• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

DMczaf

RAW_1107_Photo_247.jpg

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
VWak5vV.jpg

Can't wait for the gif of the sign falling to reveal the legit shook sign.

hahahahah

Ha, thanks for the recognition. Might as well cross post a few other pictures.

Negatives of attending in person: Too many ads, terrible smell (BO and various), so fuc*ing loud (forgot my ear plugs), ridiculous traffic, whiny babies. Does anyone know if there was a dark match? We had to leave when it ended because Baby was being a butt and we knew he wouldn't be able to stay any longer.

I gave up watching Raw and watched Game Center CX instead. Now I know what it's like to be Dragonzord.

bean, please check your control panel. I sent you a NeoGAF friend request

9NfnDUC.jpg
I don't know what this is but OK.
Remember when hustle, loyalty, and respect were integral parts of this community?

Then "Full Sail University" got in business.

Friend bean can fill you in on the rest of the sad details.

People that watch and comment on NXT are just the worst. They think they're better than everyone else.

Aiii

So not worth it
Here is what we know about Brock Lesnar:

-He has no feelings
-His favorite thing is to hurt people
-He is at 1000% power level
-He is a God

...and you marks think Cena has a chance? Bring on The Age of Brock

Here is what we know about John Cena:
-He wins.
-Lol.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
For what it's worth though, Nash at least still looks like he could wrestle and it look believable. Plus, he never was that amazing in the first place, I doubt there's a move he could do 20 years ago that he couldn't do today
I agree. For some reason he doesn't think so. He recently said he likes walking too much when asked about wrestling Reigns.

VoxPop

Watching Spring Stampede 99. How did Sandman ever get a job with WCW?

Damn hardcore matches were one of the worst things that happened to wrestling.

Love how they sell each spot for like 10 seconds each before moving onto the next. While the main event guys just fall flat to a chairshot or just a peoples elbow.

Sandman > Punk

VoxPop

Bischoff had a never-ending boner for taking as many people from ECW as he could. What the fuck did WCW need Mikey Whipwreck for?

Yeah he actually just showed up to wrestle Scotty Riggs.. They really didn't give a shit about PPVs and just wanted TV ratings. The past few WCW ppvs I've watched have been a joke. At least Whipwreck got a decent payday

Damn Riggs got a terrible Rick Rude impersonation going.

Wow what a terrible match and finish lmao.

WCW production is horrid.

Yay Konnan vs Disco Inferno.

I think we give the current product too much undeserved hate. 90s were pretty bad.

Lol none of these guys sell anything for 15 min then go down to their own finisher. I don't understand

Damn there are literally no breaks. They instantly go into the next match unless these PPVs have been edited

Oh man forgot about the cargo pants, maskless Rey mysterio.

Future World Heavyweight Champion vs. The guy who holds Torrie Wilson's bag on the red carpet

LOL crazy redneck woman feeling big poppa pump and nonstop woo'ing while he berates her husband. This is fuckin gold

Kornflayx

Their schedule of uploading shows is just fucking ridiciulous. Why are they uploading SmackDown from the beginning now, when the goddamn RAWs leading up to them are not available? I can't comprehend this logic

Aiii

So not worth it
Sorry Xater, guess you're getting some pay-channel on satellite soon.

---

Guys, only 7 more days until the GOAT game
(GO2014 at least)
is coming out on PS4.

So hyped for Diablo 3 on PS4 through Remote Play :D

Xater

---

(GO2014 at least)
is coming out on PS4.

Because that will get me to subscribe. A fucking TV channel. What year is this?

I don't have shit to play right now. Maybe I should pick up Diablo 3 as well. I don't want to play alone though.

Also they seriously brought out a cake with 9.99 on it for Hulk? This company could not be more pathetic.

---

(GO2014 at least)
is coming out on PS4.

I'm really thinking about buying it but I don't know why. I never got into it on PC, so why am I assuming it'll be any different on PS4.

PInk Tape

Banned
Their schedule of uploading shows is just fucking ridiciulous. Why are they uploading SmackDown from the beginning now, when the goddamn RAWs leading up to them are not available? I can't comprehend this logic

My only guess is that they think people who want to watch things in chronological order are squares.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm really thinking about buying it but I don't know why. I never got into it on PC, so why am I assuming it'll be any different on PS4.

IT IS SO MUCH BETTER!

Seriously, Diablo 3 on consoles is the ultimate experience, it's so much more fun to play I can't even begin (plus when that came out, it had the better loot experience by not having an AH and dropping mostly character relevant items so when you spend a couple of hours playing you'd always end up with one or two new worthwhile items on your character).

Diablo 3 is also one of the few games I got a platinum in (the others being TWD (twice), Wolf Among Us and Uncharted 3 and Golden Abyss heh), which is pretty telling since one of the trophies literally requires you to look 5 million gold from drops alone.

That's some good PR;

"Kazuchika Okada established a 'Rainmaker Fund' to raise money for the prevention of childhood cancer. Every time Okada wins with the Rainmaker the fund at the Children's Cancer Association of Japan will be raised by ¥30,000 and Okada has already donated ¥780,000 to the Children's Cancer Association for delivering 26 Rainmaker victories so far."

John Cena should steal that. Each of his 5 Moves of Doom donates to a different charity but they only get the money if he completes the 5MOD, so heels would get a ton of heat for disrupting the sequence. I mean, you're not just cutting off John Cena mid-flying shoulder tackle, you're cutting off 30 grand to Make a Wish.

Also, Bob Sappuuuu update;

oCGGZ9E.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
So basically if you're booing a johncenawins.lol moment you're booing children with cancer?

Boots, that's so insanely genius that I'm sure WWE will never do it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So basically if you're booing a johncenawins.lol moment you're booing children with cancer?

Boots, that's so insanely genius that I'm sure WWE will never do it.

They already basically did that when Cena brought out the make a wish kids.

Striker

I still cant believe they are giving Roman a catch phrase. It is awful.

Orton wins in predictable fashion. I remember he defeated Sheamus a year or so ago because Sheamus tried some springboard move he had never attempted until that match.

IT IS SO MUCH BETTER!

Seriously, Diablo 3 on consoles is the ultimate experience, it's so much more fun to play I can't even begin (plus when that came out, it had the better loot experience by not having an AH and dropping mostly character relevant items so when you spend a couple of hours playing you'd always end up with one or two new worthwhile items on your character).

Diablo 3 is also one of the few games I got a platinum in (the others being TWD (twice), Wolf Among Us and Uncharted 3 and Golden Abyss heh), which is pretty telling since one of the trophies literally requires you to look 5 million gold from drops alone.

Yeah I think I'll pick it up. Between Diablo and Destiny, I don't think I'll have much of a life.

KissVibes

Banned
That's some good PR;

"Kazuchika Okada established a 'Rainmaker Fund' to raise money for the prevention of childhood cancer. Every time Okada wins with the Rainmaker the fund at the Children's Cancer Association of Japan will be raised by ¥30,000 and Okada has already donated ¥780,000 to the Children's Cancer Association for delivering 26 Rainmaker victories so far."

John Cena should steal that. Each of his 5 Moves of Doom donates to a different charity but they only get the money if he completes the 5MOD, so heels would get a ton of heat for disrupting the sequence. I mean, you're not just cutting off John Cena mid-flying shoulder tackle, you're cutting off 30 grand to Make a Wish.

Also, Bob Sappuuuu update;

oCGGZ9E.jpg

Okada is a real hero for the kids. So cool.

Daniel Bryan was there last night for this stupid fuckin' angle.

09ormFf.jpg

Modo Center is where they were at for RAW.

I'm going to guess Russo has been some double agent this entire time and feeds awful ideas to Vince or Dunn. Russo is really a triple agent and works for DOUBLE J

At least we got some fun tweets:

https://twitter.com/facdaniels/status/499007050395820035
https://twitter.com/FrankieKazarian/status/499007255262425088

Aiii

So not worth it
They already basically did that when Cena brought out the make a wish kids.

I suppose you aren't wrong heh.

I'm going to guess Russo has been some double agent this entire time and feeds awful ideas to Vince or Dunn. Russo is really a triple agent and works for DOUBLE J

At least we got some fun tweets:

https://twitter.com/facdaniels/status/499007050395820035
https://twitter.com/FrankieKazarian/status/499007255262425088

As long as WWE is around, TNA will never die!

Got a few old New Japan shows in the post, one from 2002 with an awesome Nagata vs Chono 60 minute match, but the rest of the show is weird as NJPW was fully in the grip of Inoki madness. For instance, Chyna is on this show, teaming with the GREAT MUTA, who isn't actually Muta (as denoted by the all-caps name) but rather some dude named Troy Enders from NWA Wildside wearing a full body suit that looks awwwwwwful. They're wrestling Tanahashi and Kenzo Suzuki and the 4 minute match consists of Chyna slapping Tanahashi around, trading some surprisingly half-decent mat work before she tags in GREAT MUTA and then, with his very first move of the match, he blows his freaking knee out and they have to abruptly work a count-out finish to cover for him;

MUTAlol.gif

The whole thing sounds utterly ridiculous and I assume was a sort of 'fuck you' to Mutoh (who had purchased All Japan) by making a mockery of his character, but Inoki was pushing this dude HARD. In his previous match he beat freaking prime Tenzan in 6 minutes after no selling all of Tenzan's offence and made his debut beating Liger & Minoru in a couple of minutes. He appeared once more in New Japan at the after-show for the 2003 Tokyo Dome event, losing in an 'alumni battle royale'.

I remember watching that match.

Even back then, I remember saying, 'Why the fuck is Chyna here? Who asked for this?'

Yeah, I have no idea who that was supposed to appeal to - the MMA shit I get, because it was popular as hell in Japan at the time and I guess Inoki felt like he had to respond, rather than doubling-down on what made the product so great in the 90's.

Got a few old New Japan shows in the post, one from 2002 with an awesome Nagata vs Chono 60 minute match, but the rest of the show is weird as NJPW was fully in the grip of Inoki madness. For instance, Chyna is on this show, teaming with the GREAT MUTA, who isn't actually Muta (as denoted by the all-caps name) but rather some dude named Troy Enders from NWA Wildside wearing a full body suit that looks awwwwwwful. They're wrestling Tanahashi and Kenzo Suzuki and the 4 minute match consists of Chyna slapping Tanahashi around, trading some surprisingly half-decent mat work before she tags in GREAT MUTA and then, with his very first move of the match, he blows his freaking knee out and they have to abruptly work a count-out finish to cover for him;

MUTAlol.gif

The whole thing sounds utterly ridiculous and I assume was a sort of 'fuck you' to Mutoh (who had purchased All Japan) by making a mockery of his character, but Inoki was pushing this dude HARD. In his previous match he beat freaking prime Tenzan in 6 minutes after no selling all of Tenzan's offence and made his debut beating Liger & Minoru in a couple of minutes. He appeared once more in New Japan at the after-show for the 2003 Tokyo Dome event, losing in an 'alumni battle royale'.

I like how you see Chyna start clapping. It just makes it look like she's saying "Good job immediately blowing out your knee dipshit"

Aiii

So not worth it
Possible SummerSlam main event spoilers... Main event for house shows after SS is:

Seth Rollins vs. John Cena for the WWE World Heavyweight Title.

Figured as much, Cena wins lol, becomes de facto streak conquerer as planned and gets destroyed by Brock afterwards for the Rollins cash-in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The good old CTU days of NJPW when Liger had that sweet black outfit, and you thought Minoru Tanaka was the future.
Possible SummerSlam main event spoilers... Main event for house shows after SS is:

Figured as much, Cena wins lol, becomes de facto streak conquerer as planned and gets destroyed by Brock afterwards for the Rollins cash-in.

House show ads are always in the dark though

Those house show cards are always subject to change.

Aiii

So not worth it
House show ads are always in the dark though

Mweh, generally they're a pretty good indication of which program is next up for wrestlers.

Of course Brock isn't doing house shows, so who knows what's gonna be what, figured it was worth noting since I'm expecting this particular outcome.

Those house show cards are always subject to change.

Oh, I can guarantee you this match is going to be the main event of those shows if none of these guys get injured between now and then. Wether it'll be
for the title or not
, can indeed change.

Top Bottom