• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Alucard

Banned
Will everyone be pissed if Brock loses but Rollins cashes in? I don't think they can do that again...way too similar to last year's ending.

The good old CTU days of NJPW when Liger had that sweet black outfit, and you thought Minoru Tanaka was the future.

He was awesome, but I never liked the Heat mask, looked tacky. Also, I forgot how fun Blue Wolf was - obviously pretty green, but the crowd showed a lot of interest in him and they didn't really capitalise on that. There's a good Bas Rutten vs Koji Kanemoto match on this show, but while the win looks good on paper, it does little for Koji who comes across as being out of his depth, while Bas comes across as being a scary, dangerous dude who could have ended it whenever he chose.

Bas_Rutten.gif

Said it before and Ill keep saying it.

Cena is the WCW Kevin Nash of WWE. Creative control and ego running wild.

He was probably super pissed he never got a change to have Takers last match and now he take his revenge by beating Brock in his first match since WM.

Logic says Brock should win but in a Cena feud that doesn't matter.

Hasney

OH SHIT. This is such a surreal image. I don't even...

I hope he doesn't meet the same fate as Hero because Steen still looks like a chunky monkey here. Unless that's what they want.

Well they know what they are signing, Hero was more out of laziness. If that's his build, that's his build as long as he puts the work in.

Ithil

OH SHIT. This is such a surreal image. I don't even...

I hope he doesn't meet the same fate as Hero because Steen still looks like a chunky monkey here. Unless that's what they want.

Steen has a family to support and this is his chance to make it big, I'm sure he'll work to get into shape while in NXT. Unlike Hero he seems motivated, while Hero coasted on his reputation.

How long until the first report of WWE being pissed off at Streen for loudly cursing in front of a live audience?

But good for him. He has clearly been putting in the work in recent times to get in better shape and up his game.

So is Roman Reigns' catchphrase now him going "BELI-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT" in a high tone?

The catchphrase definitely needs work. And that shove-his-fangs-down-his-throat line sounded tortured. But his delivery of everything else was good. He's improving noticeably, which is nice. He sounds good saying some things right now and bad saying others, which is more encouraging than having no feel for the mic at all.

Sephzilla

I actually think Reigns is getting better on the mic. He isn't anything memorable yet but he's better than what he was 6 months ago. That belee daaat was bad though.

Also, Paige has improved tremendously.

ghostmind

Just finished MS conference, now time for some raw. Thankfully it stopped raining before raw started.

So much salt resulting from that Xbox conference.

Apparently Tomb Raider is now overrated, and was never that good anyway.

This is why I rarely venture out of the OT/OT Community any more.

Back to the topic of wrestling, I believe that after 3 weeks of G1, I am now experiencing withdrawal. Couldn't get to sleep last night, as I kept on feeling I had to stay up real late for something.

Sephzilla

My general thoughts on Tomb Raider 2013

-Combat was good, but not as good as Uncharted
-Tombs being pretty much optional in a game named Tomb Raider seems dumb
-Why introduce survival tactic stuff early in the game and forget it later on?
-Story was all sorts of bad

I'm getting an XB1 later this year for Halo, so I can still get Tomb Raider if I want. But I'm not going to get it simply because the first game wasn't anything special.

After yesterday's discussion of parks its no surprise that screamride has been my favorite surprise of the day. Sony's today too, right? Glad to be getting all the news in one day, bring on bloodbourne.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE.COM: Speaking of your interview skills, it was during a chance encounter in an airport with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin that you received the advice to “never stop running your mouth.” Clearly you view trash-talk as a pivotal ingredient to your success.

STEEN: I don’t think I would’ve had the success I’ve had if I hadn’t met him. I mean, I may have figured it out on my own eventually, but him telling me that in 2005 really put it into my head. And then I realized it made sense, because if you look at “Stone Cold” or The Rock — you know, the biggest WWE Superstars there have ever been — at that time, in 2005, they weren’t full-time actors, but they were still the biggest names in wrestling. Steve Austin was my favorite wrestler from the moment I saw him. When he came into WWE at the time as The Ringmaster, I was already sold on him.

So when he became “Stone Cold,” that’s when he really started “running his mouth,” as he put it. When he told me to never stop running my mouth, it made sense to me. It clicked. I was like, “Of course!” Because that’s what he did. The next night, I was again at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in California, and I began running my mouth. I immediately put it to good use. The difference was instantaneous. The attention I got from the fans and the buzz around me in wrestling grew exponentially from that point on. It was a pivotal moment, for sure. Like I said, maybe I would’ve figured it out on my own eventually, but having the biggest name in WWE history tell you something really hammers it into your head pretty quick.

Heh, didn't know this happened, that's pretty amazing.

Aiii

So not worth it
I do hope the US sales can carry the Xbox One, because I'm telling you guys, that thing is gonna bomb so hard in Europe... it won't be pretty.

ghostmind

LOL, travelling with WWE will allow Steen to increase his exposure to Zeus. (Read the article).

Really hyped about the future of NXT with Devitt/KENTA/Steen joining Zayn, Neville, and the rest.

Ithil

He also had that weird sounding "howyadoin PORTLAND!!" at that start of the interview. Guess they're trying to have him show more of a personality.

I fear they're already making him more of a "goofball" as their Top Face Template goes. I thought they'd at least wait til after he wins the title for that.

Top Bottom