• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they have to complete a mission with him outside the wall for the Scout/Survey corps to officially be given control over him as per that military tribunal episode.

Oh really? I guess I missed that. Makes sense.

How do they not see the connections, here?

Eren turns into a Titan, when he gets out he emerges from the nap of the TItan's neck. The Titans only weakness is that exact same spot.

It's a puzzle for the 2 to 6 months old, there's only 2 pieces!

Yeah......I know Hanji tried to rip of a titan's head and accidentally nipped the neck and killed it, but why not focus more on the neck if they know Eren emerged from it?

So this is only gonna be 25 episodes long?

Feels weird that they only have 10 to wrap things up.

I highly doubt they’ll be wrapping all of this up by episode 25...

With it being so popular now no way will they not do season 2.

kirblar

They'll likely just be doing this as a "special" series each time there's enough content for a new batch of episodes. This does not strike me as a show where "filler" will be workable.

Platy

WJd0htZ.png

TnmaIki.png

fVo62Ds.png

JulianImp

Oh god, Levi's constant "kill me" facial expression gets me every time.

Talking about non-human titans, it could be that they're like pilot-less titans, so they do nothing except try to get humans into them, even though they keep using the wrong hole to do so.

Loona

Yay, Hanji episode!
(I hadn't watched episodes in ages, given the impressions posted here)

She still felt a bit off from my impression from the manga, what with the acting scared and surprised when the captive titan tried to bit her, and with the dramatic scary look when she was about to start her lecturing, but the enthusiasm for research is still there, at least.

Now that I saw the new ED I feel a bit sorry for Sasha, the "potato girl" thing made it even there as if there was nothing else going for the character... it takes a while for her to get more screentime, but that meme seems to be going a wee bit too far IMO...

tenchir

While I doubt a human is in the neck of regular titans, something most definitely is.

I could understand teenagers and adult being in the nape of the 12-15 meter titans neck, but how do you explain the much shorter titans such as the 4 meters one? You have to be the size of a chil..... oh no.......

NEO0MJ

I could understand teenagers and adult being in the nape of the 12-15 meter titans neck, but how do you explain the much shorter titans such as the 4 meters one? You have to be the size of a chil..... oh no.......

That would explain their child-like demeanor. Kids are cruel after all..

Articalys

Sales results for the first volume's first week are in: it sold 37,339 copies on Blu-ray and 19,454 on DVD, for a grand total of 56,793. Not quite as astronomically high as some of the predictions for it were, but still damn good.

Velti

Neo Member
Just watched the latest ep.

OH MY GOSH I LOVED IT HANJI IS MY SOUL SISTERRRRR-

Character development, intrigue, biology, themessss~

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!!!

All this progression... I just don't know what to do with myself.

EDIT:

But seriously passionate scientific info-dump is my thing. At work, it was pertaining to animals, and the reaction was similar.

... *begins rocking back and forth in a fetal position in a corner*

Y'know, Hanji said they were "light." Does that mean their components are extradimensional in nature, or just constructed out of extra-light/strong materials?

Considering their natures, I wouldn't be surprised if the titans were created by someone/some group of people to eradicate and replace humanity. See- Their otherwise docile natures and peaceful coexistence with the rest of nature.

Nibel

The new OP sounds better than expected; not as epic as the first one, but it has its own touch

That being said, I really enjoyed EPs 14+15 - slower paced, yes; but the trial was really eye-opening when it comes to the people who live near the center of the walls and Levi's attitude. That scene
of him beating Eren up was brutal

Also, the whole experimenting with Titans was super interesting since they
don't seem to be made of flesh and blood like one would normally expect.

Also: ok nerds you win, Hanji is gud. If you've read previous posts from me in this thread, then you may have noticed how I disliked her; that being said, there seems to be way more about her than I initially thought.

Todays episode should be pretty good. While we wait for Attack on Eoten, might I suggest you watch The Troll Hunter? it's like Attack on Titan, sorta.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Todays episode should be pretty good. While we wait for Attack on Eoten, might I suggest you watch The Troll Hunter? it's like Attack on Titan, sorta.

Or you can be like me and have to go to work on a Saturday. :(

Jackpot

Banned
Watched the first episode. Does this get better? Really interesting premise but totally ruined by horrible, bratty, overbearing protagonist. And there's only so much "ACTING!" I can take.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Watched the first episode. Does this get better? Really interesting premise but totally ruined by horrible, bratty, overbearing protagonist. And there's only so much "ACTING!" I can take.

Eren being a dumbass is not covered up. Its kind of what I like about it. He's headstrong, irrational, impatient, etc - but its not like its without consequence across the board. So many other shows allow characters to do that sort of thing without repercussion or even notice.

Go_Ly_Dow

honestly surprised at the quality of this episode. it was greatly directed with decent animation.

next week will be insane.

things are looking up!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
This new arc has been very good so far. Can't wait to see what happens next week.

Liked the scene where everyone got their Survey Corps cloaks.

daveo42

Banned
I like the episode and loved how they handled the entire
recruitment scene, including the thoughts of those who were struggling with the decision to stay or leave.

I hope that next week through the end of the season will be excellent, especially based on what's coming down the pipe.

Are they going on break after this season due to the release schedule of the manga? I actually hope so, since the worst thing about any anime is the filler arcs that never live up to the quality of the original work.

Soma

Good episode this week and (preview spoiler) next week is the start of the new arc that I've been waiting for so I'm hyped for it. However as excited as I am, I'm still a bit apprehensive due to how the studio fumbled the pacing for a noticeable portion of The Battle of Trost. These past few episodes have shown that this adaption can return to the quality of the first several episodes but I just hope they don't run out of steam so soon like last time. It's wishful thinking but I'm hoping they noticed the flaws of those episodes and corrects them for this arc.

Maybe going into it with lowered expectations will help out but I guess we'll see and find out. Don't let me down on this one, Wit Studio. :/

Soma

Jesus Christ that's an awful spoiler for them to do.

It would have so much impact if you just saw out of nowhere, never expecting it was coming.

I doubt a lot of people would've been that surprised considering it keeps popping up in the new OP as it is.

(I would've preferred them to just completely not drop any hints about it altogether but alas :/ )

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 16: Really strong epsiode, really strong mini arc, honestly, I wish I had the faith in Studio Wit to keep up this level of quality, but it looks like we are returning to action soon and I still remember how shitty Trost turned out to be. Anyway, it was nice to see this not be the Eren, Armin and Mikasa show for once. Still, expectations were defied as not all of the core group makes the expected choice, that is a might suspicious.

This is kind of badass. I appreciate how the despair os portrayed and liberally doled out. It makes the protagonists' triumphs all the more substantial.

I'm starting after the OP change. That part where
Armin watches Eren be eaten right in front of him was some surprising shit. Armin's scream was gut-wrenching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom