• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Sephzilla

Oh GOD I remember people talking about this in here

Heenan immediately not trusting Hogan was fucking awesome, because he NEVER did. Heenan was finally right, there.

It would have been more suspicious if Heenan didn't say something that made Hogan look negative. However I think Heenan should have said something different like "Look at this egomaniac! He has no business out here!"

Oh GOD I remember people talking about this in here

Heenan immediately not trusting Hogan was fucking awesome, because he NEVER did. Heenan was finally right, there.

I wasn't watching wrestling at the time. I learned about the nWo from some kid in my neighborhood that was writing "nWo" everywhere with spray paint and chalk.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That mother fucker with the punt kick finisher
deankicks0gu5f.gif

So that five stages of being a WWE fan was some bullshit. Maybe someone who had watched wrestling in the last five years should have written it. Big Show Mayweather was when?

Anyways...

He didn't spoil Planet of the Apes for you, because he didn't tell you if it was the remake or not. I'll spoil that. The original ending is he finds out that the planet he is on has been Earth all along, and that ending was written by the late great Rod Serling, easily the master of the twist ending.

The Marky Mark Planet of the Apes uses an ending much more similar to the novel, where in he thinks he gets back to earth, but is on a parallel version of Earth where the humans were all apes instead, so like, Abraham Lincoln is an ape at the Lincoln memorial.

Now you've had them spoiled.

strobogo

Banned
So that five stages of being a WWE fan was some bullshit. Maybe someone who had watched wrestling in the last five years should have written it. Big Show Mayweather was when?

Anyways...

He didn't spoil Planet of the Apes for you, because he didn't tell you if it was the remake or not. I'll spoil that. The original ending is he finds out that the planet he is on has been Earth all along, and that ending was written by the late great Rod Serling, easily the master of the twist ending.

The Marky Mark Planet of the Apes uses an ending much more similar to the novel, where in he thinks he gets back to earth, but is on a parallel version of Earth where the humans were all apes instead, so like, Abraham Lincoln is an ape at the Lincoln memorial.

Sounds like a DC writer's dream. Ape Lincoln!

Xater

Anyways...

I actually learned something from that. To this day I didn't know Planet of the Apes was actually based on a novel. Is it still worth reading?

I still don#t appreciate being reminded of the bad Tim Burton version.

It's so odd for me to imagine a time when people went into POTA not knowing the twist. If you go in expecting a space travel movie, the premise is ridiculous but in the guise of a time travel movie, it just seems smarter in a way.

It would have been more suspicious if Heenan didn't say something that made Hogan look negative. However I think Heenan should have said something different like "Look at this egomaniac! He has no business out here!"

I wish he didn't say but who's side is he on, it ruined it a little. Was he told to say that, or was he shooting?

If Bronson had worked for ECW:

ibvPYXXdC8yiB.gif

wtf at that bump, fuck you 911 you unsafe bastard

And yo, we only get on Heenan in hindsight because of what transpired after. He literally did that shit every time Hogan popped up on screen. It's basically the crazy guy actually being right, once.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Public Enemy is wrestling High Voltage who look like beefed up NATURALZ.

I am surprised how over Public Enemy are in WCW. I'm not sure how I feel about Public Enemy, but I can't hate on how good they are with a crowd. And I love how 90s their attire is.

I wish he didn't say but who's side is he on, it ruined it a little. Was he told to say that, or was he shooting?

I wonder if Tony Schiavone gave him the stink eye after that line, like Kobe Bryant mad dogging his teammates whenever they do anything other than pass him the ball.

I actually learned something from that. To this day I didn't know Planet of the Apes was actually based on a novel. Is it still worth reading?

I still don#t appreciate being reminded of the bad Tim Burton version.

It's a French novel. I've never read it, so I can't recommend it or not, but again, credit to Rod Serling for adding THAT ending to his adapted screenplay.

Ithil

I'd like to know what the bigger picture is that prevented AJ from getting fired. Is it the same one Nexus was talking about?

Probably that the news story would blow over quickly, and firing her would just rob them of one of their only female stars for nothing.
Which was right. Who even remembers that story by now? It would be have a stupid to fire her over it if they had.

Also firing her would have made the story bigger, instead of just brushing it under the rug.

Sephzilla

wtf at that bump, fuck you 911 you unsafe bastard

And yo, we only get on Heenan in hindsight because of what transpired after. He literally did that shit every time Hogan popped up on screen. It's basically the crazy guy actually being right, once.

Exactly, in hindsight he gave it away.

Nobody in their right mind actually believed him when Heenan said it, because he's said stuff just like that for 10 years.

I wonder if Tony Schiavone gave him the stink eye after that line, like Kobe Bryant mad dogging his teammates whenever they do anything other than pass him the ball.

Kobe-Bryant-Stares-Down-Coach-Mike-Brown-Lakers-Jazz-Game.gif

Anth0ny

This is a company that employs bullies in positions of power.

JBL soaps up multiple guys asses and harasses someone so badly that he quits the company. Performs a nazi gesture in Germany -- still with the company.

Michael Hayes is a notorious racist who Simon Dean even said he has no idea how he's still alive -- still with the company.

Michael Cole calls someone a fag on twitter -- still with the company

Bill Demott has multiple accusations of harassment of students. Fired for it in the past. Rehired for no reason. Multiple students step out to accuse him -- still with the company

Bob Holly -- known bully. Physically abuses younger wrestlers and takes advantage of him being their 'guide' in the ring -- Employed for YEARS

ADR slaps somebody -- fired.

There is no way ADR is fired if this Network wasn't struggling and they weren't ready to cut costs like a mother fucker.

I bet if Fandango yawned near Vince he'd be let go right about now.

BHZ Mayor

Remember that time Bobby Heenan spoiled Hogan's heel turn?

Maybe I'm slow, or maybe because it already happened (and I didn't watch it at the time), but I don't really understand how saying "whose side is he on" was spoiling the turn, especially if you guys are saying he never trusted Hogan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
*Awesome Horsemen theme plays*
'Oh cool, who's coming out? Arn? Malenko? Benoit?...'
image23xciu.jpg

This might be the biggest blue balls I've ever experienced in wrestling. You can NOT come out to the Horsemen theme, the greatest theme of all time, without being a certain degree of awesome. Instead, I get these three.

Exactly, in hindsight he gave it away.

Nobody in their right mind actually believed him when Heenan said it, because he's said stuff just like that for 10 years.

Pretty much. Him saying who's side is he on did two things:

Remind people that the NWO's third guy still hadn't shown up
Have people wonder why Hogan is coming out (beyond the obvious 'help out')

I would dial the numbers
Just to listen to your breath
I would stand inside my Hell
And hold the hand of death
You don't know how far I'd go
Just to ease this precious ache
You don't know how much I'd give
Or just how much I can take

Just to reach you
Just to reach you
Just to reach you

Come to my window
Crawl insode, wait by the light of the moon
Cometo my window
I'll be home soon

DMczaf

So did Arn Anderson pass the That Motherfucker torch to Dean Malenko?

Who did Malenko pass the torch to after that?

Is there even a That Motherfucker torch?

I find it all kind of weird that they let Brock say piss and shit (censored but y'know, it always was). I was thinking since it's on a video package, they can censor it for the live audience too. Even so - it's not very kiddie friendly which is what I thought WWE was focusing on these days. It's definitely more of a 13-16 year old boy thing.

Personally I hope they stop the PG stuff sooner. It widens out how ridiculous this stuff can get, and how offensive, and wrong, and also fun in a gruesome and dank kind of way.

I think a lot of people saying ADR was no good are afraid to admit that he did a lot in four years and had a great run for the first half of his brief career.

Did a lot in four years? He was given a lot in four years, without receiving any kind of reaction 99% of the time. He was their chosen next Mexican star and was pushed and pushed and pushed when it wasn't warranted, his accomplishments don't mean much to me.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Has the Evan Bourne YouShoot been mentioned in the thread yet? http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201...e-talks-big-show-great-khali-backstage-fight/

Former WWE star Matt Sydal, f.k.a. Evan Bourne, recently did a YouShoot interview. In the clip above, Sydal was asked if he ever saw a backstage fight during his time with WWE. Sydal mentioned the Big Show - Great Khali fight in 2009 in Puerto Rico. Sydal noted that both men basically tumbled on the ground and fell on a bunch of bags. It was reported at the time that Big Show approached Khali and threw the first punch, which Khali blocked. After they fell to the ground, Khali was able to mount Show and slap him several times before the fight was broken up.

Sounds hilarious to be a witness of.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
*Awesome Horsemen theme plays*
'Oh cool, who's coming out? Arn? Malenko? Benoit?...'
image23xciu.jpg

This might be the biggest blue balls I've ever experienced in wrestling. You can NOT come out to the Horsemen theme, the greatest theme of all time, without being a certain degree of awesome. Instead, I get these three.

That's Ric Flair's hand picked (Chosen if you will) successor, bite your tongue and show some respect, friend.

Top Bottom