• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Aiii

So not worth it

So when one of your co-worker slaps you and gets fired, would you want people to go "ah, poor guy got released, I feel so bad for him losing his livelihood."

Come on, Brodus Clay was a good guy that didn't need a "HAHAHAHAHAHA CLAY GOT FIRED" response. Hardly the same thing here.

Plus, lets be real, Del Rio will make tons on the indies if he wants to, and has made tons in the past. He's fine, unless he blew all his money on Lamborghini's.

So when one of your co-worker slaps you and gets fired, would you want people to go "ah, poor guy got released, I feel so bad for him losing his livelihood."

Come on, Brodus Clay was a good guy that didn't need a "HAHAHAHAHAHA CLAY GOT FIRED" response. Hardly the same thing here.

Plus, lets be real, Del Rio will make tons on the indies if he wants to, and has made tons in the past. He's fine, unless he blew all his money on Lamborghini's.

he should be fine, because, you see, he rented all those lambos

Aiii

So not worth it
he should be fine, because, you see, he rented all those lambos

Maybe it would have been cheaper to buy one, instead of renting two different cars each week?

'Everyone is stronger after working with Cena. It's not Cena's fault!'

This is a real argument people have, and they honestly mean it.

"Even though he lost, they made him look really good in there, he went toe to toe with Cena"

Lets face it, we all thought that at one point or another. Only to get disappointed after.

Hasney

Well it sounds like Sheamus and Hunico had their alleged little fight at the right time then if slapping a co worker is enough to get you fired.

Wonder if the urge to shit somewhere he shouldn't is going to overpower Orton soon.

Maybe it would have been cheaper to buy one, instead of renting two different cars each week?
good point, friend. However, he also fired his servant, stopped driving cars to the ring, and cut the intro to his music. Even Mexico's Greatest Export has budget cuts
'Everyone is stronger after working with Cena. It's not Cena's fault!'

This is a real argument people have, and they honestly mean it.

RAW_1092_Photo_080.jpg

i'm afraid i just don't know what you're talking about

Aiii

So not worth it
But what if the guy had a slappable face? Did you ever stop to consider that?

There is saying something in jest, and actually doing something bean breath, I'm sure you can understand the difference.

Well it sounds like Sheamus and Hunico had their alleged little fight at the right time then if slapping a co worker is enough to get you fired.

Wonder if the urge to shit somewhere he shouldn't is going to overpower Orton soon.

This is a good point actually, I guess there is a double standard in fighting between wrestlers and fighting between a wrestler and another employee in WWE. That is weird.

Del Rio also once kept attacking Sin Cara after the ref did an x-sign, maybe it was a sum of incidents thing?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ADR was also rumored to be one of the guys along with Punk who was pissed about the new PPV payday thing with the Network. And with budget cuts, I imagine it just got a whole lot worse when he knew he could probably make more in Mexico while working a more lax schedule and have time to be with his family.

ADR, and I'm paying Punk a compliment here so listen up, isn't a mark for the business. They're marks for themselves, but they also know when they're getting worked for money because of WWE being cheap asses. I mean, shit, NXT is them making their factory to produce 'stars'(whether it pays off or not, I have my doubts). They want to control all aspects and get everyone under the umbrella as willing as can be. They want to pay their stars cheaper, and you can't do that with a guy like ADR who was a draw in Mexico or a guy like Punk who has enough money that he doesn't need to stick around anymore. They're not going to say, 'Gosh golly Vince, i'd love to work for 50% of what I made last year! I'd love to destroy my body for you for that!'

It's going to keep happening. Full Sail is some indoctrinating shit to get their next generation to feel like they owe WWE and have to work for them. Others will go because of these budget cuts, and I have a feeling it'll be a lot more than we think.

Aiii

So not worth it
ADR was also rumored to be one of the guys along with Punk who was pissed about the new PPV payday thing with the Network. And with budget cuts, I imagine it just got a whole lot worse when he knew he could probably make more in Mexico while working a more lax schedule and have time to be with his family.

ADR, and I'm paying Punk a compliment here so listen up, isn't a mark for the business. They're marks for themselves, but they also know when they're getting worked for money because of WWE being cheap asses. I mean, shit, NXT is them making their factory to produce 'stars'(whether it pays off or not, I have my doubts). They want to control all aspects and get everyone under the umbrella as willing as can be. They want to pay their stars cheaper, and you can't do that with a guy like ADR who was a draw in Mexico or a guy like Punk who has enough money that he doesn't need to stick around anymore. They're not going to say, 'Gosh golly Vince, i'd love to work for 50% of what I made last year! I'd love to destroy my body for you for that!'

It's going to keep happening. Full Sail is some indoctrinating shit to get their next generation to feel like they owe WWE and have to work for them. Others will go because of these budget cuts, and I have a feeling it'll be a lot more than we think.

You are probably correct, yeah. Then again, most wrestlers probably still get the same downside and aside from WrestleMania pay-offs (if they were on the card there), were probably not making that much extra to begin with. The top guys/girls probably make more on the merchandising side of income than the PPV pay-offs anyways. But I honestly wouldn't know, they keep that shit indoors.

Regardless, I'm sure a guy like Sami made plenty in the indies, but working down in NXT or main WWE probably has more advantages than having to go through getting bookings and shit yourself.

Did you just baby-girl-actions-speak-louder-than-words me?

Well gosh bean breath, I guess I did.
tumblr_n94xvocTkD1s99tceo2_500.gif

Del Rio seemed like a bit of a prick so its not shocking he eventually did something to get fired.

You dont get away with that kind of stuff unless you sell merch and boost ratings like Punk or are in Triple H's good graces like Orton.

The current state of the company is probably making these guys more stressed then they normally are as well so I wont be shocked if a more heated situations pop up.

Del Rio seemed like a bit of a prick so its not shocking he eventually did something to get fired.

You dont get away with that kind of stuff unless you sell merch and boost ratings like Punk or are in Triple H's good graces like Orton.
What about when Summer Rae slapped the spit out of Natalya?

alstein

ADR, I liked the matches, but the character was just flat.

Maybe he'll be a surprise for Triplemania or something. Really hoping AAA gets an English-language TV deal, they'd have the best shot of any promotion to be a legit #2 if they did it right.

So whenever Batista comes back, would he be a face? I actually think he'll get cheered as long as the company doesn't try to force him down our throats.

Nevermind, he'll be a heel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did...did Ishii just do a lariat and especially a fucking brainbuster on a dislocated shoulder? O_O

the dude is a monster

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mitsuharu Misawa vs Steve Williams (1994 Triple Crown Championship.
Steve Williams denies Misawa a 2 year record
)
backdropuuuubpzel.gif

'Hey guys, why do you think Misawa died at such an early--OH JESUS!'

Dr Death did a sweet gutwrench powebomb too, and I thought how awesome Real Americans would be with Dutch and Steve. Steve looks like a 'dont tread on me' guy

kiguel182

I just want to say that yesterday, after ADR got released, my sucky day got better and ended in a pretty positive note.

I'm not saying those things are related but it's important to note this.

krae_man

Lol big show beats up a production guy to the point WWE gets sued and nothing happens. Del Rio slaps someone and gets fired?

WWE sure likes to be selective with its "no getting physical with staff not trained to handle it" rule.

Aiii

So not worth it
I like Cesaro's theme and I'll be damned if we're gonna pretend this is worse than Jim Johnston making ever woman's theme bubbly and sex-based. Layla's still coming out to a theme that says she can't get enough dick.

jmdajr

Haha. Man some act like WWE is the only entity that wants to get more for less from their talent. NXT indoctrination? LoL. It's all about the game and how you play it and if you don't want to you don't have to. I mean let's see. Why is the poor expendable running back not getting paid the same as the QB? Or why is War Machine not getting the same pay day as Iron Man? Hmmmm. That's just how it is. In the WWE if you aren't a top 5 guy, you ain't getting paid and Del Rio wasn't even top 10 at this point. Now I don't know if Cena is giving the LeBron discount but he's gonna get his mula one way or another. And after saying all that obviously WWE isn't immaculate and sometimes they let go of worthy people and keep trash just like any other roster out there in sports, entertainment or not. But it's all part of the Game.

So hey this isn't fantasy land, this isn't fucking WCW...but if you do work for a company like that, hoard your money now before the ship crashes and burns.

Del Rio please call Dixie

Raw64life

Mitsuharu Misawa vs Steve Williams (1994 Triple Crown Championship.
Steve Williams denies Misawa a 2 year record
)
backdropuuuubpzel.gif

'Hey guys, why do you think Misawa died at such an early--OH JESUS!'

Dr Death did a sweet gutwrench powebomb too, and I thought how awesome Real Americans would be with Dutch and Steve. Steve looks like a 'dont tread on me' guy

How Kenta Kobashi is still walking among the living after this I will never understand.

Aiii

So not worth it
Guys, if anyone ever asks you to be a forum admin (or a mod for that matter), DO NOT ACCEPT!

For the love of God, do not accept. It's the shittiest no-pay job you can take. People will hate your guts for being a shitty mod, they will hate your guts for closing or moving a topic. They will hate you for reprimanding them and if you work on the technical side of things they will complain about every little thing, working or not working as if it's the fucking end of the world.

It will literally drive you mad, batshit insane and possibly homicidal.
No, I'm not about to actually kill someone, it's hyperbole guys, hyperbole. I think. I hope.

strobogo

Banned
Guys, if anyone ever asks you to be a forum admin (or a mod for that matter), DO NOT ACCEPT!

For the love of God, do not accept. It's the shittiest no-pay job you can take. People will hate your guts for being a shitty mod, they will hate your guts for closing or moving a topic. They will hate you for reprimanding them and if you work on the technical side of things they will complain about every little thing, working or not working as if it's the fucking end of the world.

No, I'm not about to actually kill someone, it's hyperbole guys, hyperbole. I think. I hope.

It must suck so much to not be able to stop yourself from doing all those good deeds, even when they are difficult things to do.

Alucard

Banned

ARE YOU A NARC?

Top Bottom