• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now THAT was a damn good episode.

EDIT: and god dammit of course they have to follow that up with a filler recap episode. Dumbest thing these Anime shows do.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Before Attack on Titan, I think the last anime I got into was FMA: Brotherhood. I just like relatively well-written, serious stuff. (Hence why HunterxHunter turned me off- it looks like some unholy spawn of Pokemon and JoJo's.)
It seems we have very similar tastes. I recently got into Sports anime. Kuroko no Basket, Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger are both pretty good. Planetes is a solid life in outer space show; Mushishi is one of my favorites as well.

That's a good starter pack if you haven't seen any of them.

Edit: This episode was damn good. I do hate how this show is so freaking short, especially during the high paced episodes. At least it wasn't as cliffhanger-ish as previous episodes. Those make me sad.

Soriku

OK finally watched this ep. Very good. The recap in the beginning was longer than usual but they covered a pretty good amount I thought. OST was solid this ep too.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
As much as I like this episode, the clear as day drops in animation were just... wow

I honestly think they dropped at least 3 important moments in this episode because of it.
Marco, whatever Annie saw, and something during Jean's getaway

Branduil

You're so bitter. I haven't even said "I told you so" yet. :p

Bitter? I would have never learned the ways of ducktrolling without your mentoring. Now we need to decide what the next show we'll destroy is. Perhaps with our combined strength, we can even destroy anime itself.

duckroll

Bitter? I would have never learned the ways of ducktrolling without your mentoring. Now we need to decide what the next show we'll destroy is. Perhaps with our combined strength, we can even destroy anime itself.

What happened to the Branduil who just liked talking about Hyouka? :(

Wiiiiiiiiiit I don't know if you know this but cutting together a bunch of still frames/dropping the framerate does not do a good job of hiding scenes you didn't animate. It just makes it worse.

WIT stop it pls. ;_;

Episode 13 was FIRE! Made it up for all the shit previous ones

The moment Eren lifted the boulder and how they were protecting him. Who was Annie apologizing too?! I AM CURIOUS! Cause she's one heartless girl or atleast thats what they showed us in the beginning. The character who owned this episode definitely got to be LEVI! That badass intro was WICKED! And at last, I am hyped to see Eren and the Recon Corps leave the wall and go to Eren's house basement to see whats his father been keeping there @@

Great ep overal, despite the 'this-is-so-obvious-I-can't-believe-this-is-happening' incomplete animation.

I really do feel sorry for them. Is it just not economical to do it any other way? Why not have a two week schedule instead?

Episode 13 was FIRE! Made it up for all the shit previous ones

The moment Eren lifted the boulder and how they were protecting him. Who was Annie apologizing too?! I AM CURIOUS! Cause she's one heartless girl or atleast thats what they showed us in the beginning. The character who owned this episode definitely got to be LEVI! That badass intro was WICKED! And at last, I am hyped to see Eren and the Recon Corps leave the wall and go to Eren's house basement to see whats his father been keeping there @@

This episode was pretty great, but the flaws in animation are glaringly obvious. It's really the only anime I've become interested in enough to watch weekly, though. As for your question,
it was supposedly Mina. She died in Episode 5 with the rest of Eren's squad, if I remember correctly.

This episode was pretty great, but the flaws in animation are glaringly obvious. It's really the only anime I've become interested in enough to watch weekly, though. As for your question,
it was supposedly Mina. She died in Episode 5 with the rest of Eren's squad, if I remember correctly.

Makes sense to me!

Varodor

Banned
if they do not plan to solve the problems with the animation after recap episode, I see no reason to continue with the weekly release, it will be just a suicide. I hope they do not ruin the next recon squad arc ((

kiyomi

Best episode for a while yet. I haven't let the production issues affect my enjoyment of the show too much, but the pacing itself has been off recently. It was good to finally see some real action and some movement forward into what looks like a new arc for Eren. Seeing
Levi return was pretty cool, too, and he made a nice entrance

Kinda sucks to see Marco come and then just go like that. I would've liked it a whole lot better if he had been kept around and become a more realised character before having him die. Seeing Jean's reaction at the end seemed wholly disproportionate to what we, the viewer, had actually witnessed. We didn't get to see him die, and while Jean didn't either, it felt like an odd exclusion to not at least dedicate more time spent characterising him, given the time spent at the end to reinforce his short-lived existence.

Still, good episode. I hope they spend more time on the show itself rather than a flashy new OP, the current one is good. Not looking forward to next week. :lol

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh man the production quality, or lack thereof I should say is hilarious in Ep 13.

So much cutting corners and just not finished work. Did they even watch this shit before airing it?

Well it was pretty good compared to the last two eps. but its really annoying when the sound you are hearing is different from what you are seeing especially in Jean and Annie's case. <_<

Soriku

Oh man the production quality, or lack thereof I should say is hilarious in Ep 13.

So much cutting corners and just not finished work. Did they even watch this shit before airing it?

I thought the ep was good overall but the scene where Jean jumps and it looks like a titan was going to eat him, the screen goes green, and then you just see Annie's face and they all just land made me go WTF? The hell even happened there? It's like they just cut a scene out lol.

duckroll

I thought the ep was good overall but the scene where Jean jumps and it looks like a titan was going to eat him, the screen goes green, and then you just see Annie's face and they all just land made be go WTF? The hell even happened there? It's like they just cut a scene out lol.

Incomplete animation. There are 2-3 scenes in the episode where it's obvious that they didn't finish those animation cuts in time, so they padded the visuals with stills or slowing down the scene before that instead. The same thing happened with some previous episodes in certain regions of Japan when they couldn't finish the stuff before the stations' submission deadlines.

Edit: Check this post for more info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57069856&postcount=1754

duckroll

That's...unfortunate. I didn't really notice before but it was really noticeable this time.

Previously it never happened on the normal broadcast or streaming outlets, it only affected TV channels in regions further from Tokyo and Osaka, which had earlier deadlines for programming submission.

Incomplete animation. There are 2-3 scenes in the episode where it's obvious that they didn't finish those animation cuts in time, so they padded the visuals with stills or slowing down the scene before that instead. The same thing happened with some previous episodes in certain regions of Japan when they couldn't finish the stuff before the stations' submission deadlines.

Edit: Check this post for more info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57069856&postcount=1754

This is terrible. I really do feel sorry for those poor animators.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Previously it never happened on the normal broadcast or streaming outlets, it only affected TV channels in regions further from Tokyo and Osaka, which had earlier deadlines for programming submission.

Btw duckroll would it be considered spoilers if I posted a picture of
purple bricks lol

Go_Ly_Dow

Decent episode. Back on track for now.... (well all know how inconsistent anime can be week by week).

So many of the Titans were wide open for the kill yet the characters chickened out :(

Also, expecting the new OP to be still image fest!

demented

Good episode but after I watched it I couldn't wait any longer and read whole manga, well now I'm waiting for next chapter lol.
And all I can say is
nothing because I don't wanna spoil anything
. Unsure if I should keep watching now, hm

Hachimaki

Yay for recap episodes. How many more epispdes are planned to be released?

Also, off topic bit when does the anime summer season start?

Moaradin

Just saw episode 13. Good episode but some of the animation was fucking weird. Lots of random cuts and I could have sworn I saw two characters talking with no animation.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Hopefully this gets corrected for the DVD.

Why would they bother spending the money? People will buy it regardless, there really isn't any incentive for the studio. If they cared about the integrity of the product they were producing so much or concerned about the reputation it would give them, they wouldn't have released it like that to begin with. Basically "It is what it is."

Narag

I wonder when we'll start getting recap episodes. :p

Prophet.

fanboi

Banned
So, if I want to watch a dark anime with super powers or awesome action, which one? I really like Attack on Titans style and gore.

Asuma01

Neo Member
The production issues in this show ruin it for me. Cutting away from the action only to show smoke rising from a building only to have it cut back to the characters saying I cant believe we made it! What a total crock of shit. What a shit show. It started off so promising.

The animation was fucking shit this episode. what a let down after all that buildup.

fanboi

Banned
I add my comment again so some nice fella can help me and so it doesn't go unnoticed :)

So, if I want to watch a dark anime with super powers or awesome action, which one? I really like Attack on Titans style and gore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom