• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

RBH

SPOILERS: TOP THREE MATCHES FOR NEXT WWE NETWORK NXT SPECIAL
by Mike Johnson @ 9:55 PM on 7/31/2014

The top matches for the WWE Network's next NXT special on 9/11 will be:

*WWE NXT champ Adrian Neville vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Sami Zayn

*WWE NXT Women's champion Charlotte vs. Bayley

*WWE NXT Tag Team champions The Ascension vs. Sin Cara and Kalisto

Sid

Now that's a nice card.

Alucard

Banned
And here we see the worst case of denial in years. A magnificent study will be done over the course of the next few months, as we await with bated breath to see if the acceptance stage will occur before the casket of the deceased company is lowered into the ground.

Any positive or optimistic comment I make about TNA's future as a company is purely tongue in cheek.

I guess. Outside of Wyatt's who else has actual singing in new theme music? Almost no one it seems.
Just seems they cared more when they had actual CD releases.

That reminds me. Living Color mist be pissed at Punk. That royalty check ran dry.
Well ..maybe not yet. CM Punk Music to be re-dubbed on network!

I was just watching Royal Rumble 2014 on the Network and they dubbed Beaver Cleavage's theme over Punk's entrance.

Any positive or optimistic comment I make about TNA's future as a company is purely tongue in cheek.

Don't make me post the giant wall'o'text from a delusional TNA fanboy!!!! If you're too satirical about TNA, you just seem like a regular fan... so-and-so's law or something....

Kaladin

When I saw this hat on one of the latest TNA NYC episodes, I had to jump on it:

28467430581288067ae3db9d0455a804.jpg

I buy these hats because I LOVE the type of hat they use and it has been hard for me to find elsewhere. This hat just says IMPACT...that is it. There is nothing that ties it directly to TNA or wrestling, and I love that. It might as well say nothing, because IMPACT could literally be anything.

It's also much better than this one because this logo was kinda bulky on the hat:

black.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Wait, Hunico got bumped down?

KissVibes

Banned
Shaun Ricker/Slate Randall was released? Jesus fucking christ. YOU PEOPLE STILL EMPLOY CJ PARKER, BULL DEMPSEY, ANGELO DAWKINS, AND FUCKING MOJO RAWLEY.

Ricker was money you fucking goofballs. Dude is good looking, can talk really well, worked with Paul Bearer for years, and is a solid wrestler. Not amazing but very solid and could easily be a dependable fan favorite. Didn't The Rock also vouch for him since they worked together on that show?

Surprised this guy survived the cut;

4IJ9xu9.jpg

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING ASSHOLE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand that talk about a TNA hat not being a TNA hat, Sandmeng. Why don't you just not buy wrestling hats?

Shaun Ricker/Slate Randall was released? Jesus fucking christ. YOU PEOPLE STILL EMPLOY CJ PARKER, BULL DEMPSEY, ANGELO DAWKINS, AND FUCKING MOJO RAWLEY.

Ricker was money you fucking goofballs. Dude is good looking, can talk really well, worked with Paul Bearer for years, and is a solid wrestler. Not amazing but very solid and could easily be a dependable fan favorite. Didn't The Rock also vouch for him since they worked together on that show?

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING ASSHOLE.

Totally agree with this. Bro fist!!

E: Trips Fucked up. He even bashed on Punk and that was before he signed with E

strobogo

Banned
I don't legit detest many wrestlers, but there's one I really do and I just don't 'get it' with him - Shane Douglas.

Perhaps it's because I mainly remember him as Dean Douglas and that might have tainted my view on him, but I don't get it when ECW fans go on and on about how awesome he was. He seems to biggest self-mark ever, and all his promos are the same... and boring. I hated his work in ECW, I hated his work in WCW, I hated his work in WWE, I hated his work in TNA and I think he was even the worse thing about XPW.

Shane's best work was definitely 1992-1993 WCW run. Anything after 1995 is garbage because his body was completely broken down by the age of 32. And it got worse every year.

njean777

I always thought NXT was live, wouldn't it make sense for them to do the shows live so it can get the wrestlers ready for RAW if they ever move up?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can't draw conclusions on why people stick around or aren't released. Maybe Mojo Rawley is being paid jack shit (he probably is) and isn't worth cutting for what he gives.

This dude has fucking stretch marks on his baby fat. How did Vince not go into a seizure

To be fair, that was two years ago and he has bulked up some since - however, he's also 29 years old and as green as grass (wrestling a whopping grand-total of FIFTEEN MATCHES in his career), but does have that ex-football background WWE seems to covet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So my NJPW Friends:

G1 Climax 2014 vs 2013

Is this the better year? I feel like so far...yes. Yes it is.

Kornflayx

So my NJPW Friends:

G1 Climax 2014 vs 2013

Is this the better year? I feel like so far...yes. Yes it is.

I think this is the better year, and I haven't seen all the matches from Day 7 yet, but AJ vs. Suzuki is so close to Ishii vs. Shibata from last year. Just unbelievable, MOTY for me so far.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the overall quality is up, but there aren't as many HOLY SHITBALLS amazing matches as of yet - still 3 days of the group stages and the finals to go though!

Everyone's managing to hold up, too. I think the pace change, spacing things out...that's gone a long way. Really incredible, best $100+ entertainment I've spent all year. And I haven't even watched Day 7.

Top Bottom