• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

VoxPop

I felt it stopped getting interesting once they left the TBS Saturday Night era.

Crowbar vs Funk in a hardcore match.

Mean Giene: "you stick around, and I'll let you put that flag on another pole, if you know what I mean" to Major Gunns. lmao wtf

Damn Kronik with the backwards K.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
oh and since sunny made that Metal Slug diss earlier, I had to repay it

Obsidian is incredibly overrated among the 'hardcore'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Revolution: We've had enough of this shit here in WCW, let's call a guy I know in WWF.

Hey we all got contracts!

Shane Douglas: Even me?

Radicalz: No sorry, no Shanes allowed club.

Franchise: But what about Shane McMahon?

Radicalz: No "Shanes", we're allowed one.

9/25 TNA

* MVP kicks off the show with Kenny King and Bobby Lashley. He cuts a promo and calls out Chris Melendez to join their group as their bag boy. He turned the offer down and King cut a promo on him, making fun of his prosthetic leg.

* Chris Melendez defeated Kenny King but got beat down after the quick match. Mr. Anderson made the save.

* A Knockouts Battle Royal with Jessicka Havok, Madison Rayne, Rebel, Velvet Sky and Angelina Love is up first. Havok dominated and won after last eliminating Velvet Sky.

* Bobby Roode vs. Bobby Lashley for the World Heavyweight Title is next. Lashley gets the win.

* Abyss defeated Samuel Shaw.

* Samoa Joe vs. Homicide with the X Division Title on the line ends when James Storm, Sanada and Manik attacked them both. Manik has new gear and a new mask after he was taken away by Storm and Sanada last week. They triple team and destroy Joe and Homicide.

* Tajiri vs. MVP vs. Austin Aries vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Abyss in a random match is next. Aries got the win.

* Low Ki defeated DJ Zema Ion.

Only a few more sets of tapings left (Manhattan Center in September)

I felt it stopped getting interesting once they left the TBS Saturday Night era.

Crowbar vs Funk in a hardcore match.

Mean Giene: "you stick around, and I'll let you put that flag on another pole, if you know what I mean" to Major Gunns. lmao wtf

Damn Kronik with the backwards K.

I used to watch every WCW Saturday Night. It was like my only WCW fix before Nitro. I was a mark for the dungeon of doom skits. Also loved Flair and the Horsemen. I liked anyone who tried to take out Hogan, because I really couldn't stand his red and yellow ass when he came in to WCW and 94 and started running over the roster. I also thought Paul Wight was really Andre's son. This is what happens when you didn't have internet. Finally got the internet in 97 or 98. My first wrestling secret I learned from the internet was that Kane was Isaac Yankem and fake Diesel.

DMczaf

http://imgur.com/gallery/HXjSO

UsGwO9M.png

6QbRIUO.png

AwGN7Gm.png

remnant

Banned
Someone from TNA called Dave trying to get Alberto Del RIo's number and said they wanted him as their next champ. I'm not even joking.

Now that sounds like bullshit. A TNA official calls Dave, and not Del Rio's agent? They don't call any contact at the WWE, AAA, or CMLL. They call Meltzer and tell him that TNA already plans to make him their champ?

Bullshit. More likely Dave heard that ADR sent feelers out and TNA responded first.

Now that sounds like bullshit. A TNA official calls Dave, and not Del Rio's agent? They don't call any contact at the WWE, AAA, or CMLL. They call Meltzer and tell him that TNA already plans to make him their champ?

Bullshit. More likely Dave heard that ADR sent feelers out and TNA responded first.

I don't know if they called Dave directly and asked for it, or if he heard from someone that they were calling wrestlers asking for his info. This is what Dave wrote

"TNA was trying to get his number 90 minutes ago. Next TNA champion is not a joke. Dead serious."

Could that be the last Impact ever on Spike?

I don't know when their actual contract ends. I thought it was the end of September or early October, but I've also seen one site say it's late October.

Sucks if it's late October, because then they beat WCW's lifespan by a week or two :[

I don't know when their actual contract ends. I thought it was the end of September or early October, but I've also seen one site say it's late October.

Sucks if it's late October, because then they beat WCW's lifespan by a week or two :[

They are doing another tv taping in NYC in September.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't know if they called Dave directly and asked for it, or if he heard from someone that they were calling wrestlers asking for his info. This is what Dave wrote

"TNA was trying to get his number 90 minutes ago. Next TNA champion is not a joke. Dead serious."

I never thought I'd say this after what happened to Magnus (who literally never won a match clean in his entire half year reign) but they did a great job with comedy jobber who hadn't won in over a year and Black Lesnar.

VoxPop

I used to watch every WCW Saturday Night. It was like my only WCW fix before Nitro. I was a mark for the dungeon of doom skits. Also loved Flair and the Horsemen. I liked anyone who tried to take out Hogan, because I really couldn't stand his red and yellow ass when he came in to WCW and 94 and started running over the roster. I also thought Paul Wight was really Andre's son. This is what happens when you didn't have internet. Finally got the internet in 97 or 98. My first wrestling secret I learned from the internet was that Kane was Isaac Yankem and fake Diesel.

Yeah great times. Wrestling without the internet was fantastic. Before you knew all the deep dark secrets. Before the birth of smarks.

Chavo was so ahead of guys like Shane Helms. Too bad he never got over. The irony is Mike Awesome vs BamBam in an ambulance match. Main events are Goldberg/Luger and Steiner/Sid lol. Starrcade was their mania, right?

remnant

Banned

So it's just Dave being a snarky ass. of course TNA is going to ask about ADR. He is a great wrestler,with a huge fanbase in Mexico. There is no downside to TNA having another great technical wrestler on the roster.

it's not TNA fault that the WWE wasted him

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So it's just Dave being a snarky ass. of course TNA is going to ask about ADR. He is a great wrestler,with a huge fanbase in Mexico. There is no downside to TNA having another great technical wrestler on the roster.

it's not TNA fault that the WWE wasted him

I really don't think the rumor is legit at all as ADR has to be one of the top paid guys in the WWE right now. They can't afford him besides maybe a limited engagement and that wouldn't be worth his time. He'd rather get KO'd in MMA again.

Yeah great times. Wrestling without the internet was fantastic. Before you knew all the deep dark secrets. Before the birth of smarks.

Chavo was so ahead of guys like Shane Helms. Too bad he never got over. The irony is Mike Awesome vs BamBam in an ambulance match. Main events are Goldberg/Luger and Steiner/Sid lol. Starrcade was their mania, right?

Really Chavo was only entertaining with Eddie. Chavo just never had the total package like him. Remember when Hogan turned the retarded dude with the rabbit into EVAD and had him hulking up? I just remembered he copied that shit pretty much 100% with Abyss in TNA. Starrcade was their main show yeah. I also liked War Games. I still remember a Road Wild where Dustin Rhodes fought Barry Darsow on the top of an 18 wheeler lol. The match was filmed from a helicopter above.

KissVibes

Banned
I just wanna say that I think Batista has a really cool look now. He looks like a kind dad that can kick your ass. Could be a good face if he returns to WWE.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Really Chavo was only entertaining with Eddie. Chavo just never had the total package like him. Remember when Hogan turned the retarded dude with the rabbit into EVAD and had him hulking up? I just remembered he copied that shit pretty much 100% with Abyss in TNA. Starrcade was their main show yeah. I also liked War Games. I still remember a Road Wild where Dustin Rhodes fought Barry Darsow on the top of an 18 wheeler lol. The match was filmed from a helicopter above.

You're right about the first part, it's basically an exact copy.

The second one, the infamous king of the road match, took place at Uncensored 1995.

I am going to be taking a break from WWE for the most part. The nWo reunion sort of has my interest a bit but I don't know if I'm going to give in. I am also going to skip Summerslam because I expect Cena to win and honestly will be surprised if Brock beats him.

In the meantime, Kayfabe Commentaries will not let me down hardly with anything they do including two upcoming releases which are a YouShoot with Brodus Clay and a Timeline of the year 1989 in WCW with Jim Cornette.

VoxPop

Yeah I was never a huge fan of Chavo but I'm enjoying some of his old stuff.

General Rection vs Shane Douglas. Never liked him as Hugh Morrus either.

The only WCW ppv I ever ordered was World War 3 one year. A royal rumble with three rings just sounded too badass to pass up. That was a mistake..

I am going to be taking a break from WWE for the most part. The nWo reunion sort of has my interest a bit but I don't know if I'm going to give in. I am also going to skip Summerslam because I expect Cena to win and honestly will be surprised if Brock beats him.

In the meantime, Kayfabe Commentaries will not let me down hardly with anything they do including two upcoming releases which are a YouShoot with Brodus Clay and a Timeline of the year 1989 in WCW with Jim Cornette.

You won't miss anything by not watching and you might find you have a more positive outlook on life without WWE in it. Just come back and watch the Rumble for surprises and Mania. Watching 3 hours of Raw every week could be used as a form of torture.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
holy shit, AJ Styles/Minoru Suzuki from Day 7 was fucking HYPE. Awesome match.

Day 7 was ridiculous, aparently day 8 is aswell

this is my first time watching a G1 and its basically blowing me away

Satch

Banned
hello wrassle gaf
tmCsH9M.gif

is there anything you guys could tell me about this Roman Reigns character

i saw gifs of him and he's hot so i would like to know more about him
9deUP.gif

Mengetsu

I feel like Sandow is in this weird spot where they want to release him but don't because of his "villain of each city" gimmick as "caught on"

x0-2234088.jpg.pagespeed.ic.M2OuEd3T7E.jpg

The best thing to come out of the whole thing. I still hate the treatment. Yea I know at least he's on TV but it still hurts :/

Edit:
hello wrassle gaf
tmCsH9M.gif

9deUP.gif

Hey Satch! Roman caught your eye eh? He is currently the babyface the females love and is primed to be put in the top spot in WWE right now. He was part of a group called The Shield when he came in almost two years ago but now is split and he is breaking out but the hardcore fans feel like he's not ready for the main spot. Good guy, great looker im a guy who loves my females but even I can't deny that he's attractive :lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I wish 2010 Batista was around and came back to WWE after GOTG with the biggest shit eating grin on his face.

It would print money. He would make fun of 12 Rounds and The Marine and not give a shit.

Man, I wish 2010 Batista was around and came back to WWE after GOTG with the biggest shit eating grin on his face.

It would print money. He would make fun of 12 Rounds and The Marine and not give a shit.
Would he take a jab at the Rock? Prob not but then again we can get a Rome vs Dave match since Rome be trying to defend his cuz

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
hello wrassle gaf
tmCsH9M.gif

9deUP.gif

We have a lot to show you
flDO57h.jpg

eej3kRy.gif

UuyGxyV.gif