• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

BadAss2961

No more Alberto Del Rio? Oh well, he's been going nowhere for the longest anyway.

I guess he can always go back to Mexico and be a star.

Carnby

We're trusting 'sources' now?

The same sources that said Joey Mercury once got released for hitting Stephanie?

Dude, stop it. WWE cannot say they fired Del Rio because of his behavior unless it was true and they were confident that he wouldn't sue for slander. You keep bringing up story lines posted on WWE.com to back up your argument, and it makes you look ridiculous. Stop.

remnant

Banned
We're trusting 'sources' now?

The same sources that said Joey Mercury once got released for hitting Stephanie?

if ADR didn't have a rep for being an asshole backstage, maybe I wouldn't believe it.

But he does, so yeah i can believe that ADR blew up at a guy and hit them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dude, stop it. WWE cannot say they fired Del Rio because of his behavior unless it was true and they were confident that he wouldn't sue for slander. You keep bringing up story lines back your argument, and it makes you look ridiculous.

Again, they JUST fired Tenille for 'stealing' earlier this year. They were 'confident' then. And what are you talking about storylines? You're the one who looks ridiculous seemingly having some bias against ADR and saying 'well he clearly deserved it' when it's obvious you only think that because you don't like the guy not because anything or the situation was proven.

Would you have said Mark Henry deserved to be released if he knocked out Michael Hayes for being a racist? Why wasn't Joey Styles fired for knocking out JBL? Hugh Morris was proven to sexually harass his students, and he still has a job. But that's ok? You seriously think a wrestler hasn't hit a staff before and lived to tell about it? I could spend all day talking about all the stuff I've heard the Steiners have done to staff members.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Emma was arrested and sentenced to one day of community service for committing larceny. TRUE or FALSE?

Upon further evaluation, WWE has reinstated Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) but will take appropriate punitive action for her violation of the law.
Upon further evaluation meaning, 'hey we jumped the gun'

Carnby

Upon further evaluation meaning, 'hey we jumped the gun'

You didn't answer the question. Did she or did she not get arrested and convicted for larceny? The answer is yes, she did.

Whether WWE changed their mind on their firing has nothing to do with that she did steal an ipod case from walmart.

Alucard

Banned
Man, it really looked like Bully overshot the table with Dixie. Didn't she end up with some back pain or something after that? Recall a news story or two about that.

remnant

Banned
Again, they JUST fired Tenille for 'stealing' earlier this year. They were 'confident' then. And what are you talking about storylines? You're the one who looks ridiculous seemingly having some bias against ADR and saying 'well he clearly deserved it' when it's obvious you only think that because you don't like the guy not because anything or the situation was proven.

Would you have said Mark Henry deserved to be released if he knocked out Michael Hayes for being a racist? Why wasn't Joey Styles fired for knocking out JBL? Hugh Morris was proven to sexually harass his students, and he still has a job. But that's ok? You seriously think a wrestler hasn't hit a staff before and lived to tell about it? I could spend all day talking about all the stuff I've heard the Steiners have done to staff members.

Who the hell is Tenille?. Emma? The girl who did steal shit?

What is with this Mark Henry bullshit? If Mark henry attacked Hayes for being racist, yes he should be fired. If Joey Styles was fired after punching JBL, I wouldn't be crying for him either.

if wrestlers have treated staff like shit before in the past, than they should be punished. Why should ADR get a pass because Scott Steiner did something 15 years ago?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You didn't answer the question. Did she or did she not get arrested and convicted for larceny? The answer is yes, she did.

Whether WWE changed their mind on their firing has nothing to do with that she did steal an ipod case from walmart.

I don't even know what you're trying to argue anymore. She was fired and rehired because of pushback from several people backstage and online. She committed said crime and was punished for it but was quickly forgiven because of the situation that caused said crime. We do not know the situation that caused Alberto to behave in such a way and in the world of WWE where they 'protect' some serious scumbags, we shouldn't jump the gun about his firing either.

remnant

Banned
I don't even know what you're trying to argue anymore. She was fired and rehired because of pushback from several people backstage and online. She committed said crime and was punished for it but was quickly forgiven because of the situation that caused said crime. We do not know the situation that caused Alberto to behave in such a way and in the world of WWE where they 'protect' some serious scumbags, we shouldn't jump the gun about his firing either.
Notice that so far there has been no public outcry for ADR unjust punishment for hitting someone?

Alucard

Banned
Just saw the Cena/Lesnar hype video for Summerslam for the first time.

"I'm going to leave John Cena in a pile of blood, urine, and vomit."

Holy shit.

VoxPop

Bidding farewell to the Network and watching some random ppvs. Picked Starrcade 2000. Jung Dragons, 3 Count and random team of Evan Karagias & Jamie Noble in a triple threat tag ladder match to open it up. Seems like a really poor version of what The Hardys, E&C, and the Dudleyz put on the same year.

strobogo

Banned
WWE fires Sin Cara 1. Then Ricardo. They've been holding Rey hostage somehow. And now they fire ADR. What does WWE have against the Mexican people?

DMczaf

anyone have that recent brock gif that people have been posting? the one zoomed in on his upper body and yelling

Yuvd9Zk.gif

Someone from TNA called Dave trying to get Alberto Del RIo's number and said they wanted him as their next champ. I'm not even joking.

Notice that so far there has been no public outcry for ADR unjust punishment for hitting someone?

Especially for a thing that happened 2 (almost 3) days ago

This week sure has brought out some "interesting" thoughts from people (interesting meaning not-smart/good)

VoxPop

Lance Storm w/ Major Gunns and "Primetime" Elix Skipper. 2000-2001 WCW totally flew over my head. Don't remember a lot of this stuff.

The Cat disrupting Lance Storm's speech. Hilbilly fans throwing up the finger in crowd shots with no issue during the Canadian National Anthem.

VoxPop

Very interesting set of shows. I enjoyed all of it besides Spring Stampede 2000.

Yeah its pretty hilarious.

The Cat's theme is terrible unless this is a dub over due to licensing.

Maskless Rey is too lol. WCW was such a mess at this point.

Top Bottom