• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Gorillaz

tumblr_static_bg9oqwu0yrs4k0w0k8g4w8ko8.gif

So those tapings are for the end of September. Shouldn't they have things set up for BFG by now? I mean it's on October 12 and one would think they'd want to hype it up and have matches set for more than two weeks.

The President of Spike was at the tapings tonight.

I don't know how much that means though. He lives in the area AFAIK and the product he saw will still be on his network given they taped through September, so it's still technically his product and he has a reason to want to see it even if they are cancelling it.

Satch

Banned
pdmXz.gif
pdmXz.gif
pdmXz.gif

does he come on raw or smackdown?

and what days do they come on?

is it still raw on mondays and smackdown on thursdays or did they change it? i havent watched wrestling since way back when Batista was in Triple H's clique and they used to bully Randy Orton.

thank you guys for the help and the gifs
ETCM7nK.gif

So those tapings are for the end of September. Shouldn't they have things set up for BFG by now? I mean it's on October 12 and one would think they'd want to hype it up and have matches set for more than two weeks.

I don't know how much that means though. He lives in the area AFAIK and the product he saw will still be on his network given they taped through September, so it's still technically his product and he has a reason to want to see it even if they are cancelling it.

Supposedly Spikes wants to buy a percentage of TNA and Dixie said no. That's why talks fell apart before. Keep in mind Jarrett and Toby Keith were going to buy TNA, but Dixie's dad said he wouldn't sell unless they kept Dixie as an on air character.

Gorillaz

the whole Raw/Smackdown split is nonexistent at this point.

Idk if Roman is on the bill for Friday but he will be at monday night Raw definitely

pdmXz.gif
pdmXz.gif
pdmXz.gif

is it still raw on mondays and smackdown on thursdays or did they change it? i havent watched wrestling since way back when Batista was in Triple H's clique and they used to bully Randy Orton.

ETCM7nK.gif

Reigns is on Raw which is on Mondays still, but it starts an hour early and the shows are now 3 hours long.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Supposedly Spikes wants to buy a percentage of TNA and Dixie said no. That's why talks fell apart before. Keep in mind Jarrett and Toby Keith were going to buy TNA, but Dixie's dad said he wouldn't sell unless they kept Dixie as an on air character.

Yep, nimrod is just using TNA as an excuse to 'I'M A STAR, MAMMA!'

Mengetsu

pdmXz.gif
pdmXz.gif
pdmXz.gif

ETCM7nK.gif
Raw is on Monday's still it's 3 hours you will catch him there 99% of the time as he's in a feud with Orton now for SummerSlam. Smackdown is on Fridays On SyFy but maybe moving back to Thursday's soon.

Yeah, I've heard about that. I'm not sure how much the Carters have changed their stance since then though. Of course, if they have no other option, they might do it. Dixie seems to have too much pride for her own good at this point though. The house is on fire and she's acting like she can fix it with a garden hose.

I guess...though i have always felt Eugene is one of the most damaging things the WWE have done to their brand, but he did get pops.

Well, it didn't help his wrestling career much. I mean the stink of Eugene is forever stuck to Nick Dinsmore. But at least he was rehired as a NXT trainer. Just hope the budget cuts don't effect him

What's everyone's predictions for G1 tonight? I'm thinking they finally pull the trigger and put Okada vs. Nakamura in the finals. Tanahashi vs. AJ in the 3rd place match. I think it'll be some combo of those though. I don't think Fale or Shibata get in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jesus, if Suzuki/Styles is the best match, Nak/Ishii is a VERY CLOSE second

iQcFwVd56eXwc.gif

LARIATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I liked Nak v Ishii more than Suzuki v AJ but im a Nak and Ishii fanboy

edit: also maybe dont pose in the middle of a Ishii match, because you might get your fucking face smashed in?

iBQrW4D205kYo.gif

iQcFwVd56eXwc.gif

LARIATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I liked Nak v Ishii more than Suzuki v AJ but im a Nak and Ishii fanboy

edit: also maybe dont pose in the middle of a Ishii match, because you might get your fucking face smashed in?

iBQrW4D205kYo.gif
They're about even for me, as i think about it, but that Suzuki/Styles ending sequence is just incredible. and the run-ins too!
That is to say, absolutely, Phil Collins is that motherfucker.
gonna need gif evidence for that one, and then some

Aiii

So not worth it
I am happy Del Rio finally got released, I never have to sit through on of his mind-numbingly boring promo's or matches ever again.

He was by far the most boring wrestler in that company and that includes Kane vs. Big Show matches.

I am happy Del Rio finally got released, I never have to sit through on of his mind-numbingly boring promo's or matches ever again.

He was by far the most boring wrestler in that company and that includes Kane vs. Big Show matches.

You know you could've just changed the channel. Nobody forces you to watch a certain segment.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know you could've just changed the channel. Nobody forces you to watch a certain segment.

I couldn't change the channel, but I could fast forward through his stuff, that's true.

But if they spend 20 minutes on Del Rio, they aren't spending 20 minutes on someone I like to watch. Or if they put the world title on him instead of CM Punk, I still have to deal with him. For instance.

Hasney

What is Roberto Dos Nile doing in the Impact Zone, Tazz?!?!?!

What is Albert Rodríguez doing in the Impact Zone?!

If I watched Impact and assuming it stays afloat I would be counting down the weeks until "WHATS LORENZO DOS CARAS DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?!?!"

OH MY GOD TAZ, WHAT ARE RICKY RODRIGUEZ AND RIO DEL ALBERTO DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?!

I think we need to have more creative meetings so our commentary team knows the names of the talents, guys.

Goddamn budget cuts.

NoRéN

ADR should have just married a popular dude and ride his coattails. Opportunity missed.

I couldn't change the channel, but I could fast forward through his stuff, that's true.

But if they spend 20 minutes on Del Rio, they aren't spending 20 minutes on someone I like to watch. Or if they put the world title on him instead of CM Punk, I still have to deal with him. For instance.

Then fast forward!

Top Bottom