• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Man God

Non-Canon Member
J E Double F id B U Double l e T Club

tumblr_na335nZknK1qmjon7o1_500.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDmlNfwe_HM

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol at people online who do 'lol@smarks' like you aren't one of them or something. you and i both know to stop fronting like you're above that. you are blogging about japanese wrestling and staying up to watch it at 5 am. you're a smark.

people on other sites are dumb

lol at people online who do 'lol@smarks' like you aren't one of them or something. you and i both know to stop fronting like you're above that. you are blogging about japanese wrestling and staying up to watch it at 5 am. you're a smark.

It's not like we don't have a few here who act in a similar fashion, look down on smarks and seem to think they're above holding dumb opinions. By definition, everyone on the internet talking about wrestling is a smark, but even if you think someone's opinion is ridiculous or seems plain stupid to you, that doesn't mean it should be disrespected. /Cena

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's not like we don't have a few here who act in a similar fashion, look down on smarks and seem to think they're above holding dumb opinions. By definition, everyone on the internet talking about wrestling is a smark, but even if you think someone's opinion is ridiculous or seems plain stupid to you, that doesn't mean it should be disrespected. /Cena

But their opinion is disrespecting other peoples opinions. So I feel obligated to tell them how stupid they sound.

We are all dumb wrestling fans. It's amazing that some people see stuff happen on their wrestling show and feel obligated to run online and go WELL I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW YOU IDIOTS WILL ACT. GLAD IM NOT LIKE YOU. I AM COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

I think the Jarrett angle puts them right on the precipice of stupidity, but I don't think they've crossed the line yet. Even with all the belts, the Bullet Club just kind of felt... there. This was a big angle that got the desired reaction and heats them back up. Now, I'm not sure this is the angle I'd have use to get that result, but I don't think it's to the point of being ridiculous. Almost. Very close. But not quite.

DiscoJon

Banned

But their opinion is disrespecting other peoples opinions. So I feel obligated to tell them how stupid they sound.

We are all dumb wrestling fans. It's amazing that some people see stuff happen on their wrestling show and feel obligated to run online and go WELL I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW YOU IDIOTS WILL ACT. GLAD IM NOT LIKE YOU. I AM COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

W7WmFaQ.jpg

Well, I may have mentioned that I thought you'd really dislike the Bullet Club stuff that occurred on today's show, but I'd never think you or anyone is an idiot for disagreeing with me. We all like different things, it's not worth getting bent out of shape because someone dislikes something you like and vice-versa.

serenewarfare said:
I think the Jarrett angle puts them right on the precipice of stupidity, but I don't think they've crossed the line yet. Even with all the belts, the Bullet Club just kind of felt... there. This was a big angle that got the desired reaction and heats them back up. Now, I'm not sure this is the angle I'd have use to get that result, but I don't think it's to the point of being ridiculous. Almost. Very close. But not quite.

I think it would seem a lot less ridiculous with Bruce Tharpe-des instead of Jarrett, but that's mostly because of all the baggage that comes with Double J and all the awful shit he's been involved in over the years. It's been obvious for a while now that the Bullet Club angle's only going to escalate this year, but how far they take it is another matter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This was on a different site. I don't really give anyone shit on here because they don't constantly act like they're on a higher ground than everyone else (most of the time) when instead they exist in a little bubble where it's big fish small pond syndrome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also lol @ anyone for ever assuming Jarrett would be a face. He's more likely to turn on you than Shawn Michaels is to kick you when you try to walk away from him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Scott Steiner in WCW has got to be one of my favorite heels of all time. Even when I 'knew' Scott Steiner scared the shit out of me. And he still kinda does when I go back to watch him. Whenever he flubs a line, I'm not like 'dohohoho what a botch!' i'm too busy being petrified that this man exists somewhere out there.

I remember as a kid he legit shook me so much that I'd have to change the channel sometimes because I couldn't handle seeing him. No other wrestler did that to me.

Alucard

Banned
We're all smarks here. Some of us are just more self-aware, and some of us fit Triple H's stereotype.

*tweets about being pissed about something something*

Hasney

I'm just starting on the G1 finals and I'm weirdly ecstatic that TAKA is wrestling.

Although I'm not sure why the ring announce was singing LANCE ARCHER.

Hasney

Who's this George The Animal Steel motherfucker tagging with Shelton and Suzuki and why does the commentator look shit scared if him?

Sokantish

I chose resist, which is seemingly the least fleshed-out ending. Damn.

But yeah, the game was fun all the way through. Ending was spotty, but I'll live.

Greatly looking forward to next-gen ME. Hopefully I'll find time to replay the whole trilogy a couple of times before then.

I thought refuse was the best ending, all the others seemed kinda dumb

Who's this George The Animal Steel motherfucker tagging with Shelton and Suzuki and why does the commentator look shit scared if him?

Takashi Iizuka - he's been around since the early 90's and was a tough, amateur wrestling-style babyface on the undercard, but then in 2008 he turned on Tenzan and joined CHAOS and has slowly become more and more insane, to the point where he doesn't really wrestle any more, just brawl, choke people (or himself) and hit them with his 'iron fingers'. The commentators, specifically Nogami, are all shit scared of him because, without warning, he'll attack Nogami, handcuff him, spray paint his face, etc.

VVRe9We.png

i8vt4Ts.png

Jarrett in Bullet Club is awesome, that gif with the Bullet Club guitar is funny as hell.

How'd the G1 do?

It was a good show, the main event really delivered. The Jr's tag match was great too, Fish & O'Reilly got over really well. Karl vs Ishii was good, but there was one real scary moment that showed Ishii probably shouldn't be wrestling in his condition. Naito vs Honma was fun and Goto & Shibata had the 5th round in their never-ending series of asskicking. That main event though, seek it out.

I didn't care for him in any year actually.

Me either, but I'll say this for Jarrett; he's easy to hate. And is apparently addicted to joining heel stables.

Top Bottom