• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSLAEV

Wow I've never seen a show where it looks like they just forgot to put in entire scenes-thank god it only happened twice, and thank god the show is actually starting to move again.

13 as a great ep. I hope it will silence the "slow-pacing" crybabies for a whille

And what will it take to silence the fanboy who can't stand it when people on the internet criticize a show that they are emotionally invested in? What makes you think that anime threads, or any thread about any media should be some kind of safe haven-hugbox for the fan who is determined to be positive no matter what? You aren't entitled to that. You are entitled to a discussion that stays on topic and civil, but you aren't entitled to a thread where posters only say what you *want* to hear.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Dat quality assurance.
8gqpgdf.jpg

yeGTB8u.jpg

Holy shit this is the guy behind Death Note?! How the hell did I miss this?! O_O

I'm definitely checking this out. It's been ages since I've watched a good anime!

The guy has directed a bunch of stuff since Death Note. A lot of people actually consider him a pretty poor fit for this series.

Interesting...I’ve heard absolutely nothing about this anime untill now, but I’m researching it and loving what I’m reading/seeing!

EDIT: OMG I just watched a YouTube clip. Dat animation! What a surprise this has been finding this thread....I’m really excited!

Interesting....I’ve heard absolutely nothing about this anime till now, but I’m researching it and loving what I’m reading/seeing!

I'm not even really into anime, but this is one that I keep up with. The last one I was interested in was Kuroko no Basket. My friend did show me Sword Art Online when it first debuted, but I wasn't interested enough to watch past the first episode. I like Attack on Titan despite the degrading quality. I'm a little uneasy after hearing people who have read the manga say that the plot doesn't get much better, though. Watch from the beginning and don't stay in this thread and spoil yourself!

As far as those purple bricks go, I didn't know what sort of work was put into animation; I thought that was intentional to serve as some sort of accent or something weird like that. It's crazy how it was basically unfinished. Here's another I think I've found.

mLHlkBbl.jpg

Kiryu

It's actually 13.5. 14 will be an actual episode. It will just air in 2 weeks. That means there won't be any recaps messing with the 25 episode count.
Maybe I misunderstand this but 14 episode will be aired two weeks "after 13.5 episode" or two weeks like it's normal schedule to air?

You know Sword Art Online had first arc (SAO) then second arc (ALO) in one season but they had one week of break after first arc was over.

Parakeetman

Seriously with all the huge errors someone most def is getting fired or never being used again as a third party studio. Whats more incredible is those errors even making it in just shows how last minute they patched together the episode and had to push it out the door as is.

There was also this and this lol

*looks like someone else beat me to the punch with the magical pixie dust jump while was messing with the video haha

I'm not even really into anime, but this is one that I keep up with. The last one I was interested in was Kuroko no Basket. My friend did show me Sword Art Online when it first debuted, but I wasn't interested enough to watch past the first episode. I like Attack on Titan despite the degrading quality. I'm a little uneasy after hearing people who have read the manga say that the plot doesn't get much better, though. Watch from the beginning and don't stay in this thread and spoil yourself!

As far as those purple bricks go, I didn't know what sort of work was put into animation; I thought that was intentional to serve as some sort of accent or something weird like that. It's crazy how it was basically unfinished. Here's another I think I've found.

mLHlkBbl.jpg

Yeah its unfinished, all that crap was supposed to be recolored, but apparently they just did not have time to do so.

Parakeetman

I noticed this one but didn't really know what to make of it. Why would they make the effects weird colors to start with and then re-color them?

I do believe stuff like that is done in teams and somewhere along the chain they just were not able to finish the final coloring to make it in time for airing the ep. Which is why the starting part with Jean was such a mess too making his whole escape look like a slideshow.

Similar to game development to make it easier to understand. Think of it sorta like an assembly line.

Parakeetman

People are using Raw footage from Zero-Raws, but it's on Crunchyroll too, I just checked.

88d7a93fc2c385a91d82.png

Basically its the initial broadcast footage. Which "might" change for other regions. But with it being this bad not even sure if they would have anything ready at this point for the other broadcasts too.

An example of different regions in Japan having different quality in the eps was posted a page or more back by someone else with comparison videos. But it wasnt on the quality of bad as Ep 13 here.
*Found the 2 links.
http://nicoviewer.net/sm20807007
http://nicoviewer.net/sm20766154

This by far is the worst Ive seen. It even beats the tengen toppa gurren lagann infamous episode 4.

Basically its the initial broadcast footage. Which "might" change for other regions. But with it being this bad not even sure if they would have anything ready at this point for the other broadcasts too.

An example of different regions in Japan having different quality in the eps was posted a page or more back by someone else with comparison videos. But it wasnt on the quality of bad as Ep 13 here.
*Found the 2 links.

This by far is the worst Ive seen. It even beats the tengen toppa gurren lagann infamous episode 4.

A large majority of anime episodes beat TTGL Ep 4 in that sense. Especially considering it was completely intentional and a stylistic choice by the director of that particular episode. The animation itself wasn't bad at all.

Parakeetman

A large majority of anime episodes beat TTGL Ep 4 in that sense. Especially considering it was completely intentional and a stylistic choice by the director of that particular episode. The animation itself wasn't bad at all.

It was a garbage episode that looked like shit, which yeah do know that was their choice to make it like that but basically shamed the whole series.

In regards to stuff being literally unfinished this ep 13 takes the cake. Ive seen bad animation, half assed animation but never actual unfinished animation make it in like this.

It was a garbage episode that looked like shit, which yeah do know that was their choice to make it like that but basically shamed the whole series.

In regards to stuff being literally unfinished this ep 13 takes the cake. Ive seen bad animation, half assed animation but never actual unfinished animation make it in like this.

It didn't 'look like shit' because of the animation though. It was mainly because of the art style. It's like when people say that Naruto Shippuuden Ep 167 had bad animation.

It may have been a strange looking episode, but there are much better examples then that episode that you could use. Most Jojo episodes for example.

Mendrox

*Found the 2 links.

The Gurren Lagann episode was finished and only had this style because the episode director choose to do the episode like this. This here is another level, because the episode is not finished at all, nothing stylistic...

Parakeetman

The Gurren Lagann episode was finished and only had this style because the episode director choose to do the episode like this. This here is another level, because the episode is not finished at all, nothing stylistic...

As mentioned before already knew it was a "style" decision, still does not change the fact that the episode looked like utter shit. And was poorly animated, which initially gave folks the total wrong impression. The whole PR mess after didnt help the situation either.

duckroll

As mentioned before already knew it was a "style" decision, still does not change the fact that the episode looked like utter shit. And was poorly animated, which initially gave folks the total wrong impression. The whole PR mess after didnt help the situation either.

But it wasn't poorly animated at all.

Mendrox

Well, I guess he counts towards the same people who says that Shippuuden 167 was poorly animated, lol. J/K. But e.g. I can't take people seriously which said that Shippuuden 167 was bad... it was one of the best episodes and pur eye candy. Gurren Lagann had the PR fate and the director paid for that (for whatever... I still think to this day that the episode was funny with that style)

There was a Bakenonogatari episode that was unfinished too. That one was significantly worse than AoT. Entire scenes missing animation, showing still screens or place cards.

I don't understand why they can't finish animating a series before airing it? Is it normal in the industry to be making it in the days before it releases? At least have like.. a handful of episodes ready to go so there is breathing room if production slows down a bit.

I don't understand why they can't finish animating a series before airing it? Is it normal in the industry to be making it in the days before it releases? At least have like.. a handful of episodes ready to go so there is breathing room if production slows down a bit.

I'm struggling to comprehend how even right now they're slaving away trying to make the next episode.

RoyalFool

Banned
I'm struggling to comprehend how even right now they're slaving away trying to make the next episode.

Where was the Manga back when they started pre-production, was it far enough along to allow them to have made all the episodes prior to release?

I just finished watching the first episode, and yeah......that was pretty damn fantastic.

Wow at when
the mother died
, surprisingly emotional. Also the music was excellent!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the bricks thing was stylistic - quasi-Jojo random highlights.

Tenck

Didn't really know this show was relatively knew. Been trying to buy the manga and to my surprise, there's not much to buy right now ;_;

Everyone was right the full version of the theme song sucks hardcore, it doesn't even sound like the same song for most of it. Sounds like they two different songs and spliced it after the first 75ish seconds of the tv show opening :/

Everyone was right the full version of the theme song sucks hardcore, it doesn't even sound like the same song for most of it. Sounds like they two different songs and spliced it after the first 75ish seconds of the tv show opening :/

Is the not crappy cam version of it out?

Cwarrior

Time for me to catch up on Attack of the titan and witness it go downhill just like the manga once more yay!

EP2-3

Ahhh the good times when I loved Advance of the titans so much, so far it's a better adaptions then I was expecting, what I was expecting was the worse case scenario(am talking magi adaptation bad) like turning this into guilty crown levels of suck.

ep3 has some weird still image moments and why are the girls wearing lipstick?????

+the thick black line art styles and shades is really nice
+the over the top death note sillyness direction is a good fit
+the ed's great

-the voice acting really unpleasant,annoying and bad
-why are some of the girls wearing lipstick and why does mikasa look different in ep3 then her manga counterpart

I just re-watched it now to refresh my memory, I can confirm it was very poorly drawn, animated and it lacked a lot of in-between animation so the animation was very choppy.

Having a different art style is fine but that doesn't excuse it's choppiness and lack of consistence with it's poor quality art.

Naruto shippuden 167 is a completely different case it has excellent over the top animation the reason why it's hated by a lot of fans so much, is cause the episode goes against Pein's very character(the calm composed in control god like villain) which they portrayed as an angry rageing out of controller roadrunner and they also broke his powers a few times having him do stuff not in his pull-push gravity power description.

Shippuden 167 is what happens when animators are giving to much freedom, they go and make a mockery out of the source material, personally I didn't care since am not a fan of the Pain arc anyways, I founded it a good laugh :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom