• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Verendus

Banned
BuhXra1IIAAEFat.jpg:large
It's happening.

We've moved beyond PS2/Xbox. We're now PS3/360 level. Is this real life? We've moved forward one baby step.

RP912

Banned
I need to see movement though.

The characters look amazing but they could be moving in 10 fps via smackdown vs raw 2008.

Guys, if anyone ever asks you to be a forum admin (or a mod for that matter), DO NOT ACCEPT!

For the love of God, do not accept. It's the shittiest no-pay job you can take. People will hate your guts for being a shitty mod, they will hate your guts for closing or moving a topic. They will hate you for reprimanding them and if you work on the technical side of things they will complain about every little thing, working or not working as if it's the fucking end of the world.

It will literally drive you mad, batshit insane and possibly homicidal.
No, I'm not about to actually kill someone, it's hyperbole guys, hyperbole. I think. I hope.

I couldn't say no to the T-U-R-T-L-E POWAH friend

Verendus

Banned
I want to see the gameplay first.
I'm sure that'll remain the same. You're asking too much.

They just moved us one whole generation forward in graphics. One whole generation. You now expect gameplay improvement too? At least give them a few years to rest. So greedy.

njean777

Am I a monster for not liking any wrestling before attitude/ruthless aggression/pg era? Like I really cannot stand 80's wrestling at all. Hulk was ok when he did the heel turn but everybody else that are legends are boring to me or I have no interest in them. I do not hate them mind you, but I just do not get excited about them at all.

Aka: salty that the collectors edition for 2k15 is all hogan.

strobogo

Banned
Am I a monster for not liking any wrestling before attitude/ruthless aggression/pg era? Like I really cannot stand 80's wrestling at all. Hulk was ok when he did the heel turn but everybody else that are legends are boring to me or I have no interest in them. I do not hate them mind you, but I just do not get excited about them at all.

Not really. If you didn't start watching before the late 90s, I can see how one might not have an appreciation for the 70s/80s style in the same way that many people in their mid 20s and young have issues watching movies/TV shows from the 80s or earlier.

It's obvious from the start that Del Rio (Dos Caras Jr.) [Alberto Rodriguez] couldn't mesh with American culture. It's funny because, you know, Mexico is often times forgotten to be apart of the North American continent. And you would think, well, one would think that, being from the same continent, well that he would be able to adapt moving a little north. And thats why, again this has been kind of the book on him for a number of years, that, the whole angle with Swagger and Zeb Coulter (Dutch Mantel) derived from Del Rio's inability to assimilate. And you know Bince was able to play up ghis, you know a lot of people, say Fox News and such thought the angle was about Mexican immigration. But no, it was strictly about Del Rio. And this was a situation okay, where Vince was saying "Okay, I'll allude to this and you think I'm alluding to this. And you'll give me great heat. But I'm not going to feel guilty about it because it's not about that, but this. It's great business." And that's just typical Vince. If you were to go back to the mid 90's and the things they were doing in AAA and een things like CMLL or even Federal Lucha, slapping is like...in a way, it's you know, it's commonplace. It's not like how it's a vhairshot to ghe back of a head here nowadays. Same continent different meaning and he just couldn't adapt. It's just that in Mexico, slapping doesn't have the roots in feminism or primal human nature. It's not one of those things like "oh I'm asserting myself over you" its more like "repent for what you've done you may have just disrespected me." With the religous background and being Catholic and being guilty. It's just, I don't know, it's kind of like Japanese strong style. With that shameful dulture, it might be the place for Del Rio. But as I talked about last night TNA has been tryint to get in touch, AAA has been trying to get in touch.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

kirblar

Not at all, I'm the same way. The push towards '80s style booking and away from the '00s Kreski-era style over the last decade was a massive mistake.

WWE 2K15 already outdated with that neongreen Cena:
CenaRed-EP-Shop.jpg

Cosmetic dlc option

As we previously noted, WWE has been wanting to come up with some tie in between Kane’s “See No Evil” character Jacob Goodnight and his TV character. This has lead to speculation that Kane removed his mask on Raw this week and gave it to Stephanie because WWE intends to bring the Jacob Goodnight character to TV.
TAvchuQ.gif

Why?

Xater

Not really. If you didn't start watching before the late 90s, I can see how one might not have an appreciation for the 70s/80s style in the same way that many people in their mid 20s and young have issues watching movies/TV shows from the 80s or earlier.

I started watching during the New Generation era. Still I don't think much of the 80s stuff. There are a couple of people I really like, Hogan though is certainly not one of them. To be perfectly honest I don't think any era is better than any other. There always just were really good wrestlers and probably lots crappy ones. Kinda like with everything else.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, Meltzer just posted this on the F4W boards about Del Rio being fired and AJ not getting fired over the Beadle incident (as Bryan Alvarez and Lance Storm speculated she was only safe because of being Punk's girlfriend a d things would have been different had that happened today):
dave said:
A.J. wasn't safe at all.

There was a reason she wasn't fired and it had nothing to do with Punk being her boyfriend nor how good a performer she was, although her star power did play into it.

The decision was made to fire her but Vince overruled it because he saw the big picture. It's very complicated, but in that issue, Vince was savvy way beyond those underneath him and saw what would happen long-term and made the big picture smart call. If that happened now, the situation would be the same and she wouldn't be fired for the same reason. Her being fired for that specific incident would have caused a chain of events to happen next that Vince thought would do the company more harm than good. There is no guarantee he was right in how he thought it would play out but it was far more foresight than is usually exhibited in these situations.

Cost cutting had nothing to do with Del Rio's firing. You can be sympathetic to him, but the company had no choice in the matter.

DMczaf

Even though I'm loving Triple H and Steph during this Summerslam build up, I am also loving that these segments are complete ratings bombs every time.

There is only one Ratings God in the company, and his name rhymes with BROCK LESNAR.

So, Meltzer just posted this on the F4W boards about Del Rio being fired and AJ not getting fired over the Beadle incident (as Bryan Alvarez and Lance Storm speculated she was only safe because of being Punk's girlfriend a d things would have been different had that happened today):

tldr: Some idiot thought it was ok to fire her but Vinec overruled it because Beadle was the instigator in the first place, so fuck her

Also, AJ didn't hit anybody, Del Rio smacked a mofucka

geomon

It's obvious from the start that Del Rio (Dos Caras Jr.) [Alberto Rodriguez] couldn't mesh with American culture. It's funny because, you know, Mexico is often times forgotten to be apart of the North American continent. And you would think, well, one would think that, being from the same continent, well that he would be able to adapt moving a little north. And thats why, again this has been kind of the book on him for a number of years, that, the whole angle with Swagger and Zeb Coulter (Dutch Mantel) derived from Del Rio's inability to assimilate. And you know Bince was able to play up ghis, you know a lot of people, say Fox News and such thought the angle was about Mexican immigration. But no, it was strictly about Del Rio. And this was a situation okay, where Vince was saying "Okay, I'll allude to this and you think I'm alluding to this. And you'll give me great heat. But I'm not going to feel guilty about it because it's not about that, but this. It's great business." And that's just typical Vince. If you were to go back to the mid 90's and the things they were doing in AAA and een things like CMLL or even Federal Lucha, slapping is like...in a way, it's you know, it's commonplace. It's not like how it's a vhairshot to ghe back of a head here nowadays. Same continent different meaning and he just couldn't adapt. It's just that in Mexico, slapping doesn't have the roots in feminism or primal human nature. It's not one of those things like "oh I'm asserting myself over you" its more like "repent for what you've done you may have just disrespected me." With the religous background and being Catholic and being guilty. It's just, I don't know, it's kind of like Japanese strong style. With that shameful dulture, it might be the place for Del Rio. But as I talked about last night TNA has been tryint to get in touch, AAA has been trying to get in touch.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Please tell me this is a joke.

jmdajr

Hmm I guess I missed this part...

Based on sketchy stories and what wrestlers have been talking about, at catering, somebody asked the person to clean off his plate. The person joked something along the lines of how that's Del Rio's job. Del Rio found out and confronted him. As the story goes, he didn't apologize and then smiled at him, and Del Rio slapped him.

strobogo

Banned
I'd like to know what the bigger picture is that prevented AJ from getting fired. Is it the same one Nexus was talking about?

Hmm I guess I missed this part...

I saw this too, and it honestly wouldn't surprise me at all. We've got stories of Del Rio kicking the piss out of people, right? I remember hearing him and Drew got in a brawl with some dudes around Summerslam time because the dudes were harassing women and they stepped in.

tldr; Del Rio got fired for stopping racism

DMczaf

My mighty heart breaks every time I see this GIF.

That moment happened to me yesterday after working with some people. We were saying our goodbyes, the dude shook my supervisor's hand, he began walking past me and I stuck my hand out...he just walked by it and got in his car.

I wanted to hold Wrassler's Court right there on that motherfucker....

Aiii

So not worth it
I saw this too, and it honestly wouldn't surprise me at all. We've got stories of Del Rio kicking the piss out of people, right? I remember hearing him and Drew got in a brawl with some dudes around Summerslam time because the dudes were harassing women and they stepped in.

tldr; Del Rio got fired for stopping racism

No, he got fired for physically assaulting a co-worker. Even if the guy was a racist fuck, you don't lay hands on other people, esp. co-workers. You bring that shit to your superiors or HR and have them deal with the idiot.

No, he got fired for physically assaulting a co-worker. Even if the guy was a racist fuck, you don't lay hands on other people, esp. co-workers. You bring that shit to your superiors or HR and have them deal with the idiot.

Why do you shield racists, Aiii?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING

But ya Del Rio took a wrestler's mentality into a situation that didn't warrant it. Kinda like what MVP did.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why do you shield racists, Aiii?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING

But ya Del Rio took a wrestler's mentality into a situation that didn't warrant it. Kinda like what MVP did.

I am not, if he was being racist, guy should be fired on the spot.

But don't answer with violence, never the answer.

She sells merch.

Meltzer did mention star power being part of it, I am guessing it was more a mainstream media shitstorm that would have happened. They downplayed it by having Beadle downplay on Twitter and not having any formal consequences in public.

njean777

I don't blame del rio, sometimes people need to be slapped.

I don't care for mindless violence, but a slap isn't going to kill you.

jred2k

It's a shame Del Rio didn't just big boot a cameraman instead. Those guys deserve the old what for every now and then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am not, if he was being racist, guy should be fired on the spot.

But don't answer with violence, never the answer.

So wrong! Violence solves so many problems.

Top Bottom