• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

If you ever wondered what one of those 'custom' women's wrestling matches look like, here you go;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22xen6

Ivelisse vs Angelina Love with April Hunter as the special referee for a 15 minute submission match. Probably cost the buyer well over $500. Madness.

T-Hawk has been really dope though. Really fun to watch. Plus...Uhaa Nation is always worth watching. Was this their main event at that show?

Nope, it was BxB Hulk vs Mad Blankey 4-1 handicap match for the title - total shenanigans, meh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp1Ze7HSVW4

What the fuck, Dixie

There has been some controversy surrounding your table spot with Bully Ray from people who perceive this as endorsing violence against women. What do you say to fans and supporters who have similar concerns?

"We have taken man-on-female violence I would say even more seriously from Day One than even a chair shot. That has been banned from the beginning and it took us a while, but chair shots are not right and going to be handled either. It's very important to our network that this happened. It's why we have done my character a certain way. It's why we've treated this with the "Boss Toss" and we've tried to take it more tongue in cheek. And we also have a disclaimer before this show saying it's not something that we condone. It's a spot and it's an end to a four-month story of something that I have continuously put myself in this position, and we've tried to make it as light as possible."

Over the past week there has been a lot of talk about TNA's future on Spike TV. How do you believe negotiations are progressing with Spike and what are TNA's other options if a new deal with Spike can't be reached?

"Every two years I go through this. This is just the first public negotiation I've ever had. I think social media has really changed this kind of thing. I'm used to every two years negotiating with Spike and negotiating with other networks. This time is absolutely not any different. We're still talking with them, but there are other people, thank God, that are interested in our product. I want to grow this brand; I want to grow it domestically. I want us to be able to start having the kind of success domestically that we're having internationally. I'm not going to stop and none of us are going to stop until we get there. I'm real excited to see and I think we'll know sooner than later what's going to happen."

Gorillaz

Heyman this past week in that interview summed up TNA as a company that promoted everyone and everything else over itself. Not really proving that it was any different then other promotions.

Wrasslegaf does that sum it up basically?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 2 days behind on the G1 and feel very guilty about it. Thank god for this lighter schedule.

Heyman this past week in that interview summed up TNA as a company that promoted everyone and everything else over itself. Not really proving that it was any different then other promotions.

No. Sounds like Paul Heyman talkiing about himself.

DMczaf

Who would you take in a match between Brock and prime Savio Vega? What if they had to wrestle four times in the same night?

That's a tough one, but I would take Brock. Savio had the carribean fire, but he burned fast. He just couldn't finish all 4 matches. Brock doesn't feel pain, fatigue, emotions. He would wrestle each match as if it was his first that night.

Mahonay

Banned

Sounds like Heyman rambling just to hear the sound of his own voice like he normally does. What the fuck does that even mean?

Sounds like Heyman rambling just to hear the sound of his own voice like he normally does. What the fuck does that even mean?

Makes perfect sense to me. TNA has worried more about big names and individuals (Sting, Hogan, Hardy, etc.) than they have about creating an identity for their brand. What is it that makes TNA special? Why should I watch them over other promotions? They have existed for 10+ years without actually giving themselves a reason to exist.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It means that TNA should have done what ECW did. Have dumbass wrestlers kill themselves, while only promoting the company so fans chant TNA, instead of a wrestler's name.

Once again, Heyman is a great at writing and maybe even booking, but the man is an idiot businessman.

For only $500? That seems like a fun use of that money. I was expecting at least a grand.

It's actually less than I expected - $250-$350 for most singles matches, it seems. If you've got money to burn and are a big fan of the wrestlers, I guess why not - but it seems telling that the only sites offering custom wrestling matches are for women's wrestling.

tumblr_n9y2nrh09Z1ruwc07o1_500.jpg

Talking about videogames in this thread: Slater
Don't wanna talk about videogames in this thread: Gator

It means that TNA should have done what ECW did. Have dumbass wrestlers kill themselves, while only promoting the company so fans chant TNA, instead of a wrestler's name.

Once again, Heyman is a great at writing and maybe even booking, but the man is an idiot businessman.

That's not at all the case. Hell, Heyman himself has come out and said that everyone just needs to let the ECW brand and style die already. He's said on multiple occasions that if he would be running a company today, it'd look absolutely nothing like ECW.

njean777

I just watched wrestlemania 17 TLC match between Edge and Christian, the hardys, and Dudley's and man that match is awesome. Why can we not have any good tag teams these days?

jmdajr

One thing I heard about TNA is that they don't work any longer than they have to. And I don't just mean from a wrestling standpoint. Just everything. Everyone that has a part in running the company. You work certain hours and then go home and have a life.

TNA doesn't have an insane person like Vince who believes people have to work 24/7 until they drop dead. Sure that sucks but it's the reason WWE is on top.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched wrestlemania 17 TLC match between Edge and Christian, the hardys, and Dudley's and man that match is awesome. Why can we not have any good tag teams these days?

Tag teams cost more :|

Watch the G1 finals on Sunday. reDRagon vs. Time Splitters. Probably one of the best tag matches you'll see.

Mahonay

Banned
Makes perfect sense to me. TNA has worried more about big names and individuals (Sting, Hogan, Hardy, etc.) than they have about creating an identity for their brand. What is it that makes TNA special? Why should I watch them over other promotions? They have existed for 10+ years without actually giving themselves a reason to exist.

Makes sense now and I absolutely agree. Thanks dudes.

Gorillaz

Cant imagine the equivalent tag teams could pull off anything great today

Usos
Wyatts
Dusty Brahs

Maybe, wouldn't hold my breath

njean777

Cant imagine the equivalent tag teams could pull off anything great today

Usos
Wyatts
Dusty Brahs

Maybe, wouldn't hold my breath

Uso's maybe, Wyatt's seem to big to pull it off and probably would get hurt, goldfish may get hurt, but Cody could probably pull it off.

The Bucks, even if you despise them and their style, are undoubtedly one of the best teams going today - no other tag team is in such high demand as they are.

strobogo

Banned
Being in high demand doesn't mean you are great. At one point, Konnan was in high demand. At one point, Michael Hayes was in high demand. The Harris Brothers bounced between SMW, ECW, WWF (TWICE), WCW, and TNA. Are you saying the Harris Brothers were great?

I thought that might be the case. Makes perfect sense to me brehs!
Ie17FZ6.gif

I run my own forum elsewhere with my closer online buds. NeoGAF has typically served as a more general forum for me.

That said, you dudes ain't bad. These are my favorite threads on the site.

brent_rambo_still_approves.gif

Mahonay

Banned
The Bucks, even if you despise them and their style, are undoubtedly one of the best teams going today - no other tag team is in such high demand as they are.
Working machines. In the handful of indie shows I've been to, I've already seen them wrestle live twice.

Top Bottom