• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3d10n

Managed to kill 7. At one point I was Mikasa-ing them like a boss one after the other, jumping from neck to neck. But then one titan crushed me while I was hanging on its weakspot. Boo!

Akito

Fear not, episode 14 will be insanely fast-paced.
I still have fun with the show but it really has become too easy to make fun of it :(

tumblr_mosvx63GJO1r6w4ifo1_400.gif

In terms of the actual plot it was a slow episode but it's not like people stood around talking for much this time. There was a bit of action, though none with top tier animation unfortunately.

Chrysalis

Yeah...pacing for 12 was a bit slow. Makes me wonder whether they're soaking up some space so that season 1 can end at a particular place in the manga. Still loving the crap out of this. I haven't been hooked to an anime like this in a while. Manga, yes. Anime, no.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, episode 12 is certainly better then the past two episodes but is getting down by conversations that boil down to we should do something and should we do something? There is no good reason why the Defense of Trost arc should be taking this long.

Go_Ly_Dow

Episode 12

An improvement, but still frustrating at how slow the events move forward.

I would welcome slow pacing if it was used to expand upon the lore and history of the world, or to touch upon other characters, but when it's used just to draw out the show it is irritating.

Hope episode 13 is the one we've all been waiting for....

Akito

Watched Episode 12. Better than last episode but very slow. Do they even cover a chapter per episode?
Yes, a little more than a chapter this time actually.

Episode 12
The filler portion with Jean was silly but I guess it's better than more people yelling at each other? Next episode should be significantly better than the last 3, not that it's saying much.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They're just gearing up for all the heart racing intense action that will occur in episode 13. So much, in fact that we'll pray for the flashback episode in 14 to calm our nerves.

Decado

Yea, episode 12 is certainly better then the past two episodes but is getting down by conversations that boil down to we should do something and should we do something? There is no good reason why the Defense of Trost arc should be taking this long.

It's anime. Not allowed to excel to the level of "great" any more :(

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know why this episode got so many complaints. I'm not usually particularly generous about time-wasting, but this episode seemed fine in comparison to the last two. Events moved at more or less the speed you'd expect them to, there were some lovely bits of animation, etc. There were no large-scale fights per se, so I guess it was "slow" in the sense that the episode focused on narrative rather than action, but it was relatively good action and the last 3-4 minutes of the episode were superb. Also glad to see Jean get fleshed out a little, as well as Armin taking some initiative rather than being as useless as he normally is. I quite enjoyed 12 - not quite the same calibre as the first 8 episodes, but definitely a massive step up from the shit that was 10 and 11.

Daingurse

Another slow one it seems? Meh, I can wait, letting these episodes pile up. Berserk the Golden Age Arc III, sated my anime thirst for now.

Episode 12 – Wound - The Battle for Trost (8)
BNaO2KICIAAKUoR.png

I thought it was a fantastic episode returning the series back on a path towards being good and exciting. The Mikasa slashing giants scenes was way too much though as it felt weak and just like it was there to pass time, but otherwise everything else was good. Kirstein squad needs way more screentime and he is quite underrated
even outrunning and surviving on foot and coming up with a plan while his life is on the line. Impressive.
. Connie too must be recognized.
Eren Armin moment as a kid was a good part and really good visuals for when he came to realization and the fire stuff flared up and what not. It did well in hyping me for next week.

For the sake of having to endure ep.14 with a recap, I seriously hope something worthwhile will happen next week. A question regarding Eren's scenes,
did he actually have any sort of hallucinations in the manga like what happened in this episode?
I felt it went on for a bit too long. =/

RangerBAD

For the sake of having to endure ep.14 with a recap, I seriously hope something worthwhile will happen next week. A question regarding Eren's scenes,
did he actually have any sort of hallucinations in the manga like what happened in this episode?
I felt it went on for a bit too long. =/

Yes to the spoiler.

Is the recap episode coming next week?

We don't fucking need a recap episode, they recap the damn show at the start of every episode!

What we need is shit to happen. It's funny because three? four? five? episodes are all happening within a span of a couple of hours. And shit is sloooow.

duckroll

We don't fucking need a recap episode, they recap the damn show at the start of every episode!

What we need is shit to happen. It's funny because three? four? five? episodes are all happening within a span of a couple of hours. And shit is sloooow.

Recap episode is the week after next. It's not "actually" episode 14 apparently, so ep14 will air on July 13 instead.

Branduil

Attack on Titan 12

Yeah, they've complete screwed up this arc with the terrible pacing. The material itself is serviceable but not when it's stretched out like this- I have no idea what possessed them to adapt at a one-to-one chapter-to-episode rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom