• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting into this show and i really dont see whats so great about it. It feels like Naruto and Bleach in the beginning when everything as new and interesting but give it time and it will wear out soon. Why do so many anime feel so slow, always about flashbacks in the middle of critical situations, protagonists crying and trying to be brave, always a girl that everyone is afraid of crossing, and the main character everyone hates then loves after he does the impossible or whatever.

I'll keep watching and hope it grows on me.

Whose the girl everyone is afraid of crossing? Mikasa isn't, she's admired for her skill. If you mean Annie well compared to other side chars like Jean she isn't shown much.

Kickz

130805.jpg

Just getting into this show and i really dont see whats so great about it. It feels like Naruto and Bleach in the beginning when everything as new and interesting but give it time and it will wear out soon. Why do so many anime feel so slow, always about flashbacks in the middle of critical situations, protagonists crying and trying to be brave, always a girl that everyone is afraid of crossing, and the main character everyone hates then loves after he does the impossible or whatever.

Everything you described is standard of shounen series, which is what this is.

The manga is worse in terms of flashbacks and knowing when stuff takes place. The events of episode 3 and 4 actually happened AFTER the defense of Trost as a flashback.

Velti

Neo Member
I just rewatched the latest ep and had to watch the part where
the female titan is running up on Shallot and co
initially, it's just so PERFECT and powerful! The music and the motion go PERFECTLY together, and you fell TERRIFIED. And watching it run is SO cool! The anatomy is fantastic- I mean, I wouldn't know if it was perfect or not, but its really neat how they're exposing the elegant biomechanics behind the human form, you know?

It must be Annie and Reiner... but WHY?! Why would they do this, why would they be a part of this cabal? And Erwin KNOWS about it! He knows something's up. That's why he organized things the way he did, and that's why he organized this sojourn. UGh! The questions are killing me!

LiK

if you're not even impressed by the animation, music and the action then you should quit now. judging from your comment tho, you only watched the very beginning.

wow...i'm impressed by how bad that was.

sn00zer

So im currently under the assumption that
The military police all have titan powers and that the main super titan is the bearded guy heading the Military Police.....also considering his dad gets the serum after visiting the inner city

I'm finally caught up with this show.

I guess I'm glad that I watched all the plot-advancing episodes at once. Now I'm ready for some Three-Dimensional Maneuvers and shit.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
the next Metal Gear is a big naked guy with moe eyes.

tumblr_moap50Sso41rsi4wfo1_500.gif

Considering that Joshikohei by Jiro Matsumoto is one of his favorite mangas, Im surprised that he hasnt read / watched the series sooner. Then again dude has got to be so busy its really no surprise at the same time he doesnt have much free time. Am a fan of Jiro Matsumotos mangas also and have the current issues of Jigoku no Alice and Joshikohei. Had originally found out about Joshikohei from Kojimas blog, when he did a post on it a long while back.

Jiro Matsumotos official HP.
http://matsumotojiro.web.fc2.com/books.html

Its pretty interesting to see how the Attack on Titan series has gotten so much attention worldwide though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
A Kojima-made AoT game actually has a chance of not sucking, unlike the one that was hastily announced last month to cash in on the current popularity.

Theres a bunch of other visual novel ones out on the mobile platforms currently. I didnt look at them myself but a friend of mine whos still in the industry was telling me about it, when we were talking about this series and game related whatnots.

CorvoSol

My guess regarding that is "no".

Is this like Saltybet? The rule is "Never bet on Titan."?

I mean, is it that hard to not discuss spoilers AT ALL in a thread where most people who visit are just following with the pace of the anime? There's a whole other thread for the stuff.

Happens all the time with the GoT and Walking Dead threads, so I'm guessing that yes, it's legit too hard for some folks.

What we still don't really know is why
the female, armored and colossal all have their muscle tissue exposed like that. You'd think maybe because they might be controlled by humans, but Eren in titan form looked nothing like that.

Wonder what is up with that.

More speculation:

Perhaps it has something to do with
the severity of how much they get injured? Remember when Eren got his leg and arm bitten off? He transformed into a fully skinned titan. When he only bites his hand when blocking the cannonball he only turned into a titan with muscles/bones. Or maybe the human titans are simply special? Who knows!? If Reiner is the armoured titan wouldn't that mean he would have transformed into it when he was crushed by the female titan? Perhaps they can control if they transform when they're injured? Speaking of Reiner......I watched episode 17 again and the female titan looks at her hand when Reiner escapes, could he have given her a note on Eren's location while in her hand? She also has a smug look on her face right before she grabs him.

There are plenty of examples of Titan blood evaporating (whenever they have time to animate it). Levi's blade, Mikasa's first kill, on the major's cape, etc...
I might need to rewatch some episodes then. Thanks!

I think it makes sense to me that why Reiner should be dead but he came back alive.
Here's my speculation!
Reiner is Titan (You can guess or assuming that "steam on his head")
I think he is Armored Titan since that's "buffy" body like Reiner.
There's only problem with it. I don't know if Titan hair color generate same from their human hair color.

Green Eyes/Big Jaw Titan = Eren (What do you even call his titan? Eren Titan?)
Female Titan = Annie
Armored Titan = Reiner
Colossal Titan = ?

Yep, this is exactly what I think. About that
Colossal Titan, I think it might be that guy Felman who tried to kill Eren with the cannonballs or one of the 5 that appear on the OP2. To be honest, it has to be one of the young ones so I'm not sure Felman could be, but is all speculation. Damn, the wait is killing me.

Jubern

As a manga reader who also happens to be a non book reader of Games of Thrones, I really feel for you guys. Hang in there and stay safe!

mugwhump

17 was good. Really good.

I didn't expect the female titan to be so... uh... jiggly.

I think I know where Pixis is coming from now.

kirblar

As a manga reader who also happens to be a non book reader of Games of Thrones, I really feel for you guys. Hang in there and stay safe!
We only have to make it through 9 more eps! :) (Not switching to the Manga at that point seems to be setting oneself up for a world of hurt!)

Yep, this is exactly what I think. About that
Colossal Titan, I think it might be that guy Felman who tried to kill Eren with the cannonballs or one of the 5 that appear on the OP2. To be honest, it has to be one of the young ones so I'm not sure Felman could be, but is all speculation. Damn, the wait is killing me.

My guess as to who the colossal titan might be =
Bertholdt. The faces are similar. Him being in the credits with Annie, Reiner and Ymir is also suspicious.

fawaz

Banned
My feeling is that the people with guesses and theories, and to whom everything in the story is so very obvious are manga readers trying look smart.

gonna avoid all spoilers now, even they are just "speculations."

NEO0MJ

So much speculation, I don't know what to expect anymore. Speaking of the
female titan, it would make sense for it to be Annie so they can have a scene where Titan Eren tries to fight her but gets knocked down by her superior close-combat skills, making Armin go all "could it be?!"

My feeling is that the people with guesses and theories, and to whom everything in the story is so very obvious are manga readers trying look smart.

Yup. I spent a couple hours on the wiki tonight, spoiling the show for myself. There are definitely manga readers shitting all over this thread, fronting as master titan detectives. People are better off not reading anything tagged as a spoiler.

I don’t know anything about the manga. I give you my word on that – whatever its worth.

If so, we've truly reached the sediment on the bottom of the internet.

I'd generally assume that's not the case, although I like that someone was at least called out as such a few pages back, possibly because you can check someone's post history of evidence if they said they've read the manga.

Deliberately posting spoilers in a non-spoiler thread? There's no grave shallow enough for the likes of them.

LogicStep

I just rewatched the latest ep and had to watch the part where
the female titan is running up on Shallot and co
initially, it's just so PERFECT and powerful! The music and the motion go PERFECTLY together, and you fell TERRIFIED. And watching it run is SO cool! The anatomy is fantastic- I mean, I wouldn't know if it was perfect or not, but its really neat how they're exposing the elegant biomechanics behind the human form, you know?

It must be Annie and Reiner... but WHY?! Why would they do this, why would they be a part of this cabal? And Erwin KNOWS about it! He knows something's up. That's why he organized things the way he did, and that's why he organized this sojourn. UGh! The questions are killing me!

That's what's killing me. I want to know more! Their purpose and how does Erwin know?! What's really going on, big picture wise.

So im currently under the assumption that
The military police all have titan powers and that the main super titan is the bearded guy heading the Military Police.....also considering his dad gets the serum after visiting the inner city

Doesn't make much sense, the part of the main super titan. What do they gain by attacking themselves?

More speculation:

the severity of how much they get injured? Remember when Eren got his leg and arm bitten off? He transformed into a fully skinned titan. When he only bites his hand when blocking the cannonball he only turned into a titan with muscles/bones. Or maybe the human titans are simply special? Who knows!? If Reiner is the armoured titan wouldn't that mean he would have transformed into it when he was crushed by the female titan? Perhaps they can control if they transform when they're injured? Speaking of Reiner......I watched episode 17 again and the female titan looks at her hand when Reiner escapes, could he have given her a note on Eren's location while in her hand? She also has a smug look on her face right before she grabs him.

Remember that Eren go beat up real bad in court and he had already regened his tooth back by the end of the episode.

Also, if we go by those theories
then that dude that is always with Reiner, in the OP and ED and in the show, must be a titan too. Don't remember his name but he's the skinny tall dude.

To me it's more about the reveal of their purpose and when they get found out. Not so much who's a titan since it's clear that there's quite a few of them.

JulianImp

Yup. I spent a couple hours on the wiki tonight, spoiling the show for myself. There are definitely manga readers shitting all over this thread, fronting as master titan detectives. People are better off not reading anything tagged as a spoiler.

Yeah, I guess keeping speculation out of this thread (or simply not reading about it) could help. That way, if none of us are talking about possible plot events, who's a titan and all that stuff then it'd be a lot harder for someone to post what's going to happen under the guise of it being mere speculation.

Anyway, I definitely feel like the show has picked up the peace since the whole Trost arc. Now it seems like deaths are a lot cheaper since they're only killing people we barely get to know, and the show's going further towards a conspiracy plot rather than "OMG, we're all doomed!". Hopefully, it keeps up until the season's end, at the very least.

LogicStep

Yeah, I guess keeping speculation out of this thread (or simply not reading about it) could help. That way, if none of us are talking about possible plot events, who's a titan and all that stuff then it'd be a lot harder for someone to post what's going to happen under the guise of it being mere speculation.

Anyway, I definitely feel like the show has picked up the peace since the whole Trost arc. Now it seems like deaths are a lot cheaper since they're only killing people we barely get to know, and the show's going further towards a conspiracy plot rather than "OMG, we're all doomed!". Hopefully, it keeps up until the season's end, at the very least.

I'm just reading everything as pure speculation and if they're right then they were right on the money. I hope it's not intentional...

JulianImp

I'm just reading everything as pure speculation and if they're right then they were right on the money. I hope it's not intentional...

Perhaps that works as well. With all the speculation going on at the moment, it looks like the only ones who can actually tell who are spoiling things are the people who've read the manga/wiki.

Both speculation and real spoilers seem the same to us who still remain unspoiled, so even if one of the speculations was a thinly veiled spoiler, we'd at best remember someone posted something like that in this thread (at least in my case).

Subitai

Really like the way they didn't shy away from the brutality of the female titan. Also like the way they showed the "flare-radar" in motion on the map.

Speculation guys, just put in tags just to be safe.

docbon

Welcome to the attack on titans thread, where gaffers find new and innovative ways of spoiling the plot via direct spoilers, nudging and winking, or inadvertently confirming speculation (like this post)

This thread should be burnt to the ground, and be reborn from the ashes as a banhammer wielding phoenix.

Welcome to the attack on titans thread, where gaffers find new and innovative ways of spoiling the plot via direct spoilers, nudging and winking, or inadvertently confirming speculation (like this post)

This thread should be burnt to the ground, and be reborn from the ashes as a banhammer wielding phoenix.

And yet I'm the one who hasn't and still get called out by manga readers who basically tried to spoil everything in an effort to annoy me. At what point does speculation turn into "Everyone is a troll" lets just ban all speculation and assume they're here to spoil? I mean I wasn't trying to spoil, or even confirm anything. I liked to speculate, I didn't catch up to SnK till a few months ago and nobody around to talk about it.

kirblar

And yet I'm the one who hasn't and still get called out by manga readers who basically tried to spoil everything in an effort to annoy me. At what point does speculation turn into "Everyone is a troll" lets just ban all speculation and assume they're here to spoil?
Because you explicitly pointed out something saying "HEY DID YOU NOTICE X", which wasn't "obvious" to a lot of us watching for the first time, preventing us from discovering it on our own or being blindsided by it on the show. Please stop making yourself a martyr, if you don't understand why that's a problem, you simply shouldn't be posting in these threads. I post in the GoT spoiler-free thread as a book reader, but I'm always super careful to only talk about what's been seen on the show, and when I clarify things, it's always about explaining things that have already occurred and that are explicitly public knowledge.

You may like to "speculate", but you AREN'T SPECULATING. That's the problem. Go to the Manga thread if you want to do that!

I didn't specify which users/posts purposely to avoid confirming which ones are legit.

Dali

More speculation:

the severity of how much they get injured? Remember when Eren got his leg and arm bitten off? He transformed into a fully skinned titan. When he only bites his hand when blocking the cannonball he only turned into a titan with muscles/bones. Or maybe the human titans are simply special? Who keepnows!? If Reiner is the armoured titan wouldn't that mean he would have transformed into it when he was crushed by the female titan? Perhaps they can control if they transform when they're injured? Speaking of Reiner......I watched episode 17 again and the female titan looks at her hand when Reiner escapes, could he have given her a note on Eren's location while in her hand? She also has a smug look on her face right before she grabs him.

I really think you guys are over thinking this. I think the look of the colossal titan and armored titan are just design decisions to distinguish them as awesome looking antagonists. When Eren blocked the cannonball it was a quick and incomplete transformation so he wasn't fully formed. As far as
the titan looking at its hand it was because it was destroyed and it was just looking at its ravaged remains before regenerating.

Velti

Neo Member
I really think you guys are over thinking this. I think the look of the colossal titan and armored titan are just design decisions to distinguish them as awesome looking antagonists. When Eren blocked the cannonball it was a quick and incomplete transformation so he wasn't fully formed. As far as
the titan looking at its hand it was because it was destroyed and it was just looking at its ravaged remains before regenerating.

I think it has to do with their intention when they transform. Annie focused on speed and agility, perhaps, while Reiner focused on being a tank. It's also reflective of their base physiologies/personalities.

Kinyou

Sucks if that's the case. Similar things happened in the GoT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom