• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Look, I haven't enjoy anime since 1999. Since then, I have not been interested on watching anything anime related. But this one? This one is pretty damn good. I declare myself as a fan and I can't wait to see what happen next #TeamSasha

Not only that but
when he grabs Armin there's steam coming out of his head (or close) something that could indicate that he regenerated.

All titan blood creates steam...

I don't recall ever hearing the name Ymir. In fact I forget she and the other blonde exists until I see the ending song.

Seems like a dead give away if that's her name.

M3d10n

That Rainer part was pretty silly. I mean there's 2 options here:

1. He survived that as a human but that's just stupid because he was clearly crushed.
2. He regen'd and is actually a titan but how in the hell didn't Armin or Jean realize that? Jean just said he forgot how strong Rainer was but wtf he was fucking crushed! It doesn't matter how strong you are when a titan fucking breaks you like that!

He wasn't crushed, the blood splats were from him cutting the titan's fingers.

M3d10n

Yea, but I don't remember it being discussed... Heck I was surprised when Armin said Eren is a Titan.. Some reason I thought he was one of a kind.

Everything that happens after Eren's reveal is motivated by the fact the top brass realized right away that there could be others like him. Commander Erwin drops hints of this all the time and Armin realized this pretty quickly too.

tumblr_inline_mpu2xrHvK21qz4rgp.gif

KmA

Armin is constantly surprising me with his intelligence. I didn't really think he would assume (ep 17 spoiler)
that the female titan was human just by their small interaction.

M3d10n

It looked like he got his head pushed into his body.

I assume he cut the four fingers tendons as he was grabbed so the titan couldn't crush him further and tried to use the thumb to finish him, then he did the spinning move and cut his way out.

Armin is constantly surprising me with his intelligence. I didn't really think he would assume (ep 17 spoiler)
that the female titan was human just by their small interaction.

He also came to the conclusion that
both the armored and colossal titans are also humans
on his own.

Armin seems like he's written to be almost as smart as the reader.

I wouldn't be surprised if when he gets a breather he
figures out the connection to Annie and then starts suspecting Reiner as her accomplice.

lonely

So with the whole
Reiner and Annie being titans theory
I think I've noticed something about who else might be.
During the outro when it shows the ten standing around the wall with 5 on one side and 5 on the other. All the usual suspects are on one side. But on the other side is Reiner and Annie who are both likely titan, so does that mean Bertholdt, Ymir and Christa are all also titan. But I don't get why it would show two of them arguing, a conflict of interest?

fawaz

Banned
In this episode they're completely outside the wall the whole time, I believe.

what does that mean? what are you talking about?

They were in a destroyed city which i am assuming is the eastern city on the second wall.
what I am asking is when was it destroyed, and why is the second wall still standing when a city has been taken by the titans?

what does that mean? what are you talking about?

They were in a destroyed city which i am assuming is the eastern city on the second wall.
what I am asking is when was it destroyed, and why is the second wall still standing when a city has been taken by the titans?

The destroyed city they were riding through in the beginning was a border town just outside the walls of the city they left.

Collete

Damn I wish I can watch the latest episode already (so tempted to highlight all the spoilers in here) but I guess I have to wait another week before Crunchyroll or Funimation can put it up for free.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Damn I wish I can watch the latest episode already (so tempted to highlight all the spoilers in here) but I guess I have to wait another week before Crunchyroll or Funimation can put it up for free.

Crunchyroll is like fucking 6 dollars per month, mang....

Tyrael

My girlfriend is just about to see the episode 5 in the next 30 minutes.

So good... I almost could not hold myself with expectation to see her face with what is about to happen. :D

Jigolo

Oh thank god Reiner made it. One of my favorite characters in the series.

female titan = Annie

Just a guess. i could be wrong

Moaradin

It is completely obvious who that titan is by the facial features. I really hope they don't try to make this some big reveal because it's not gonna have very much impact.

Kiryu

I think it makes sense to me that why Reiner should be dead but he came back alive.
Here's my speculation!
Reiner is Titan (You can guess or assuming that "steam on his head")
I think he is Armored Titan since that's "buffy" body like Reiner.
There's only problem with it. I don't know if Titan hair color generate same from their human hair color.

Green Eyes/Big Jaw Titan = Eren (What do you even call his titan? Eren Titan?)
Female Titan = Annie
Armored Titan = Reiner
Colossal Titan = ?

So with the whole
Reiner and Annie being titans theory
I think I've noticed something about who else might be.
During the outro when it shows the ten standing around the wall with 5 on one side and 5 on the other. All the usual suspects are on one side. But on the other side is Reiner and Annie who are both likely titan, so does that mean Bertholdt, Ymir and Christa are all also titan. But I don't get why it would show two of them arguing, a conflict of interest?

The following is only speculation:

Holy crap....I think you’re onto something here! That would further indicate that
Ymir is a titan too! The name surely can’t be just a coincidence can it? And I think Reiner is already looking pretty damn suspicious and is more than likely the armored titan, so that makes sense too! Could that mean that Bertholdt might be the colossal titan? O: Now that I look at him closer he does kind of resemble the colossal titan! The faces are somewhat similar.
I wonder if the manga readers are laughing at me right now, I could be way off, but for now I'm gonna stick with my theories.

Alucrid

Banned
The following is only speculation:

Holy crap....I think you’re onto something here! That would further indicate that
Ymir is a titan too! The name surely can’t be just a coincidence can it? And I think Reiner is already looking pretty damn suspicious and is more than likely the armored titan, so that makes sense too! Could that mean that Bertholdt might be the colossal titan? O: Now that I look at him closer he does kind of resemble the colossal titan! The faces are somewhat similar.
I wonder if the manga readers are laughing at me right now, I could be way off, but for now I'm gonna stick with my theories.

More speculation

So...would that mean that Reiner knows he's a titan then? I mean, otherwise not being squeezed to death would've surely been a shock to him right?

More speculation

So...would that mean that Reiner knows he's a titan then? I mean, otherwise not being squeezed to death would've surely been a shock to him right?

Well I would assume so if the speculation about
Reiner being the one who told Annie the location of Eren is true. I think they know they're titans and they're working together. I kinda fits in place.........

Something is definitely up with that group of people in the credits.
I always found it odd that Ymir laughed at something inappropriate (I can't for the life of me remember what she was laughing about)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom