• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Bring back Zack Ryders show purely for Ambrose to kick the everloving shit out of him.

Obviously, Maddox has already had it bad enough in a cave...

Jericho Highlight Reel? Ambrose destroys the set
MIZ TV? Ambrose destroys THE MIZ
Pipers Pit? Well he destroys the set cause Piper is destroyed already
Backstage Interview with Renee Young, Ambrose jumps in and kidnaps Renee...

Aiii

So not worth it
And yet Alex Riley, Eva Marie, Jason Albert, Justin Gabriel, Rosa Mendes, Scott Stanford and Tamina Snuka still have jobs.

Jesus. ****ing. Christ.

Alex Riley has his pre-show gig, they need him.
Eva Marie makes the company money through Total Divas, like her as a wrestler or not, she has value.
Jason Albert is a trainer at the Dev Center, has value.
Justin Gabriel is doing nothing and will likely never be called up to the roster, so fair enough.
Rosa Mendes is shitty, but on Total Divas, which is making the company money.
Scott Stanford does promo's for international shows and what not, is likely making the company money too.
Tamina Snuka is injured right now, so even if they could, they wouldn't fire an injured person.

Seriously though, I know the go-to releases for a company with over 800 employees is the ones you actually know from TV, but in the end, they are the companies bread and butter, they are the sole reason the company even exists, no matter how shit you might find them, if you're gonna let people go it makes much more sense to fire one of the assistants of the videopackage department than a wrestler.

They were filming Cena's new movie with Harry Potter in NYC yesterday right by my office.

you do know that John Cena and Harry Potter arent real, huh? They are just playing a role. Harry Potter= Daniel Radcliffe

h75778E4A

Day 7 of the G1 just finished and was a TON of fun. Do not sleep on Styles vs Suzuki or Nakamura vs Ishii, friends - both matches tore the fuckin' house down. Goddamnnnnn, I'm still hyped.

She looks great. Is she good?

Yeah, definitely one of the top-tier women's wrestlers in the US indie scene at present.

Jamie OD

Is IMPACT! gonna die?

They've been given some time to try and pull a rabbit out of the hat but right now it's not looking great. If Impact goes off the air without a back-up TV deal in place then it will be time for them to really panic.

njean777

I see the WWE downsizing, they need to go back private as well. I have noticed a trend of companies going public and losing money instead of staying private. Now it seems that a lot of stuff made and produced by them is just pandering instead of actually interesting. I still enjoy the product, but I would like them to write more interesting story lines for their lower card athletes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for the G1 Day 7 this evening. Sooooo hyped, sounds like a master class show.

Also why are people mad 50 staff got let go? Why are people comparing their staff to wrestlers? Huge difference.

Showaddy

They've been given some time to try and pull a rabbit out of the hat but right now it's not looking great. If Impact goes off the air without a back-up TV deal in place then it will be time for them to really panic.

TNA's biggest problem is that they were already close to the point of death with Spike's money, a back-up TV deal is going to mean a lot less money so how the hell they'll survive I do not know.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Beef talking shit in the remains of July. Challenged Bootaaay and myself in SF3:3S. Looks like we need to get that Mario Kart night scheduled...

TNA's biggest problem is that they were already close to the point of death with Spike's money, a back-up TV deal is going to mean a lot less money so how the hell they'll survive I do not know.

Pretty much this. The "ongoing negotiations" thing is just a formality because Spike doesn't want to screw TNA out of all leverage in their other negotiations. For all intents and purposes they are done on Spike. And wherever they end up, their deal is going to be massively smaller than what it is now. If they do survive, they'll have to be a completely different promotion with the same name.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Devitt's standing on a box of oranges

jmdajr

Today is Batista's big day ya'll! Movie held strong at 91% with 144 reviews.
I'd go see it but..won't be able to. :(

I'll go hopefully within the month.

I see the WWE downsizing, they need to go back private as well. I have noticed a trend of companies going public and losing money instead of staying private. Now it seems that a lot of stuff made and produced by them is just pandering instead of actually interesting. I still enjoy the product, but I would like them to write more interesting story lines for their lower card athletes.

They are worth FAR more public than they ever were when private.

Xater

Today is Batista's big day ya'll! Movie held strong at 91% with 144 reviews.
I'd go see it but..won't be able to. :(

I'll go hopefully within the month.

I have to wait a month because unlike other Marvel films they decided to releases it here way later on the 31st. And I am so hyped for it! :(

Thorakai

Also I am legit shook over finding out that the Guerreros aren't even Guerreros. They are Llanes. Guerrero is a family middle name. Gory's last name was Quesada. Gory's wife's last name was Llanes, which is the actual surname of the all the Guerrero wrestlers. Is there a Mexican tradition I'm not aware of where the family takes the father's last name as a middle name and mother's last name as surname?

Pretty much. Though we tend to think of them more as two last names as opposed to a middle name and a surname. I would guess the Guerreros were a bit of confused as to how naming conventions worked in the U.S. and ended having the mother's last name as a surname by just filling out a name as they normally do in Mexico. Just a guess. I have my mother's last name too, but my parents were aware of what they were doing and did it to avoid headaches at the hospital since they weren't married.

If this G1 has taught me anything, it's that AJ Styles may be the best American wrestler in the world at the moment. Since he's left TNA, he hasn't had anything even resembling a bad match. All his G1 matches, even with Yano, have been top notch. Guy is on a roll right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If this G1 has taught me anything, it's that AJ Styles may be the best American wrestler in the world at the moment. Since he's left TNA, he hasn't had anything even resembling a bad match. All his G1 matches, even with Yano, have been top notch. Guy is on a roll right now.

Ain't that the truth? Leaving TNA was the best thing for him. He was obviously dying to have some crazy competition and he's stepped up. So goddamn entertaining. Might be my MVP of the year.

bart jr

Neo Member

I find it hard to disagree with you. The funny thing is that while I always respected him as being a good wrestler, I never really cared for him that much. I don't know if it was a stigma I attached to him due to being stuck in TNA or what. Ever since he has been in NJPW, I recognize him as being a great wrestler and probably in my top 5 right now. I never thought I'd say that before.

Mengetsu

WWE announced today its plans to launch the U.S. version of WWE Network as an over-the-top service in more than 170 countries and territories, starting on August 12. The network is expected to go live in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico, Spain and the Nordics, among others countries. WWE Network is also expected to arrive in the United Kingdom by October 2014, with expansion to Italy, UAE, Germany, Japan, India, China, Thailand and Malaysia following at a future date.

http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/wwe-network-outside-united-states-26533843

He's always been extremely talented and crisp, but the fresh matchups and different style in New Japan is like someone hit "refresh" on his career. It's really incredible to watch.

Ain't that the truth? Leaving TNA was the best thing for him. He was obviously dying to have some crazy competition and he's stepped up. So goddamn entertaining. Might be my MVP of the year.

Right now it's either him or Ishii for me. Bryan was on a good track to be in the conversation until he got hurt. My only hope is that he can use this Japan run to get a shot in WWE finally. Though because it might appear as them being wrong by not signing him before, I doubt they pick him up.

Hasney

I know Styles didn't want to go to WWE because of his family and the developmental money wouldn't allow him to support them as much as he'd have liked, but I wonder if they'll give him a good offer if he keeps up this level of performance for a while. I doubt Devitt and Kenta have gone over there for the peanuts they used to offer everyone on developmental.

Seriously, it's like we all forgot how GOOD he really can be without all the bullshit that comes with TNA, dude is absolutely killing it. I have no problem naming him my current MVP for the year up to this point, he has been (excuse the pun) simply phenomenal.

Ishii, Naito, Nakamura & Tanahashi are all in contention as well, to my mind, but Styles has the edge for me at present.

Ithil

AJ is just too old for WWE, they don't like bringing guys in "as stars", they prefer starting them at the bottom and feeling like they "made them". AJ would be nearing 40 by the time he made it big in WWE.

Right now it's either him or Ishii for me. Bryan was on a good track to be in the conversation until he got hurt. My only hope is that he can use this Japan run to get a shot in WWE finally. Though because it might appear as them being wrong by not signing him before, I doubt they pick him up.

unless they book him like Ric Flair coming into WWE for the first time where they see him as this big deal from the get go, no way in hell is AJ Styles is gonna work for VKM.

AJ Styles at his very core, is probably the greatest performer of the last 15 years.

course AJ is awesome, he has left the sinking ship that is TNA. The level of talent is much higher.

Wish WWE would Give ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO a chance. even as manager

Hasney

AJ is just too old for WWE, they don't like bringing guys in "as stars", they prefer starting them at the bottom and feeling like they "made them". AJ would be nearing 40 by the time he made it big in WWE.

If he can still go, he can still go at that point.

Depends what he wants to do with his life. If he could have 2-3 years in the WWE through the system, he could have a nice mid-card life and then transition to agent/trainer. All would depend on if HHH sees something in him.

course AJ is awesome, he has left the sinking ship that is TNA. The level of talent is much higher.

Wish WWE would Give ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO a chance. even as manager

He got that big O that WWE likes to claim they give people.

bobbyrude.gif

Yup

Only way AJ gets a run in WWE is if they do buy the TNA library and wanted someone on the roster they can point to as a "TNA icon".

But he is making mad money right now. He probably has another 5 years in him. If he keeps this up he should be set for life.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if WWE went after some of the TNA guys after TNA goes under. I think the reason they don't now is because they don't want to give credit to TNA. If TNA doesn't exist anymore, that problem is kind of gone.

Top Bottom