• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Day 3 Tanahashi vs Kojima was awesome, unless this all goes downhiill day 3 is back to form. Those lariats, damn o_O Tanahashi has a beautiful frogsplash too

DMczaf

tumblr_n9ly4kveAb1qgcm5ko1_1280.png

The last WWE magazine cover. Very fitting, pity he couldn't rise from cancellation.

83542.jpg

edit: fuck, it's not the last one, I'll just pretend it is

DMczaf

I like how there's no real reason for him being on the cover. No interview. No exclusive. No editorial.

It's just "THIS MAN FEEDS US!" to the nth degree.

So what are the list of wrestlers still around that call Triple H "Hunter" instead of triple H.

I get the oldschool feels from that. There used to be a lot more but is it just Orton now?

So what are the list of wrestlers still around that call Triple H "Hunter" instead of triple H.

I get the oldschool feels from that. There used to be a lot more but is it just Orton now?

I bet Big Show and Paul Heyman are calling him Paul...

Show: Hey Paul hows it going
HHH: Very good Paul thank
Heyman: Hey Paul and Paul, whats going on here?
Show: Not much, Paul.Just talking to Paul?
Heyman: Paul I got a great idea for match for summerslam. How about flag on a Paul?

Catching up on new OT and need to comment on a few things.

- Saw a post a few pages back about NXT jobber names. Nothing will ever top Philip Gouljar.

- The next NXT special seems to follow the trend that Takeover did, which is that the three top matches project to be really good to great, and the other two matches are whatever.

- Whoever H is for TNA, he/she had better hurry up and show or they might debut to an empty arena.

Vylash

Catching up on new OT and need to comment on a few things.

- Saw a post a few pages back about NXT jobber names. Nothing will ever top Philip Gouljar.

- The next NXT special seems to follow the trend that Takeover did, which is that the three top matches project to be really good to great, and the other two matches are whatever.

- Whoever H is for TNA, he/she had better hurry up and show or they might debut to an empty arena.

The best part of Ryback's gimmick was that we got 2 awesome jobber names every week

strobogo

Banned
Everyone makes fun of lolRusso over booking in WWF, WCW, and TNA, but I don't think Russo had shit on Heyman in OG ECW for over booking. Every god damn match would have 7 or 8 run ins, run ins on the run ins, swerves on those run ins, 8 or 9 different angles going on, 6 false finishes, and just general chaos.

ECW could have more run ins and swerves on an hour long show with 2 matches than TNA can do on a PPV.

Yeah, Heyman was never giving creative control of a major promotion, though. Anyone can be a bad booker, but it takes a weird sort of skill to be a perpetually awful booker who, somehow, keeps being employed by major promotions.

Incidentally, Heyman's booking style lives on through Ian Rotten - IWA-MS shows start with 8 matches on the card, but by the end of the night it'll have turned into 12 matches thanks to run-ins and Ian creating impromptu matches.

I bet Big Show and Paul Heyman are calling him Paul...

Show: Hey Paul hows it going
HHH: Very good Paul thank
Heyman: Hey Paul and Paul, whats going on here?
Show: Not much, Paul.Just talking to Paul?
Heyman: Paul I got a great idea for match for summerslam. How about flag on a Paul?

I'm drunk, so this made me laugh ridiculously hard.

I think it would've been funny regardless though

.....I think

Fucking gin and tonic man. TOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD

Trailer for Samoa Joe vs Rampage Brown from PROGRESS Chapter 14: Thunderbastard;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCgxtV77fUY

This match was a ton of fun live, Joe looked like he was really enjoying himself out there and the crowd ate it up. Rampage is one of the best, if not the best, heavyweight wrestler in the UK today and proved a great opponent for Joe, plus, the rest of the show was real good too, especially the student's 3-way match and the tag title match. Well worth a buy.

Recall

Does anyone else remember this terrible yet somewhat popular Canadian indy, UWA? I think it was ran by M-Dogg 20 (Matt Cross) and Josh Prohibition.

They did have some cracking DVD covers though:

image5nu9z.jpg

image5zuer.jpg

Mah man. Was drinking these on the train, then had one with my curry last night.

Am paying for it now though. I had quite a bit more than a coffee for breakfast this morning.

Yeah it's pretty much all I drink now. I used to try a little bit of everything but once I discovered gin, it was over. I knew I had found my drink of choice.

And now I get to watch NXT with a couple more of these. Life is good.

How was TNA? Worth watching? Of course it wasn't, why do I even ask. But was it? Morbidly curious to watch this company die.

Does anyone else remember this terrible yet somewhat popular Canadian indy, UWA? I think it was ran by M-Dogg 20 (Matt Cross) and Josh Prohibition.

They did have some cracking DVD covers though:

Lol, fucking Alex Shelley's derp face in the top left corner. I remember seeing a couple of UWA Hardcore shows, one with a real good Shelley vs Claudio match and the first show when the brought Ultimo in, iirc.

Hasney

Yeah it's pretty much all I drink now. I used to try a little bit of everything but once I discovered gin, it was over. I knew I had found my drink of choice.

Get some Bombay Saffire if you've never tried it. The spices in it are lovely with some tonic.

Man, wanting one now. Need that hair of the dog.

Day 3 Tanahashi vs Kojima was awesome, unless this all goes downhiill day 3 is back to form. Those lariats, damn o_O Tanahashi has a beautiful frogsplash too

Day 4 is more of the same. Not Czeched out day 5 yet, but that is the plan for tonight.

Recall

Is each day of the G1 climax all on iPPV or is it doing the rounds on dailymotion etc?

Seems I'm missing out.

I'm drunk, so this made me laugh ridiculously hard.

I think it would've been funny regardless though

.....I think

Fucking gin and tonic man. TOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD

Show: Well Paul & Paul, I'm out gonna hop into my whirlpaul at home
HHH: Cool Paul, have fun. Paul wait a second I got something to tell you
Heyman: Yes, Paul? Does it concern Paula Abdul and Hulk Hogan on that weird American Gladiotor reboot?
HHH: Actually yes, Paul...but just now I got an awesome idea for a Paul on the next RAW: Which Paul is the best? Paul, Paul or Paul?
HHH: Damn Paul, thats why you are the boss!

Top Bottom