• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I add my comment again so some nice fella can help me and so it doesn't go unnoticed :)

So, if I want to watch a dark anime with super powers or awesome action, which one? I really like Attack on Titans style and gore.

Has to be JoJo. I'm not massively into most anime, but JoJo was just so damn good. Just manly testosterone and testosterone manly.

Dresden

I add my comment again so some nice fella can help me and so it doesn't go unnoticed :)

So, if I want to watch a dark anime with super powers or awesome action, which one? I really like Attack on Titans style and gore.

stuff i watched recent-ish that would fit this:

Trust and Betrayal
Fate/Zero

they're both much better than Titan, too.

fanboi

Banned
Has to be JoJo. I'm not massively into most anime, but JoJo was just so damn good. Just manly testosterone and testosterone manly.

stuff i watched recent-ish that would fit this:

Trust and Betrayal
Fate/Zero

they're both much better than Titan, too.

Fate/Zero looks cool, will check out.

Thanks!

I watched blue gender, while it wasn't bad, it was so fucking depressing and I wanted to jump off a bridge or something.

Before Attack on Titan, I think the last anime I got into was FMA: Brotherhood. I just like relatively well-written, serious stuff. (Hence why HunterxHunter turned me off- it looks like some unholy spawn of Pokemon and JoJo's.)

This is so wrong it hurts, Hunter x Hunter gets darker than FMA Brotherhood and is just as well written.

AoT is inferior to both of them.

While we're on the subject, Hunter x Hunter (2011) is a pretty good choice. Just know that it's not really dark for the first 15ish episodes or so, but then dives off a cliff into dark and depressing territory. Also, DO NOT let the cheery OP fool you. It is a trap.

A three minute recap of the last episode? Wow.

Finally some plot advancement. That was unexpected. Was prepared to have the episode end with Eren placing down the boulder and the next episode to be about trying to get him out of that body.

Levi seems like he'll be a cool addition to the cast. This episode was miles above the previous four-five but still had some really wonky animation. In the scene where that one guy (Jean?) was escaping with his new gear it cut to a face of a titan to the face of the blonde girl to a smoking building. What the fuck was that about? It literally seemed unfinished.

Kagami

Oh dear, Attack on Titan is so terrible people will rather talk about other shows instead! Lololol.

Haha.
I can't call it terrible but it's riding entirely on the strength of the plot events themselves.
Feels like a waste of time to watch the visuals; it'd be more enjoyable in novel-form.

Jex

The production issues in this show ruin it for me. Cutting away from the action only to show smoke rising from a building only to have it cut back to the characters saying I cant believe we made it! What a total crock of shit. What a shit show. It started off so promising.

The animation was fucking shit this episode. what a let down after all that buildup.

I don't think it's quite as simple as that, actually. Like nearly every episode in this series, including the earlier ones, it had a large number of scenes with average or below average animation, a couple of truly excellent scenes and a handful of stills in the place of action. Which has literally been the case since episode one.

Of course, this episode did have a three minute recap which is kind of ridiculous.

Necrovex

I don't think it's quite as simple as that, actually. Like nearly every episode in this series, including the earlier ones, it had a large number of scenes with average or below average animation, a couple of truly excellent scenes and a handful of stills in the place of action. Which has literally been the case since episode one.

Of course, this episode did have a three minute recap which is kind of ridiculous.

Still better than when the director did a 10 minute recap in High School of the Dead on the fourth episode.

kirblar

Fate/Zero looks cool, will check out.

Thanks!

I watched blue gender, while it wasn't bad, it was so fucking depressing and I wanted to jump off a bridge or something.
I started Fate/Zero after benching that Verdania show after Ep2 (yeah, not what it appeared to be in ep1, lol.) Seemed interesting, although a massive sausage-fest.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Probably why they place so much stock into the elites. All the regulars are too scared to even attack.

I don't even know why some of them have swords. All they do with it is swing at shit that is not labeled as instakillmassiveweakspothitthisareatosaveearth but instead they go for flying knees to the cheekbone.

3+ minute recap, Jesus Christ. Stalling For Time On Titan.

There were a couple oddly terrible music queues this episode, making for the first time I've had a problem with unbearable cheese in this series, but at least we're back to things actually happening once in a frigging while. The last few episodes had no reason to be any more than one, but it seems like we're finally headed somewhere.

Edit: Oh my god, you're kidding me. Next week preview, hallucinations of the past, titled "Since That Day." Please tell me this is just poorly worded and that they're not actually doing a recap episode right when the story finally gets unstuck after weeks of spinning its wheels.

Moaradin

Edit: Oh my god, you're kidding me. Next week preview, hallucinations of the past, titled "Since That Day." Please tell me this is just poorly worded and that they're not actually doing a recap episode right when the story finally gets unstuck after weeks of spinning its wheels.

You bet they are.

You bet they are.

a0xZIwF.png

Lebron

She and Levi seem to be the only characters with any talent.

Probably why they place so much stock into the elites. All the regulars are too scared to even attack.

I don't even know why some of them have swords. All they do with it is swing at shit that is not labeled as instakillmassiveweakspothitthisareatosaveearth but instead they go for flying knees to the cheekbone.

Yeah, my mind boggles. Why bother even having them in the first place. We got top of the class, yet we stay losing. It's some "let's do our best to last until Goku arrives" simping shit.

The episode itself was okay, a lot better than the last few ones for sure.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Oh

And that "Vomit" was some disturbing shit.
Took me back to Blue Gender

Go_Ly_Dow

Yeah, my mind boggles. Why bother even having them in the first place. We got top of the class, yet we stay losing. It's some "let's do our best to last until Goku arrives" simping shit.

The episode itself was okay, a lot better than the last few ones for sure.

Hmm I don't find that part so strange. I think the author and the anime both convey well how powerful the Titans are and the fear and despair they bring to humanity. The show does a good job in this area.

Lebron

Hmm I don't find that part so strange. I think the author and the anime both convey well how powerful the Titans are and the fear and despair they bring to humanity. The show does a good job in this area.
True, but I would think after all that training they still wouldn't be acting like normal folk. I just want to see someone actually step up outside of the usual suspects, but it could just be with the shows pacing. I've only skimmed through the manga, so that could change in later eps.

AmanoBuff

My Skinless Killer Giant Can't Be This Cute.

Lol.

Btw, what is the name of the song playing while titan Eren carries the boulder? The one with vocals.

Enjoying the series so far. But sad about the pacing problems and the sub par animation in some sequences. Makes me wish a more capable studio handled it.

Crocodile

Why would they bother spending the money? People will buy it regardless, there really isn't any incentive for the studio. If they cared about the integrity of the product they were producing so much or concerned about the reputation it would give them, they wouldn't have released it like that to begin with. Basically "It is what it is."

I have no idea if it will happen with this series but studios going back and reanimating stuff or retouching errors is VERY common between the TV broadcast and DVD/Blu-Ray release of a show. Again, I don't know if this will happen here because I 'm not privy to all the circumstances of this studio but it is a pretty common practice.

A three minute recap of the last episode? Wow.

Finally some plot advancement. That was unexpected. Was prepared to have the episode end with Eren placing down the boulder and the next episode to be about trying to get him out of that body.

Levi seems like he'll be a cool addition to the cast. This episode was miles above the previous four-five but still had some really wonky animation. In the scene where that one guy (Jean?) was escaping with his new gear it cut to a face of a titan to the face of the blonde girl to a smoking building. What the fuck was that about? It literally seemed unfinished.

I dont get this either. What the hell happened in this section? It made it seem like the blonde girl was going to die by zooming on her face, and then nothing happened. wut

Necrovex

This was a far better episode compared to the prior ones. And I hope you chaps are ready for that recap episode. You all best pray that Attack on Titan doesn't pull a Wolf Rain.

13 as a great ep. I hope it will silence the "slow-pacing" crybabies for a whille
I'm after blitzing this series and I'm afraid I'll probably have to add myself to this group. There's an awful lot of internal monlgues in this show and it drives me up the damn wall. I know they're strapped for cash badly when it comes to these animes but it's a visual medium. Surely there's a better way to show a character develop than having them standing around thinking to themselves? I don't really watch anime so maybe this is a typical thing for shows, but it grinds things to a halt when characters just converse with themselves and interact with nobody else for minutes at a time so regularly.

I'll stick with the show up to mega-Eren and that armor titan having an inevitable boss showdown, but I hope things pick up/their budget gets better.

Velti

Neo Member
And then ALL THE BUDGET AND MOMENTUM.

Oh, this series. I've never seen something like this before, in terms of the chunky mix of extreme quality and awesome with complete shit and actual incomplete animation. I mean, holy cow, man... I don't understand how this is even able to fly.

I actually thought this had some of the best animation in the last few episodes, with the exception of the uh... quality... storyboard? I mean...

WOW.

Dali

Watched 13 earlier today. Seeing as how 14 is supposed to be a recap it's only right they finally moved forward. It's funny to me the recap at the beginning was a better episode 12 than the actual episode 12 though.

Watched 13 earlier today. Seeing as how 14 is supposed to be a recap it's only right they finally moved forward. It's funny to me the recap at the beginning was a better episode 12 than the actual episode 12 though.

It's actually 13.5. 14 will be an actual episode. It will just air in 2 weeks. That means there won't be any recaps messing with the 25 episode count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom