• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Sanjuro

Sandow's probably going to have to dress up as Buff Bagwell tonight and take a bump from one or all three of these grandpas

I'm watching tonight just for Hogan, so this is what I would expect. If they wanted to do something kind of neat, I wouldn't mind a stare-down or something with the Shield against the Authority. More of a gratifying cheap pop.

Last year during his feud with HHH

Thanks forgot about that.

strobogo

Banned
A good portion of the stuff Anderson does in NJPW goes against the grain of their usual stuff, so it's refreshing to see him try to make creative things happen. While those of us who've seen a lot of wrestling everywhere like yourself are kind of used to the idea of say, Anderson storming his opponent before the bell rings it's less frequent over there and is a direct result of him trying to keep things interesting over there, and I like it. I think he's a good fit for NJPW because he brings in things they usually don't see so much of, or haven't for quite some time.

I enjoy watching the reversals to see how he makes them work in the end - I never really look at it like "Well there's no way his Gun Stun is going to hit until....." but I just kinda enjoy watching to see if it'll be him or his opponent getting the finisher.

I can't get into the cutter attempts because that isn't a move where you can do the move full on and not hit it without leaving your feet and throwing your body in the air. So when he puts one foot up (goes for DDP/Orton as well), it's obvious he's not going to do the move. Jumping before the the bell or typical American stuff isn't what bothers me. It's how everything he does looks super telegraphed to me and how way over done all those reversal spots are. It's like the Young Bucks with super kicks, but with reversals.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I finished Blade. Now on to
2500201-robocop3d.jpg
I actually heard it's pretty good, so I'm excited.

Bowser

I signed John Cena to a developmental contract to WWE in 2001 and he debuted on the WWE's primary roster in 2002. Upon arriving in Connecticut from California, where I signed Cena, I reported to WWE headquarters fresh off a red-eye flight, I met with WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and boldly told him that I'd signed a talent who would be a WrestleMania main eventer within the next five years.

McMahon looked at me with a wary eye, as if I were suffering from jet lag, or worse, and suggested that I go home and freshen up before reporting back to work. I did just that but remained hell-bent that my instincts were spot on ... and they were.

In 2005, John Cena was in a main event match at WM XXI when he faced John Bradshaw Layfield for the WWE Title.

Jesus Christ JR, it's not enough for you to put yourself over on your own podcast, you gotta do it in a written piece of a major sports site too?

Jesus Christ JR, it's not enough for you to put yourself over on your own podcast, you gotta do it in a written piece of a major sports site too?

Well the guy was great in the role of finding talent. He's also a great commentator. I hope he goes to GWF and does the commentary.

I just read that Shameus/Vader thread. This can't be real. I mean, even though it kind of makes sense... it can't be real.
Just wait until wwe slams it down our throats for 6 months in advance that Sheamus will wear a black suit where you can't see him for 5 seconds in a movie we all know is already coming.

Robocop_versus_Terminator_cover.jpg

Best robo game barred none.

Hard as balls but fun as hell.

As long as you have the flamethrower, the game is at your knees. The way it should be.

Yeah it gets pretty fucked

Just wait until wwe slams it down our throats for 6 months in advance that Sheamus will wear a black suit where you can't see him for 5 seconds in a movie we all know is already coming.

Just wait until Sandow in a Darth Vader suit. Nah that's too good for him, he'll come out as Jar Jar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully it doesn't bleed over into Bateaster's final run.

"Hey fella, you may have been spending some time guarding the galaxy, but while you were out with a little muppet and tree, I was going to war in the stars."

jmdajr

Hopefully it doesn't bleed over into Bateaster's final run.

"Hey fella, you may have been spending some time guarding the galaxy, but while you were out with a little muppet and tree, I was going to war in the stars."

Hey what's that in the sky? Is it a bird? A plane?

It's

SHAZAM

Son Of D

I expect Sandow (providing that he's still employed by then) to wear a Darth Vader costume at one point as well before being Force Brogue Kicked by Sheamus.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
fave five arcade Data East:

Capt. America and Avengers
Joe and Mac
Robocop
Bad Dudes
Heavy Barrel

Burger Time
Burger Time
Burger Time
Burger Time
Burger Time

Non-Burger Time list
Fire Trap
The Simpsons Pinball(fuck you it counts)
Windjammers
Ring King
The Real Ghostbusters

I also mix up Data East and Taito a lot

Bowser

Well the guy was great in the role of finding talent. He's also a great commentator. I hope he goes to GWF and does the commentary.

He was great in those roles, but the more he writes and puts himself out there, the more you realize he's a total prick, pretty creepy and racist, and not as much of a sympathetic figure as he's made out to be.

RP912

Banned
So I'll guess I'll keep my wwe network subscription in hopes of upcoming TNA impact shows.

I been meaning to see the episode with Black Snow and Chet Lemon.

He was great in those roles, but the more he writes and puts himself out there, the more you realize he's a total prick, pretty creepy and racist, and not as much of a sympathetic figure as he's made out to be.

So pretty much like 90% of the people in the wrestling business?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So I'll guess I'll keep my wwe network subscription in hopes of upcoming TNA impact shows.

I been meaning to see the episode with Black Snow and Chet Lemon.

It really bothers me they took the compilation video down from youtube.

jmdajr

So he's getting paid for this right? I have no clue how his royalties work.

What will his entrance music be????? In the game????

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, the New Japan logo in their dojo is amazing
I3E1ODq.jpg

Looks aight...let's look closer
1v8EKPU.jpg

uguu~

EDIT:

wtf
V2QMVzg.jpg

Top Bottom