with my perception of how dangerous titans actually are.

To me, the titans are dangerous as hell. Whenever that happens, it just means the characters are all crappy at fighting them, only the strong ones can kill them and survive. If none of the strong guys are present, bet your ass some people are gonna get eaten.

OceanBlue

A lot of Crunchyroll's translators were former fansubbers. Has that changed recently?

Jex

The anime pacing is bad man... so bad.

While I certainly agree that the pacing of the series hasn't been great for the last few episodes I'd argue that this episode is a bit of an improvement over last weeks outing. Perhaps I've just resigned myself expecting the quality of the show to dip because of the obvious production difficulties the show is encountering.

Doesn't Crunchyroll still use honorifics? Definitely wouldn't call that more professional.

Jesus Christ. I can't remember the last time I've seen a show that started off this energetic but then lost 100% of its forward momentum so abruptly. These last three episodes could have been done in, what, seven minutes each? If that?

I don't know if they're just stalling to try to make sure they don't catch up with the manga too soon or something, but good lord, they're just killing this show.

Malajax

A lot of Crunchyroll's translators were former fansubbers. Has that changed recently?

From what I understand, they have a variety of translation companies that they work with. Indeed, some did start as fansubbers.

Doesn't Crunchyroll still use honorifics? Definitely wouldn't call that more professional.

That's on the call of whatever company is producing subtitles for the show. From an interview with one of the translators, he stated he would rather not use honorifics, but there would be some shows where it's appropriate. Totally Japanese slice of life show? Appropriate. Futuristic anime set in Neo America? Not so much. But again, it's up to the company.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I can't believe how many people think this show is bad. It could also be a good thing, because if I like this show i'm sure I will love whatever you guys usually watch.

I don't usually watch anime.

Kinyou

Jesus Christ. I can't remember the last time I've seen a show that started off this energetic but then lost 100% of its forward momentum so abruptly. These last three episodes could have been done in, what, seven minutes each? If that?

I don't know if they're just stalling to try to make sure they don't catch up with the manga too soon or something, but good lord, they're just killing this show.
The last 3 episodes were really quite close to the Dragon Ball z pacing.
Maybe with less landscape pans.

Dram

Probably mentioned already, but what kinds of problems is the studio making this having? Are they not experienced enough, or did they not schedule things right? I'm just wondering whey were having these long drawn out episodes?

kirblar

Probably mentioned already, but what kinds of problems is the studio making this having? Are they not experienced enough, or did they not schedule things right? I'm just wondering whey were having these long drawn out episodes?
Vastly underestimated the time they needed for the action scenes.

faridmon

OK, I admit, I am a stubborn, simple man. I am starting to be convinced to watch this series after 121 people recommended to me.

Not a fair comparison, but lets see if its beat my Anime of the decade so far which is Chihayafuru

Rayven

aka surume
I thought you guys were exaggerating, but this last episode easily was the worst of the series so far (I didn't mind the Armin screams one).

It was the first time I felt like the creators were transparently stalling.

Hellix

The anime pacing is bad man... so bad.

I am glad I haven't read the manga, because I would probably feel the same way. That was what killed Naruto for me years ago when I was still interested in it.

Is the bond between Eren and Mikasa a brother/sister thing or romantic? I can't tell what direction they are taking this in.

It doesn't seem romantic to me. Mikasa seems to consider Eren as family.

Is the bond between Eren and Mikasa a brother/sister thing or romantic? I can't tell what direction they are taking this in.

I think her back story offered good reasons to believe her dependance on Eren isn't romantic. Losing Eren would be repeating her defining trauma of losing her family a third time over.

Dali

I am glad I haven't read the manga, because I would probably feel the same way. That was what killed Naruto for me years ago when I was still interested in it.

It doesn't seem romantic to me. Mikasa seems to consider Eren as family.

I haven't read the manga either and I think the pacing is terrible too. I just watched the newest episode today and that's just because I was bored. Huge difference from how I felt for the first 8.

Chrysalis

Had no problems with the pacing myself. Then again, I still watch Naruto...

Actually, I marathoned all 11 eps this evening because I couldn't help myself. Story isn't the deepest in the world, but the character motivations are well defined, the story hooks are well set, and dat action...

Really hope this gets the chance to follow the manga to its end. Hate anime-original endings.

LogicStep

Had no problems with the pacing myself. Then again, I still watch Naruto...

Actually, I marathoned all 11 eps this evening because I couldn't help myself. Story isn't the deepest in the world, but the character motivations are well defined, the story hooks are well set, and dat action...

Really hope this gets the chance to follow the manga to its end. Hate anime-original endings.
I stopped watching Naruto because of filler and not really caring. I would like to find a list of the episodes where the crazy shit happens and the good fights happen so I can just watch those.

I think the show is great and I hope it goes to the end too, original endings are ok, look at Full Metal Alchemist. I liked it, though I liked Brotherhood much more.

The OST from the latest episode was fantastic, despite the fact that it was just one long speech. Honestly, the pacing is getting really shit these last few episodes.

faridmon

Just marathoned until the latest episode. Lets just say I don't like, in fact It annoys me to no end. However, its one of those shows, I am intrigued to see its end. I have few theories up to my sleeve and want to see how things turns out.

jackal27

Banned
I really love this show, but I wish that the violence wasn't so toned down compared to the comic. Some of the fights in the manga are way more brutal and so are the deaths.

Someone with a lot of time on their hands made a model "working" 3DMG
Seriously lol, if they ever make a real working version there will be so much whiplash injuries XD
Watched episode 1, I liked it. Should I just read the manga or continue on with the show?

Continue with show, when you've reached the current episode and believe you can't wait for the next part manga, then you've gotta wait for the manga chapters which will take even longer lol, think it's monthly released XD

Nibel

jQaicPB.gif

Ready for tonight!

I can kill a few, but once they notice you they'll follow you anywhere so when you've killed 5+ you might have aggro'd 15 and it becomes really difficult. My tactic is to use Q/E to tag the back of the neck and then start slashing till I hit the right part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom