• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

Just want to say while i'm catching up on the anime after being behind like 15 episodes i absolutely loathe the opening now. After being in Tokyo for 8 days i experienced this song more times than I'd like to recount.

I did see a really cool Ferrari though in Akihabara with Titan decals over it and a really beautiful girl dressed as Mikasa in a bookstore, so not all bad.

Wow, I didn't know it was that popular.

m0OQtCl.jpg

Was there an armored titan by chance

kirblar

Yeah the anime has really blew up over there which isn't surprising given the popularity of the manga. Stores like animate and Sofmap had some really awesome displays i wish i got photos of.
Given the pace at which we've apparently gone through the Manga, I wonder how long it'll be before we get Season 2.

I was bored, so I decided to round up all the reactions on YouTube to the infamous episode 5 moment. Enjoy:

Reaction 1
Reaction 2
Reaction 3
Reaction 4
Reaction 5

Reaction 1 and 2 are my favourites.....it reminds me of Game of Thrones the Red Wedding episode reactions.
I began doing this for every episode after episode five. I really enjoy it for some odd reason.

Anyway, I skipped out on watching the previews. I can't wait until the next one. Despite the lack of action, I felt that this episode was really good. I like Jean's development.

ISOM

You know I like the anime, but I like the atmosphere and mood of the manga more which they don't replicate as closely in the anime.

solid mike

The past two episodes have tried to develop the details about the titans and seem to suggest
some treachery among ally lines
. Hopefully, next week will feature more or some action because I want to see some Titan ass-kicking.

Branduil

Attack on Titan 16

iUrAHyA0vBikm.jpg

ib2GdXI6TF9699.jpg

Mugi's dad.

Whoa, this episode was actually both really good and had consistent animation throughout. Is that a first? There were a lot of good dramatic Araki moments in this one, as opposed to the silly ones, and we actually got character development for people who aren't Eren, Mikasa, or Armin.

Also, I can't believe they spoiled that in the preview. That's terrible.

duckroll

Doesn't seem like either guy has that much experience, although the shots in the preview for the next episode looked nice.

Tokutsuchi was the assistant director of Xam'd, he worked with Araki before on Guilty Crown too. There'll probably be good animation because he has worked with many good animators before.

Wakabayashi is definitely hype. He's a great animator and will almost certainly be animating parts of his own episode.

Branduil

Tokutsuchi was the assistant director of Xam'd, he worked with Araki before on Guilty Crown too. There'll probably be good animation because he has worked with many good animators before.

Wakabayashi is definitely hype. He's a great animator and will almost certainly be animating parts of his own episode.

Sounds good, they really need to do this arc right if they want to leave things on a positive note for the next series.

duckroll

Sounds good, they really need to do this arc right if they want to leave things on a positive note for the next series.

Considering how many episodes are left though, it seems likely they're going to go with the pacing of the first half after. 17-18 could be like 7-8 where it was actually exciting and had good action for the big scenes, and then it starts to degrade into a slow as fuck drag towards the conclusion of the arc, one episode at a time, until the final 1-2 episodes where there's some action again before it ends.

Branduil

Considering how many episodes are left though, it seems likely they're going to go with the pacing of the first half after. 17-18 could be like 7-8 where it was actually exciting and had good action for the big scenes, and then it starts to degrade into a slow as fuck drag towards the conclusion of the arc, one episode at a time, until the final 1-2 episodes where there's some action again before it ends.

I hope not. The second OP seems to imply that
the series will end around chapter 34
, so hopefully they've planned things out better for the conclusion of the series.

duckroll

We should find out by next week more or less where the anime will end, based on the episode information for 18-22. But I'll probably save that discussion for the spoiler thread. :p

Catching up with the episodes, I liked Hanji, though she was a bit... odd.

She being a "Titan Groupie", as she reminded my of that scientist from Pacific Rim. She was just fascinated at the Titans she dealt with, though I understand her demeanor. I do feel sorry for her losing her two subjects.

Looking forward to how the latest episode plays out. Sounds like something big's about to happen.

Jex

In reality both openings aren't that well made, I'm afraid to say. The only difference is that the music from the first opening brings the entire thing up to a level that it hasn't really earned. I mean, if you add the music from the first opening to the visuals of the second you already improve it by 15%:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp8AFD2dVwc

Also, I can't believe they spoiled that in the preview. That's terrible.
Yeah, jesus fugdhksging christ that was a horrible move. I hope anyone that is serial watching the show in the future is lucky enough to not bother with the previews before immediately watching the next episode.

The second song has grown on me a ton, but this is blowing my mind, especially if I imagine a couple scenes edited for timing to fit better with the music.

In reality both openings aren't that well made, I'm afraid to say. The only difference is that the music from the first opening brings the entire thing up to a level that it hasn't really earned. I mean, if you add the music from the first opening to the visuals of the second you already improve it by 15%:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp8AFD2dVwc

Timing is completely off. 2nd song works perfectly fine with the 2nd OP as does the 1st with the 1st OP.

I'm going to say that the second opening is better than the first. It's just much faster and more hype.

I think the second opening is really great, but better than the first one? Nah......the first one is perfection.

By the way, I'm more excited than usual for this week’s new episode. I need ma titan action! I can't wait!

AllenShrz

Currently at ep11....

What a wasted opportunity with this anime. It had the potential to be something truly unique and with balls... But no! It turned out to be your typical melodramatic anime BS.

I'm dropping this one. Anime is dead to me, nothing since gankutsuou has made me exited for anime again.

kirblar

Currently at ep11....

What a wasted opportunity with this anime. It had the potential to be something truly unique and with balls... But no! It turned out to be your typical melodramatic anime BS.

I'm dropping this one. Anime is dead to me, nothing since gankutsuou has made me exited for anime again.
To be fair, they at least seem to be doing something interesting with it in the first part of the back half of eps.

Currently at ep11....

Never seen gankutsuou, but I'm fairly certain stuff like that is still being made today. You could always ask for recommendations in animegaf, since I think that's a relatively popular show in there.

Todays episode is going to be radical. Decent animation, and it's off the walls to the roof action packed and jammed with jelly and moe-titans doing moe-things.

Yeah, jesus fugdhksging christ that was a horrible move. I hope anyone that is serial watching the show in the future is lucky enough to not bother with the previews before immediately watching the next episode.

Yikes.

I'm not one for watching previews of the next episode so I'm glad I dodged that bullet.

LiK

finally catching up. just finished 15. that was really good. Major Hanji is one of my fave characters now

edit: 16 done. awesome again.

LogicStep

I think the second opening is really great, but better than the first one? Nah......the first one is perfection.

By the way, I'm more excited than usual for this week’s new episode. I need ma titan action! I can't wait!

Yeah I'm hyped as hell too!

Where are you guys watching it???

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan Episode 17: Yea, Linked Horizon has really grown on me these past few weeks. Anyway, we finally return to no only the action but also the extended recapping. Indeed we see the Survey Corp taking down some normal titans when the new scourge
The Female Titan Shifter
appears.
Yea, for those worried about this becoming a mech show, it looks like your fears were justified.
We see this new threat wipe out an entire flank of soldiers while Amin goes into deduction mode and drops a lot of information.
By the way, pay attention to the conversation Armin was having, either Renier or Jean is a traitor based on the revelations Armin had about where Eren's location is. Indeed somebody seems to have been running some counter ops.
Anyway, nice to see the action in this show once again, and nice to see Armin making himself useful.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I had no idea what was going on during this episode.

That
female titan
looks exactly like Annie. The OP makes it seem as she is one important character during this arc, so it must definitely be her.

Roubjon

I had no idea what was going on during this episode.

That
female titan
looks exactly like Annie. The OP makes it seem as she is one important character during this arc, so it must definitely be her.

Yeah I was about to say the same thing.
It has to be her, it's pretty noticeable. So I guess this whole titan thing is an inside job or something. Conspiracies!

I thought the episode was great though. I hope they can keep this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom