• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

That's actually a good point- this horseback animation is very different from the other animation and might have had a separate team doing it.

Branduil

That's actually a good point- this horseback animation is very different from the other animation and might have had a separate team doing it.

Well, most of the far shots of the horses are CGI. So that would obviously be a different group of animators working on those particular shots, but it could be a different group for the closeups as well.

But mainly what's clear is that this episode obviously had a lot of love and care put into it compared to some of the earlier episodes, especially the bad 8-13 section. Which is good because lots of still shots would have had a negative effect on the tone they were aiming for.

LiK

But I don't think the problem has ever been budget, it's been time. I wonder if they've had teams working on these episodes since the beginning, since I don't think the one-week delay would be enough to get this animation quality with all the problems they were having earlier.

yea, i was being a bit sarcastic. i really do agree that it's mainly time constraints as well.

vareon

It's nice to see my favorite part of the manga gets animated. The expedition, the plan, everything. I really enjoyed this episode.

I really hope they give this another season of anime. It'd be a shame if it ended up being a one-and-done like they did to Claymore.

But seeing as how much dough the merchandising is raking in, I can't see them not putting out another season.

Branduil

I really hope they give this another season of anime. It'd be a shame if it ended up being a one-and-done like they did to Claymore.

But seeing as how much dough the merchandising is raking in, I can't see them not putting out another season.

There's very little chance they won't eventually animate the entire manga with how successful the series is.

LOL at your avatar.

No one else thinks Reiner looks a lot like the armored titan? Jean is a possibility as well I guess.
http://www.anime-planet.com/images/characters/armored_titan_49319.jpg
Just look at him.

Annie being the female titan seems damn near certain unless the show wants to pull a fast one.

No idea about the colossal titan, Eren and Annie's(and possibly Reiner's) titans take on their characteristics, colossal titan is weird. I thought maybe the female titan and colossal titan deliberately didn't "finish" their transformations so as to better hide their identities,(though female titan is still obvious) Eren had a similar looking "unfinished" state when he blocked the cannon.

Hellix

If chapters are only released monthly, they probably need a year or so to give themselves more material to animate.

Really good episode this week. I don't read the manga, but from what I've heard this show is definitely going to need a 2nd season. Hopefully the popularity of season 1 will swiftly greenlight season 2, and it'll start in spring or summer of 2014.

CorvoSol

Hey so a few episodes back when
the Titans were stapled to the floor. Why did they use those tiny nails instead of flat out driving tall stakes through those things?

Dresden

Man, episode 17 was good. I haven't watched this show since ep7, but this was worth coming back for.

I just hope they can wrap up this arc without imploding again.

Rad-

That Rainer part was pretty silly. I mean there's 2 options here:

1. He survived that as a human but that's just stupid because he was clearly crushed.
2. He regen'd and is actually a titan but how in the hell didn't Armin or Jean realize that? Jean just said he forgot how strong Rainer was but wtf he was fucking crushed! It doesn't matter how strong you are when a titan fucking breaks you like that!

Even though I got spoiled on who the female titan is, it would still be really obvious who it was even if I wasn’t spoilt. It also seems super obvious that the armoured titan is
Reiner. Same hair/body shape and the fact that he regenerated.

By the way.....what the hell was Armin going on about when he was yelling to Jean to avenge someone? Saying that he saw his body underneath a foot? I'm not sure if it was a bad sub or what but that whole section went over my head.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Even though I got spoiled on who the female titan is, it would still be really obvious who it was even if I wasn’t spoilt. It also seems super obvious that the armoured titan is
Reiner. Same hair/body shape and the fact that he regenerated.

By the way.....what the hell was Armin going on about when he was yelling to Jean to avenge someone? Saying that he saw his body underneath a foot? I'm not sure if it was a bad sub or what but that whole section went over my head.

He used a direct reference to Eren (the one who hurries to his death) which made the female titan pause. He wanted to test if it infact was someone that they potentially knew, or else the whole reference wouldnt have been understood by said titan. The fact that it stopped shows that it indeed is someone close to the original group. He wanted to cause potential confusion with the line also by making it sound like Eren was killed by the female titan during the attack on the right wing of the formation which made it pause to think.

The whole "one who hurries to his death" for example is usually what Jean calls Eren for example.

The subtitles for GG anyways makes sense as it matches basically what is being said in Japanese.

He used a direct reference to Eren (the one who hurries to his death) which made the female titan pause. He wanted to test if it infact was someone that they potentially knew, or else the whole reference wouldnt have been understood by said titan. The fact that it stopped shows that it indeed is someone close to the original group. He wanted to cause potential confusion with the line also by making it sound like Eren was killed by the female titan during the attack on the right wing of the formation which made it pause to think.

The whole "one who hurries to his death" for example is usually what Jean calls Erin for example.

The subtitles for GG anyways makes sense as it matches basically what is being said in Japanese.

Ah, got ya. Thanks.

kirblar

At least if it's going to become a bio-mecha show, they were laying the conspiracy/mystery seeds from Day 1, so that's been consistent.

So, assuming the Titan is who we think it is (it's beyond blatant), does that mean that they want the "Top 10" to go to the MP in order to find Titan testing candidates?

1. He survived that as a human but that's just stupid because he was clearly crushed.
2. He regen'd and is actually a titan but how in the hell didn't Armin or Jean realize that? Jean just said he forgot how strong Rainer was but wtf he was fucking crushed! It doesn't matter how strong you are when a titan fucking breaks you like that!

While
Reiner is almost certainly a titan since we know it's possible for humans to turn into them
, I thought
he cut his way out of the titan's hand
. Something was definitely odd about it, but it looked like
the blood spurt was from the titan. Perhaps the titan is Annie and she let Reiner escape once she saw who it was.

I'll have to look at that again. Even if
Reiner did get crushed then regenerated, Jean, and maybe Armin, thought he cut his way out of the titan's grasp.

Unbounded

While
Reiner is almost certainly a titan since we know it's possible for humans to turn into them
, I thought
he cut his way out of the titan's hand
. Something was definitely odd about it, but it looked like
the blood spurt was from the titan. Perhaps the titan is Annie and she let Reiner escape once she saw who it was.

I'll have to look at that again. Even if
Reiner did get crushed then regenerated, Jean, and maybe Armin, thought he cut his way out of the titan's grasp.

The way they handled that moment it felt they were clearly trying to hint towards something.

Otherwise it would've just been the case that
he just manages to cut his way out before being crushed.

Hurley

So, finally managed to catch up on both 16 & 17.

Fantastic episodes imo, especially 17, and while it's obvious who the female titan "with the nice ass" is, I still thought it was a awesome ep.

Episode 17 was really great, and I thought it was a good episode to make up for the past ones. I haven't even watched the manga but I can tell
who that titan is
. Also I'm really starting to like Jean. He's really cool now since he's one of the few characters in the show that
has made a drastic change over time
Armin did too,
but not as much.

Erigu

I thought I read somewhere that Ymir was supposed to be the main character of the anime/manga before it was all set in stone.
Pure speculation from somebody who saw a couple of scans from the recent "volume 0" of the manga and couldn't tell the main character was male.

Hurley

Episode 17 was pretty good, though I'm not too sure about this human-in-titan stuff.

Yeah, I know some people are a bit put off from this. It's obviously a theme of the series now, just have to see where they go with it.

Pure speculation from somebody who saw a couple of scans from the recent "volume 0" of the manga and couldn't tell the main character was male.

Volume 0? Is that the little manga that came with the recent blu ray release?

SSReborn

I love these little hints they are throwing in they are doing really well to allude to certain things. If you know what you're looking for they are really obvious but if not, than you would think nothing of it. Its becoming a chore to wait for new episodes to come out but I don't really want to read ahead.

CorvoSol

I thought the idea was that
he didn't get crushed at all and that the blood spurt at the moment he did get "crushed" was from him slicing the hand to make space?

Look, I haven't enjoy anime since 1999. Since then, I have not been interested on watching anything anime related. But this one? This one is pretty damn good. I declare myself as a fan and I can't wait to see what happen next #TeamSasha

Not only that but
when he grabs Armin there's steam coming out of his head (or close) something that could indicate that he regenerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom