• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

jred2k

You've really never heard of Cedar Point? It's the most popular amusement park in the country outside of Disney/Universal stuff. It's in Sandusky, Ohio.

A primarily child-friendly attraction in a place named "Sandusky". That is worrisome.

I tend to avoid most amusement parks, because I can't handle the rides. That stupid swinging ship one in particular. I flip out every time.
Does it have anything to do with the height requirements?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Arturo Rivera, AAA announcer, says Alberto Del Rio will debut with AAA this Sunday at TripleMania."

Shame it's AAA, but I guess there was little chance of him going back to CMLL.

Interested to see HOW he wrestles when coming to AAA. Would like to see the match.

Does it have anything to do with the height requirements?

rdIsTE2.gif

Nah, I hate the feeling of falling, especially backwards. In generic thrill rides and such I can handle it, but that ride is literally just falling front, falling back, etc etc etc. It's like turbulence!

strobogo

Banned
rdIsTE2.gif

Nah, I hate the feeling of falling, especially backwards. In generic thrill rides and such I can handle it, but that ride is literally just falling front, falling back, etc etc etc. It's like turbulence!

Wait a minute. The Big Boat is the ride you can't handle? The ride that babies and grandmas ride? For real?

viking1-1280.jpg

XenoRaven

I've seen or heard of more people barfing on the boat ride than any roller coaster. If you struggle with rides, the boat is one of the worst.

I've seen or heard of more people barfing on the boat ride than any roller coaster. If you struggle with rides, the boat is one of the worst.

That is basically how it was explained to me when I asked some people. Apparently the constant motion is what does it? I'm fine on stuff with drops and such, just not a ton of them. The boat one really freaks me out though.

Speaking of amusement parks, I rode the Kingda Ka at the Six Flags in NJ a few weekends ago. That shit insane:

zumanjaro_4.jpg

YO FUCK THAT

Mannn Kingda Ka is amazing, I was on a car that didn't make it over the hill once (common occurance, ride is designed to accomodate it).

I love how the downside of the hill is pitched in a way that no matter what car you're in, you only see the parking lot in front of you as you go down, not the car in front of you. So intense.

Bowser

¡HarlequinPanic!;124869575 said:
Mannn Kingda Ka is amazing, I was on a car that didn't make it over the hill once (common occurance, ride is designed to accomodate it).

I love how the downside of the hill is pitched in a way that no matter what car you're in, you only see the parking lot in front of you as you go down, not the car in front of you. So intense.

Haha that's crazy. They have signs posted all over saying it happens and it's a normal occurance, but I would be freaking the fuck out if that happened to me.

Does that mean he's coming back to the E or not?

For him, it means he's going to make a ton of money again for doing nothing, since he'll get royalties for that.

I'm honestly not sure why WWE did that this year. He was gone after the Rumble, they had plenty of time to pick something else...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For him, it means he's going to make a ton of money again for doing nothing, since he'll get royalties for that.

$7k won't save him. He'll be back.
As to why?
Why not? You'll sell more copies. Look at the fools saying they want in. They obviously had some budget behind making it a whole focus of one of its modes - no sense in scrapping it.

Cagey

Banned
Speaking of amusement parks, I rode the Kingda Ka at the Six Flags in NJ a few weekends ago. That shit insane:

zumanjaro_4.jpg

http://youtu.be/HN8nv4tVFuA?t=52s

Nearly shit my pants.

Kingda Ka is the only ride left at Six Flags in NJ that leaves me legit joyous. Every time I ride that thing I get off with a big grin on my face.

Have to go back and try that new updated Stuntman's Freefall they put onto Kingda Ka. Looks intense.

That's nothing compared to the Action Park stuff:

vEoFAPb.jpg

Never been but everything had the added bonus of being dangerously unsafe.

Action Park was legendary. I'm sad I'm too young to have experienced it, but I'm glad I was too young because it increased my childhood survival rates enormously.

Bowser

Kingda Ka is the only ride left at Six Flags in NJ that leaves me legit joyous. Every time I ride that thing I get off with a big grin on my face.

Have to go back and try that new updated Stuntman's Freefall they put onto Kingda Ka. Looks intense.

I enjoyed the Nitro coaster as well. But fuck Zumanjaro, nope. I can do a huge drop coaster, I'm not doing that freefall shit though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N79JKDtK4hg

Yeah, nope, nope, nope.

$7k won't save him. He'll be back.
As to why?
Why not? You'll sell more copies. Look at the fools saying they want in. They obviously had some budget behind making it a whole focus of one of its modes - no sense in scrapping it.

He gets a higher rate for how prevalent he is in the game, it's probably six figures. But yeah it won't save him forever.

Fuck this ride.

I went on the one at the Adventuredome in Circus Circus, and the one in Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It is my mortal enemy. My White Whale.

Think being in the game will make it more difficult for WWE to pursue legal action against Punk? Obviously we don't know what his contract entails but I'd imagine wwe is in their rights to use his image for some cashola.

As for Six Flags, I'm still a big fan of NITRO, not as intense as it was when I was a kid but still a nice long ride.

strobogo

Banned
Nope - different Blocks

Nope, different blocks. No AJ/Nak match either.

Mother fucking HOOEY.

LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Best of G1 Climax 2014 Day 5

ihOiaEZY4hNPM.gif

i6zISrSh4btX2.gif

iwfvGl2XUOJIz.gif

Pretty hard to follow up the previous day. Naito/Okada was the best match of the three recommended to me. Naito gets two huge wins in a row, but he doesn't feel like he's at the level where he should be beating AJ and Okada back to back completely clean. It kind of seems like Ziggler or Kofi beating Cena and Orton in the same week. Honma's piledriver looks completely unsafe.

Cagey

Banned
I enjoyed the Nitro coaster as well. But fuck Zumanjaro, nope. I can do a huge drop coaster, I'm not doing that freefall shit though.

I like Nitro, but it doesn't make me feel like a little kid like Kingda Ka does. OG Batman too, but that's nostalgia: first time I ever went to Six Flags, I was 11-12 years old, the park was near closing time and we were able to just sit on Batman and ride that shit like 7 times in a row and almost always in the front row (if someone came up in between they just asked us to move out of courtesy).

I loved Stuntman's Freefall but they axed that at some point. I can't do spinning rides or coasters with too much corkscrew action (gives me a mild bout of vertigo) but I can handle straight baller ass drops.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;124870799 said:
Think being in the game will make it more difficult for WWE to pursue legal action against Punk? Obviously we don't know what his contract entails but I'd imagine wwe is in their rights to use his image for some cashola.

As for Six Flags, I'm still a big fan of NITRO, not as intense as it was when I was a kid but still a nice long ride.

I don't think they want to deal with court, and if they do, WWE will make a point to grind it out and make Punk penniless.

zumanjaro_4.jpg

http://youtu.be/HN8nv4tVFuA?t=52s

Nearly shit my pants.

I rode the Cedar Point version, Top Thrill Dragster. It's the same thing, just a little shorter.

Top_Thrill_Dragster_828245.jpg

Splurged and got the Fast Lane Plus pass. No or little wait. It was awesome.

This is the one to be afraid of:

NqVSRELl.jpg

Mantis. Stand-up coaster. Pinched my ball sack and beat me up good. I felt like I lost a fight for half an hour. Bad times. Rumors of it getting refurbished into a floorless model next year though. That would be way better.

Sephzilla

I rode that like five years ago. Its great. When I was getting ready for the ride I expected the drop to be the only highlight, but I never expected the speed at which you shoot from being stationary to going to the top of the ride.

the start of that ride actually kind of reminded me of the rock'n roller coaster at disney world. both have that very quick start

Top Bottom