• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

strobogo

Banned
Alex Riley has his pre-show gig, they need him.
Eva Marie makes the company money through Total Divas, like her as a wrestler or not, she has value.
Jason Albert is a trainer at the Dev Center, has value.
Justin Gabriel is doing nothing and will likely never be called up to the roster, so fair enough.
Rosa Mendes is shitty, but on Total Divas, which is making the company money.
Scott Stanford does promo's for international shows and what not, is likely making the company money too.
Tamina Snuka is injured right now, so even if they could, they wouldn't fire an injured person.

Seriously though, I know the go-to releases for a company with over 800 employees is the ones you actually know from TV, but in the end, they are the companies bread and butter, they are the sole reason the company even exists, no matter how shit you might find them, if you're gonna let people go it makes much more sense to fire one of the assistants of the videopackage department than a wrestler.

Gabriel is on the main roster and has been on the main roster for 4 years now. He's on Superstars/Main Event/Smackdown pretty regularly. They've also fired a whole lot of people while they were out injured. There is nothing that stops them from doing that.

Mahonay

Banned
I never really understood why so many adult fans feel the need to touch the wrestlers when they go out into the crowd or walk down the aisle or whatever.

If you're 10 and starstruck, that's cute. It's a different story if you're 40 and need to touch Roman Reigns as he makes his way down the aisle.
They're trying to absorb some of his sex appeal through physical contact.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You touch wrestlers so you can eat their sweat and consume a small part of them.

I wish WWE TV was more like WWE's website. In depth, but not so much so that newcomers are confused. It's okay to say a guy had success elsewhere. No one watching Raw is gonna suddenly drop you and flip to NJPW. If they were, they'd have done it already.

jmdajr

The 10 most beautiful titles in sports-entertainment history

Guess what is no.1!!!!

Cenastupidsmile4_zps881f8612.gif

jmdajr

Some people are just intent on being miserable, they would do well in WrassleGAF. :D

Maybe I'm not such a good person, but I just hunker down and pretty much try to ignore a lot of the shit that is not directly affecting me. If I take the time to consume all the bad feels in the world, I wouldn't be able to function.

Cena can take it though. Give him your feels.

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe I'm not such a good person, but I just hunker down and pretty much try to ignore a lot of the shit that is not directly affecting me. If I take the time to consume all the bad feels in the world, I wouldn't be able to function.

Cena can take it though. Give him your feels.

I just like funny gifs and puppies.

they probaley wouldn’t do it now(they are desprate,but it woudnt move the needle anymway) But Solomon crowe gimmick should start wit him taking over the network

If this G1 has taught me anything, it's that AJ Styles may be the best American wrestler in the world at the moment. Since he's left TNA, he hasn't had anything even resembling a bad match. All his G1 matches, even with Yano, have been top notch. Guy is on a roll right now.
You let a good wrestler wrestle without tying him down with some bullshit and he'll deliver

Only a month or so until Grado makes his debut in North America for AIW - really looking forward to him winning over the US crowds, as I'm sure he'll do, the guy's such a charismatic fucker and if he doesn't get the proper sort of reaction I'll be very saddened, America.

jmdajr

I love to complain, good for the heart.

Supposedly men are most like to snap because they simply don't know how to let go of their feels. They bottle it all in. It's not man-ly to complain. It's all good until someone flips out and goes on a killing spree.

For the most part I don't let the little things bother me, or big things that don't directly affect me.

I do blow up if I feel people are being completely unreasonable.

Anyhow, at least I have my wife to listen to me. I think online ranting can only help so far.
You need that real world waa-waa experience.

edit: complaining constantly probably not healthy either.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Only a month or so until Grado makes his debut in North America for AIW - really looking forward to him winning over the US crowds, as I'm sure he'll do, the guy's such a charismatic fucker and if he doesn't get the proper sort of reaction I'll be very saddened, America.

His bullshit doesn't really work over here. It's gonna be a flop.

Yeah, but on the other hand we all know what Russo's idea of building towards a match is, so fuck him.

His bullshit doesn't really work over here. It's gonna be a flop.

Freight Train's over with smark indie crowds in the States. Freight Train.

As long as Grado's presented as a comedy wrestler first, he may genuinely surprise some people. But if AIW present him as some superstar of British wrestling, lol. Also, it will depend a lot on who he wrestles - Colt's probably the best way to introduce him to US folks.

Ithil

I'm liking this unchained Russo. He's making some good points. He said the matches from Destination X didn't mean much, because there was no build to them. Just guys thrown together to wrestle.

Says he, the master of shitty stories that don't build matches because they make no sense.

I still think the live feed of the Network has no purpose other than PPVs. It can't be cheap to run video 24/7 like that and while it's a neat idea, there's really no reason WWE has given for it to exist. Main Event isn't even really live and NXT is taped so both of those things could just go up on demand as they finish producing them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Freight Train's over with smark indie crowds in the States. Freight Train.

As long as Grado's presented as a comedy wrestler first, he may genuinely surprise some people. But if AIW present him as some superstar of British wrestling, lol. Also, it will depend a lot on who he wrestles - Colt's probably the best way to introduce him to US folks.

I think there's something impenetrable about Grado that isn't about being a smark crowd - just something we CAN'T click with. It'll be nice if I'm wrong and it's just me, but I think it's just to goddamn foreign (uguu) to have even the same kind of connection as Freight Train.

By the way those of you who backed that Freight Train kickstarter, it happened. Looking forward to my DVD.

RBH

I would still love to see AJ Styles get a shot in the WWE. Regardless of his age and his previous association with TNA, just seeing him for a short-term run in the WWE would be a treat and definitely well-deserved for him. I know his family obligations might prevent it, but I hope he can take that path in his career sooner rather than later.

Just caught up on Destination X, Solid show. My only problem is that I couldn't stand that Homicide and Tigre Uno took punches from Joe and each other as if they were the same. Joe even did a big wind up punch and Tigre Uno just dropped to one knee. The dude is 100 plus pounds bigger, act like he hits harder than the 175 pound guys.

Top Bottom