• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

wtf
V2QMVzg.jpg

budget cuts

He probably just made a pile of money while not having to do a damn thing

Bwahaha, don't bootleg Preston City Wrestling DVDs, or they'll come pay you a visit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rnYZd6GvKI

Cringe worthy. I can't believe the lad actually gave him the DVDs instead of just telling him to do one.

This reminds me of when Jay and Silent Bob went to kick the shit out of people who trashed their movie

its all an angle like Chikara, bruh.

UGUUUUUUUU

Speaking of uguuu, wtf at that Seth shirt

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thank god that shirt isn't real, from what I'm seeing. Unless it gets unveiled today or something.

Watching some IWA Japan, featuring young Ishii (awful, very green) and Honma in his first year away from BJW as he tries to distance himself from the deathmatch scene. Fun six man tag, but after Honma dumps Tanaka on his face he spends the rest of the match just getting stretched to fuck by Tanaka. Poor Honma.

Honma.gif

Jesus christ I just finished watching that PCW Bootleg thing.

I honestly have no idea why he thought that was a good idea.

Seriously, no one comes off looking good there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It -severely- pissed me off that when Okada came out for the ROH shows, they didn't do this when he did the Rainmaker pose.

Like..come on.

I thought the ROH shows damaged every NJPW roster member's reputation and made them look like indie guys instead of mega stars, honestly. ROH didn't deserve them.

Like, someone up and coming would have been ok, but seeing Okada and Nakamura in that tiny arena? Fuck that.

I thought the ROH shows damaged every NJPW roster member's reputation and made them look like indie guys instead of mega stars, honestly. ROH didn't deserve them.

Like, someone up and coming would have been ok, but seeing Okada and Nakamura in that tiny arena? Fuck that.

It became VERY apparent that Okada/Nak/AJ/Tana were on a whole other level from everybody else, with basically the lone exception being Steen.

The rule of thumb is to never expect Corino or Kelly to do anything entertaining.

Eh, that's a production/videographer thing moreso than any of them. That being said, it's such a simple thing to do on hardcam (literally just zoom out as far as you can). Really bummed me out how ROH stuck to their guns vs taking some of NJPW's awesome production cues

I guarantee you that every person in that arena came away thinking Okada & Nakamura were goddamn megastars - I've seen both Tanahashi & Nakamura in person (and will be seeing Okada in October) and even with them jet-lagged, wrestling in a far smaller ring than they were used to and not going all-out in their matches, they came across as top talents waaaaay beyond the level of anyone else on the shows.

strobogo

Banned
I guarantee you that every person in that arena came away thinking Okada & Nakamura were goddamn megastars - I've seen both Tanahashi & Nakamura in person (and will be seeing Okada in October) and even with them jet-lagged, wrestling in a far smaller ring than they were used to and not going all-out in their matches, they came across as top talents waaaaay beyond the level of anyone else on the shows.

That's because ROH SUCKS and Nak/AJ/Tanahashi/Okada are four of the best dudes in the world right now. All this NJPW makes me want to get the most up to date FPR roster and go HAM. The best thing about ROH is Maria.

Bennett would be so screwed without Maria. Before he was just getting heat for being super dull in the ring and people were calling for him to stop being booked in ROH, now he gets heat for being Maria's fiancée but people tolerate him for...unknown reasons.

HUdSAYQ.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Someone, a good friend, just recommended the SyFy Original Series Haven, featuring WWE Hall of Famer Edge. This is the first time I've heard any one mention the show besides Edge.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fave five wrestler interviews out of character. So like guys in shoot interviews and the little 'talking head' style things that KC puts out.

5. Undertaker. Anyone who shits on Big Show being lazy is good by me. And I like watching him no selling Vader acting like a moron

4. X-Pac when he's sober. There's no other wrestler that I've heard in a shoot that comes off loving wrestling as much as X-Pac. He's a guy that, when you listen to him talk, you have a really hard time believing you ever hated him. Just seems like an awesome guy who took a bad turn somewhere.

3. Simon Dean. A recent one. I have no interest in Nova in ECW, and I never found him that compelling of a wrestler. He kind of had the Kanyon and Al Snow and all those other things for me. Like, yeah, you're competent, but you just don't do much for me. Simon Dean was a great gimmick, but it was hard to get behind for long because you knew it had a low ceiling. Still, the guy who plays Simon Dean is one interesting dude. He almost never seems bitter, he seems so happy to move on with his life, yet he can acknolwedge all the great things wrestling has done for him. He talks about a lot of wrestlers who you don't normally get to hear about, and he's able to provide information about the WWE offices as a talent, which is incredibly fascinating.

2. Bret Hart. Probably full of shit a lot of the time. Arrogant, very 'Captain Hindsight', but I dig it about Bret. He's just so honest about his opinion. I think people have issue with that because they think his opinion is fact when it's just opinion. He got WWE to do a DVD of him, and he got them to let him say whatever the hell he wanted. He also has an interesting perspective on that era of wrestling due to him kind of having a more 'old school' mentality.

1. Kevin Nash. This one's obvious. He's charming, he's funny, he's smart, my favorite incarnation of Kevin Nash has little to do with wrestling. He has a fresh view on wrestling and outside of a few interviews, he always comes off as nowhere near as bitter as most wrestlers. Even when he fucking says fucking every other fucking word even though i fucking know he can turn it off whenever he fucking wants, I get excited whenever they get him in a shoot. I also like to hear him talk because you can tell that he understands wrestling is about money, but he still loves it in some ways. He just doesn't let it rule his life.

Cagey

Banned

Littlefinger on the prowl for redheaded women of the North.

1. Kevin Nash. This one's obvious. He's charming, he's funny, he's smart, my favorite incarnation of Kevin Nash has little to do with wrestling. He has a fresh view on wrestling and outside of a few interviews, he always comes off as nowhere near as bitter as most wrestlers. Even when he fucking says fucking every other fucking word even though i fucking know he can turn it off whenever he fucking wants, I get excited whenever they get him in a shoot. I also like to hear him talk because you can tell that he understands wrestling is about money, but he still loves it in some ways. He just doesn't let it rule his life.

His three-parter with Austin in the earliest days of that podcast delievered a 30 case of audio whoopass.

"Arturo Rivera, AAA announcer, says Alberto Del Rio will debut with AAA this Sunday at TripleMania."

Shame it's AAA, but I guess there was little chance of him going back to CMLL.

Gonzalez

Banned
I really shouldn't have gone into that Israel-Palestine thread. It's like that time I went to a soccer game with a friend, and I totally pretended I knew all the rules before we went.

Friends, I went to Cedar Point last Wednesday and had the time of my life. As pathetic as it may sound, going there had been a dream of mine since I first read about it in a magazine as a kid. So, in a way, I achieved a dream of mine. All I had to do was...

Friends, I went to Cedar Point last Wednesday and had the time of my life. As pathetic as it may sound, going there had been a dream of mine since I first read about it in a magazine as a kid. So, in a way, I achieved a dream of mine. All I had to do was...

The fuck is Cedar Point?!

njean777

I really shouldn't have gone into that Israel-Palestine thread. It's like that time I went to a soccer game with a friend, and I totally pretended I knew all the rules before we went.

Yeah political threads are no no's on gaf. If you do not agree with the majority you are attacked by everybody. It is basically mob mentality the thread.

strobogo

Banned
The fuck is Cedar Point?!

You've really never heard of Cedar Point? It's the most popular amusement park in the country outside of Disney/Universal stuff. It's in Sandusky, Ohio.

Comment from the Flair/Horsemen video on my Youtubers:

HarmonySword
+venger Remember when Mark Henry pushed Batista and he flew across the ring? That was Beniot's ghost who did a German Suplex.

Gonzalez

Banned
Yeah political threads are no no's on gaf. If you do not agree with the majority you are attacked by everybody. It is basically mob mentality the thread.
I'm sticking to the imaginary world of pro wrestling where it's black, and white, and the underdogs always come out on top.

Top Bottom