• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

krae_man

SFvk9d5.png

How do we submit this to the Spreadshirt site?

Edit:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460437

Do it!

I like Nitro, but it doesn't make me feel like a little kid like Kingda Ka does. OG Batman too, but that's nostalgia: first time I ever went to Six Flags, I was 11-12 years old, the park was near closing time and we were able to just sit on Batman and ride that shit like 7 times in a row and almost always in the front row (if someone came up in between they just asked us to move out of courtesy).

I loved Stuntman's Freefall but they axed that at some point. I can't do spinning rides or coasters with too much corkscrew action (gives me a mild bout of vertigo) but I can handle straight baller ass drops.

OG Batman makes me greyout after the first drop EVERYTIME. To this day I've never had vision for that first loop and I just went on it two weeks ago. Aw man, sorry to drag wrasslegaf into #truecarnyworld but I love theme parks

Gonzalez

Banned
Whoa wait a minute, don't edit in my goddamn idea into your post! :p
I edited it in while you were pressing post. Now everyone will think you don't type fast enough.

Your response after you quote me will probably be a gif from Community. Maybe something with the African-American kid shouting "NOOOOOOOOO...".

krae_man

Someone make a high Res version of the Legitshook logo and submit it for a shirt on GAF's spreadshirt site.

Come on, I want a WrassleGAF shift!

Gonzalez

Banned
Here's a video of me riding Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDpX9CPIpiY&feature=youtu.be

Jesus...

Wouldn't it be better to ride the big Ferris wheel? It's a lot less dangerous, just as tall, has a longer ride time, and you can take a picture with the sun setting in the background, and the entire family having a pleasant conversation about life as you descend slowly back down from the heavens. Now doesn't that sound more relaxing?

somedevil

Well the Quarter hours are out for when Dixie Got put through a table:

When the segment was taped, many fans believed that the angle could be one of TNA's most-viewed Impact segments in history because Dixie was finally going through the table. The segment had even higher expectations after TNA began their "#BossToss" campaign.

The final segment did a 1.15 which was not the highest segment in TNA history but it didn't even do the highest rating on the same show which was the match that did 1.19. So basically the angle failed.

Vylash

The final segment did a 1.15 which was not the highest segment in TNA history but it didn't even do the highest rating on the same show which was the match that did 1.19. So basically the angle failed.

Almost like spoiling it was stupid or something

miserable

where's that tnaratings.gif?

TNA really doesn't get that their product is so poor that they will never ever get more viewers unless every single thing is changed. We've all given them dozens of chances to reboot and do good, but they don't know how.

Alucard

Banned
TNA really doesn't get that their product is so poor that they will never ever get more viewers unless every single thing is changed. We've all given them dozens of chances to reboot and do good, but they don't know how.

I disagree. Their shows from Slammiversary onwards have all been good-to-great. They're doing the right things, but getting the word out will take time...time which TNA unfortunately may not have.

XenoRaven

Man whoever just mentioned the original Batman roller coaster at Six Flags NJ just nailed me right in the nostalgia. That was my favorite ride for years.

Sephzilla

I disagree. Their shows from Slammiversary onwards have all been good-to-great. They're doing the right things, but getting the word out will take time...time which TNA unfortunately may not have.

I think the TNA/Impact name brand in general is beyond saving.

Bowser

I only got to ride 4 rides when I went (fucking 1.5 hour waits and fuck paying for Flash Pass): Nitro, Batman, Superman, and Kingda Ka. Batman was definitely my least favorite of those four. Of the four I rode, I'd probably rank 'em:

1. Kingda Ka
2. Nitro
3. Superman
4. Batman

Aiii

So not worth it

So they're doing okay for two months, you just know they will be shit again soon enough. The only reason they did these NY shows was to pop ratings even though they are costing them more than they are making them. If Spike or another channel signs them for another run on TV it will be back to the status quo in no-time.

It is TNA, expecting them to suddenly not suck for most of the year is, well, just not realistic since they haven't ever managed that in all the time they exist.

Yeah, the TNA brand is completely ruined at this point. As we've seen with AJ Styles, the sum of its parts is greater than the whole. It would take years and years of good booking for them to fix it, and they just don't have that anymore. They've done it to themselves.

Hasney

So they're doing okay for two months, you just know they will be shit again soon enough. The only reason they did these NY shows was to pop ratings even though they are costing them more than they are making them. If Spike or another channel signs them for another run on TV it will be back to the status quo in no-time.

It is TNA, expecting them to suddenly not suck for most of the year is, well, just not realistic since they haven't ever managed that in all the time they exist.

I disagree. TNA managed 2 good years straight, especially when compared to WWE at the time.

Tonight you can enjoy Hogan passing the torch to Cena during his birthday celebration. You know Cena will be out there cracking jokes and trying to get a rub off all the popular faces in the ring. I bet Hall, Nash, Hogan are all forced to give Cena verbal blowjobs.

I think the TNA/Impact name brand in general is beyond saving.

The name, the look, the announcing, everything. WCW didn't even last long enough to completely ruin everything about it. Someone could tell me TNA was amazing and the best wrestling show ever and there's no way I'm tuning in because I've run out of chances for them. TNA is so bad that it ruined the things about TNA that were actually good before it went to shit.

Sephzilla

The name, the look, the announcing, everything. WCW didn't even last long enough to completely ruin everything about it. Someone could tell me TNA was amazing and the best wrestling show ever and there's no way I'm tuning in because I've run out of chances for them. TNA is so bad that it ruined the things about TNA that were actually good before it went to shit.

This is actually exactly what I mean. Even if TNA does something legitimately great, nobody is going to tune in because TNA's reputation is completely shot.

This is actually exactly what I mean. Even if TNA does something legitimately great, nobody is going to tune in because TNA's reputation is completely shot.

And it's shot with the most forgiving, Stockholm Syndrome having people in the world: wrestling fans. Vince has been shitting in our mouths for the better part of the last decade and we still tune in, so for TNA to alienate themselves from that audience is actually pretty incredible.

Gonzalez

Banned
I haven't even bothered watching any of the Triplemania hype, or even thought about watching the show. But after watching Wagner brush off "Captain Stupid Hard To Pronounce Name So I Can Get Around The Copyright" I think I might take a peak.

http://youtu.be/4B7jJMsdLvE

Top Bottom