• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

DMczaf

I like the idea of Vince getting Hogan a gift card for $9.99 for the WWE Network, when it's a 6 month commitment so Vince is sticking him with a $50 bill.

Carnies til the end.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like the idea of Vince getting Hogan a gift card for $9.99 for the WWE Network, when it's a 6 month commitment so Vince is sticking him with a $50 bill.

Carnies til the end.

Hogan wouldn't use it. It's why Vince has such a love/hate relationship with the guy. Hogan's as business savvy as he is.

dude wanted to wrestle.

gotta respect those goals :/

This is going to sound crass:
No I don't. Wrestling, like all other businesses, requires people in roles. His was never going to be as a serious wrestler or anything upper card, but he could've had a Santino-esque role for a long time if he played to that, or be on Spanish commentary for a very very long time.

Instead, he seems was focusing on other stuff.

Lots of hidden stuff in this game... I think I actually like it. In the horror "fuck me I am going to die" kind of way.

Oh fuck that shit

DMczaf

Hey Brock, should these jabronis be excited for WWE 2K15?

tumblr_na790f2pTA1sbzhteo1_400.gif

This is going to sound crass:
No I don't. Wrestling, like all other businesses, requires people in roles. His was never going to be as a serious wrestler or anything upper card, but he could've had a Santino-esque role for a long time if he played to that, or be on Spanish commentary for a very very long time.

Instead, he seems was focusing on other stuff.

Oh fuck that shit

I'm sure he would've been fine with that. I don't think he's delusional and saw himself as anything other than that.

Sokantish

Let's not overlook Ricardo's comments. WWE is a racist as fuck organization, and until a lot of people seriously call them out on this and put the pressure on, it's not changing. They are 30 years behind the rest of the country because the people on top are so heavily invested in the company and their own self-interests. Remember Vince not knowing who Jack Sparrow is? They exist in a literal WWE Universe and don't know shit else.

Yeah, this is a post racial country now and WWE needs to CATCH UP!

Watching New Japan's Ultimate Crush show from 2003 - this was one of Inoki's MMA deals, but it's bookended by some actual wrestling at least. First match is Tenzan vs Tanahashi for the no.1 contendership - heel Tenzan's a lot of fun and Tanahashi shows good fire, but it's strange seeing him sell so poorly compared to his work today. Glad he picked that up somewhere along the way.

Tenzan.gif

Hasney

Like others I'll also be waiting for gameplay footage. IGN has always been in Yukes/WWE's back pocket. So there gameplay previews should never be trusted.

While I'm not going to take the words at face value, the fact that they've changed it that much does have me a little pumped. They actually tried to change it up and take the engine forward, so I'm just verrry interested in getting my hands on it now.

Aiii

So not worth it
That horror game demo is supposed to be for the
new Silent Hill.
That's pretty cool.

Don't click on it StylesClash!

Mega big ass spoilers:
With Norman Reedus, by Guillermo Del Torro and with involvement of Hideo Kojima, which means it's probably FOX Engine.

Blown away really. Quite the megaton.

Man, Ken Shamrock vs Takashi Iizuka was a ton of fun - started out in fairly tame shootstyle fashion, with Iizuka showing off his amateur wrestling chops while Ken looked nervous laying his strikes in. Iizuka soon changed that, however, when he got on offence and just fucking WRECKED Shamrock with forearm strikes. After that, Ken had no problem taking it to Iizuka and we get a great, heated match that the crowd went nuts for. The main reason for this was Iizuka being a huge fucking dick, trying to tap Shamrock with the ankle lock, getting out of a leglock by using the ropes to climb to his feet and then stamping on Ken's face and generally just pounding his fucking face in with forearms. Iizuka took complete control in the final stretch, forcing Shamrock to the ropes multiple times after a single leg crab, rear naked choke and Takada-esque leglock, but eventually Ken grabbed the ankle lock on a reversal and Iizuka was forced to tap. This was like night and day compared to the Bas Rutten vs Kanemoto match which, while still a good contest, left Koji looking entirely out of his depth even in victory, whereas here Shamrock helped make Iizuka look like the fucking man even in defeat.

Shamrock.gif

Iizuka.gif

Shamrock1.gif

Gonzalez

Banned
While I'm not going to take the words at face value, the fact that they've changed it that much does have me a little pumped. They actually tried to change it up and take the engine forward, so I'm just verrry interested in getting my hands on it now.
DONT THRUST THEM! They've always made promises, and each and every time they've never met them. These games will never change until Yukes is completely gone from the development process.

"But dude this sounds promising" STOP RIGHT THE FUCK THERE! You know who else used to say the very same thing? TNA fans... And now where the fuck did that take them, huh?

Hasney

DONT THRUST THEM! They've always made promises, and each and every time they've never met them. These games will never change until Yukes is completely gone from the development process.

"But dude this sounds promising" STOP RIGHT THE FUCK THERE! You know who else used to say the very same thing? TNA fans... And now where the fuck did that take them, huh?

I enjoyed the last few episodes of TNA thank you very much!!

But seriously, anything different at this point is sounding good to me. They could announce that there's a Randy Orton mini-game where the camera watches you take a shit into a bag and scores you and I would welcome it with open arms.

Go ahead, throw your money away.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yall really excited for a game engine?

a game engine?

in 2014

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, were you guys talking about Shitty Hill or WWE2k15?

Both the same "are you guys really excited for a game engine"

Gonzalez

Banned
They could announce that there's a Randy Orton mini-game where the camera watches you take a shit into a bag and scores you and I would welcome it with open arms.
That's the Battered Wife Syndrome talking. You need stand up to Yukes now and boycott the games before it's too late. Sure the next few games will be worse, but you'll be taking the first step in stopping those monsters.

Hasney

That's the Battered Wife Syndrome talking. You need stand up to Yukes now and boycott the games before it's too late. Sure the next few games will be worse, but you'll be taking the first step in stopping those monsters.

I haven't bought one that wasn't pre-owned since SD V Raw 2011 since they never fixed the damn Universe mode. I would have had a lot of fun with that even with the gameplay as it was if they just fixed that.

Speaking of... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=125084090

But the chain grappling sounds interesting. They just need a demo and I'll be down day 1 if that plays well.

I'd like to say that the last time I played a WWE game was...'08, I think? I used a free rental coupon from Blockbuster to play it.
I haven't bought one that wasn't pre-owned since SD V Raw 2011 since they never fixed the damn Universe mode. I would have had a lot of fun with that even with the gameplay as it was if they just fixed that.

Speaking of... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=125084090

But the chain grappling sounds interesting. They just need a demo and I'll be down day 1 if that plays well.

lol, "if"

DMczaf

"Instead of showing you our new gameplay system that is completely different, we will just have IGN stumble about trying to describe it while also putting it in the best light possible.

Oh yeah, we ship in 2 months!"

ibzJM4zd3kV6pv.gif

#Queen #AllRedEverything

This made literally no sense, here she is cocky as ever after her win - Paige comes out, talks shit for a few minutes then all of a sudden Eva Marie is led on the outside holding her neck in agony ready to be attacked by AJ.

Did Paige's shittyness rupture Eva Maries neck?

Also what the fuck was Mr Wonderful saying to Heyman during the end segment I feel I must know he kept leaning and whispering

Liger & Kanemoto vs Heat & Tiger Mask was pretty fun, apart from Tiger's botchiness - the crowd only really cared about Liger though and the best part of the match was seeing him be a prick towards Tiger;

Liger.gif

Liger1.gif

Gonzalez

Banned
"Instead of showing you our new gameplay system that is completely different, we will just have IGN stumble about trying to describe it while also putting it in the best light possible.

Oh yeah, we ship in 2 months!"
Exactly... I think IGN pulled that "Wrestling sim" bullshit last year too.

Top Bottom