• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

They trying to replicate the struggle with these controls? I managed to get ONE titan, and that was the luckiest hit ever.

It takes a while to get used to the terrible swinging controls, but as long as you can time your special super attack it's not that hard. Well, it is still hard because the controls are bad but it's not quite as impossible as it appears.

daniels

Yeah I think i am done with this. It took around 12 episodes for this anime to go from good to shit :/ All thanks to the "typical" anime pacing that usually extinguishes any form of excitement or tensions.. after only 12 episodes :/ good fucking job bravo.
Well at least I still have HunterxHunter with almost impeccable pacing even after 80 episodes.

Rad-

Yeah they are really killing this awesome concept with horrible pacing. And ep 14 is a recap I think so that's even worse.

God dammit, episode 12 was like a fucking Dragon Ball Z filler episode. The previous episode had us all like OHH SHIT EREN'S GONNA KICK SOME TITAN ASS and then it doesn't happen in this episode, but next episode, OHH SHIT EREN'S GONNA KICK SOME TITAN ASS.

It's like when Krillin and Gohan take like 5 episodes to fly to a destination like going to see Kami or something.

NEO0MJ

Another slow episode, I was really hoping things would happen this time. They could have shaved at least one episode of the last four if they were better paced.
This scene made me laugh, gotta love bad animation.

9113495329_d9099b41b3_c.jpg

CorvoSol

Have you read ahead to the manga? I don't see how this is slow unless you've done so...

Probably because in 2 of the last 3 episodes Eren Jaeger has remained in EXACTLY the same spot for almost the entire episode. These past 3 episodes could have been one, because each episode is really like a single scene drawn out for 20 minutes.

Too much talking and not nearly enough beating the crap out of naked people. If it wasn't for Mikasa there'd've been none this week, either.

Nibel

Episode 12

Was still cool. "Meh slow paced, slow paced", yeah there wasn't much Eren stuff that happened, but still there was some shit going down with all the other characters and finally we saw some Titan-slashing again. Love my low anime standards, I can actually enjoy most stuff without filtering it through a sieve of animu-knowledge - can't stop me #BakaGajinLifestyle

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, agreeing with Nibel. I think episode 12 is just getting complaints because of association with 9, 10, and 11. 12's pacing was decent, stuff happened, characters were developed. No crazy battle shenanigans, but you can't have that every episode. We're just rather starved given what has come before.

JaKha

Neo Member
12 was better than the last few but the pacing is still so slow. Is there any word on the amount of eps going to be put out?

Have to agree with the complaints about the pacing. They just seem to be padding out most of the episodes with monologues and too much focus on the soldiers falling into despair. We get it, the situation is dire. You don't need to keep on pointing it out. Just get on with it and give the humans a reason to continue fighting.

Jex

The pacing for episode 12 wasn't terrible, but the whole last half of this arc has just been far too slow in general. They're really dragging it out.
Yes, a little more than a chapter this time actually.

Episode 12
The filler portion with Jean was silly but I guess it's better than more people yelling at each other? Next episode should be significantly better than the last 3, not that it's saying much.

I don't know how you remain so optimistic. The preview had nothing but scenes of people talking to each so from that I infer that nothing will happen once again.

Also, why is no-one complaining about the 2 minute recaps that now appear at the start of every episode? I know they were doing the recaps earlier on but they were only about 40 seconds long. It's just another way to avoid animating as much material as possible.

So in total you've got a two minute recap, one and a half minute OP and then a minute and a half ED. This brings the length of a single the episode down to a pitiful nineteen minutes.

Episode 12 gives us more information regarding the last episode, basically getting through the past again and giving us a view on how the other side of the plan was going. No GIFS for this episode, being that there's not much to create.

I think we have a new OP for the next episode, if it's like any other anime. In a 25-episode show, I think it's smart to start a new OP half-way, right?

Also, why is no-one complaining about the 2 minute recaps that now appear at the start of every episode? I know they were doing the recaps earlier on but they were only about 40 seconds long. It's just another way to avoid animating as much material as possible.

So in total you've got a two minute recap, one and a half minute OP and then a minute and a half ED. This brings the length of a single the episode down to a pitiful nineteen minutes.

19 minutes really isn't a big deal when some people in here are used to 10 minutes worth of content in a half hour show.

It kind of pisses me off that any of those crappy moe cute girl shows has better art and animation per second than this supposedly mega hyped best manga/anime of all time

It just speaks to the ability of the studio. I'm not the biggest anime fiend so I went to MAL to check what studio is making it and there's like fucking seven billion studio names attacked to it.

A friend told me that the manga is also insanely slow so either they are makign the most legit eadaptation ever or they are just inept. If they are inept then I want to know what/who is responsible for turning this anime from absolute greatness to this disappointing bile.

I just find it funny. Maybe folks need some "moe" in their lives.
Armin is pretty moe.

Man, if they are slowing down right now I fear what they'll do after the "recapture of Trost" arc ends.

We already know they'll recap it before episode 14. Just so you don't forget all the plot advancement that happened during episodes 8-11.
You didn't forget, did you?
Don't worry.
You'll never fucking forget.
They won't let you.

Dennis

Banned
Episode 12

Medium tier episode but entertained me well enough. Maybe a problem for people with short attention span, I don't know.

cj_iwakura

Episode 12 gives us more information regarding the last episode, basically getting through the past again and giving us a view on how the other side of the plan was going. No GIFS for this episode, being that there's not much to create.

I think we have a new OP for the next episode, if it's like any other anime. In a 25-episode show, I think it's smart to start a new OP half-way, right?

Not when the original OP is superior(see: Fate/Zero).

Platy

People... just noticed something !

Last few episodes (post 8) spoilers :

In Pacific Rim the mechas are called JAEGERS !
This is the EXACT same pronunciation as the Yeager last name of the main character ! =O
*mind blown*

Nibel

People... just noticed something !

Last few episodes (post 8) spoilers :

In Pacific Rim the mechas are called JAEGERS !
This is the EXACT same pronunciation as the Yeager last name of the main character ! =O
*mind blown*

Yaeger = Jaeger = Jäger = German word for hunter

I thought the boulder would move last episode.
I had no doubt that the boulder would move this episode.
I've seen landmasses move faster than that fucking boulder.

Well, at least something happened this episode other than people wallowing in self-pity and despair. That's a step forward. Eren punching his own face was pretty funny.

Keyouta

Episode 12

I liked it. However, I don't watch much anime anymore so I'm not sure how the pacing should be set. Looked like a good ending to start the next episode on.

Soma

This week's episode wasn't bad but nowhere near as good as it should be. The series really has no business being this slow as the source material is great. I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad if someone were to marathon the series instead of watching it as its airing but man, I had no idea they would stretch out the Trost Battle this long. At the very least it seems that the conclusion to this arc is happening in the next episode (i really hope so at least).

Getting worried how the studio is going to handle the
Recon Corps
arc in the next half. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom