• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

jred2k

So my NJPW Friends:

G1 Climax 2014 vs 2013

Is this the better year? I feel like so far...yes. Yes it is.

I think Nakamura and Okada both not being champions adds some more intrigue this year. Honma has put in some good work, but it still would have been nice to see Ibushi in it this year. No major injuries has been a blessing as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Beef, you're like two different people in WrassleGAF IRC. So weird.

BHZ Mayor

When I saw this hat on one of the latest TNA NYC episodes, I had to jump on it:

28467430581288067ae3db9d0455a804.jpg

I buy these hats because I LOVE the type of hat they use and it has been hard for me to find elsewhere. This hat just says IMPACT...that is it. There is nothing that ties it directly to TNA or wrestling, and I love that. It might as well say nothing, because IMPACT could literally be anything.

It's also much better than this one because this logo was kinda bulky on the hat:

black.jpg

Why are you guys ashamed of what you like? It's not like you're buying merch for those pedo anime games or something.

njean777

Sitting here playing BL2 on ps3 because Blizzard decided to lolly gag on Diablo 3 for Xbox one.

Oh and all my save data got wiped for some reason on BL2 and I lost both of my level 50 characters. Well at least I will get to play the dlc this time (even though I heard it isn't that great).

I'm surprised that wrestlers like Cesaro, Ambrose and Rollins are being saddled with such generic themes, music doesn't make a wrestler but it sure can help in a number of ways.

I'm not logged onto any form of IRC right now, or most of the time in general.

CM8aQ.gif

I'm going to dub Beef's possible doppelgänger as Professor Pork

The thing that bothers me the most about Cesaro's new theme is that the sirens aren't even in time.
What bothers me about Cesaro's theme is Cesaro's theme. Where do we stand on his miracle theme? I thought it was enjoyable.
Why are you guys ashamed of what you like? It's not like you're buying merch for those pedo anime games or something.
Yup. Completely agree. If you're enjoying something you guys should embrace it. Speaking of that...

I bought tickets to see Limp Bizkit at the Best Buy theater on October 8 broskie's, On a scale of 1-10 why is this show gonna be a 10? I'm taking my wrestling mask. Gonna be a helluva time.

jred2k

I wonder if they changed that theme to try and make the sirens more "European"? There should be a loud "Jobber Alert, Please Continue Sitting on You Hands" warning to follow it.

Xater

Nuts awesome or nuts bad? I can't bring myself to start it because I feel like I'm going to be bored.
I'm on part one and he dropped a swerve when talking about his upbringing that he says has never been revealed before, left me legit shook but you should listen to the setup beforehand to get the full effect. Out of context, it doesn't sound like much:

His adoptive father was gay

Cagey

Banned
This Ken Shamrock episode of the Steve Austin Show is pretty nuts.

Nuts awesome or nuts bad? I can't bring myself to start it because I feel like I'm going to be bored.

Nuts awesome. Ken Shamrock's story growing up is terrible, but the happy ending is him succeeding, of course.

Everything he says makes you realize if there's only one person on the planet you wouldn't want to get into a fight with under any circumstances, it's probably Ken Shamrock. That whole "never fight the crazy person at the bar" adage times a million.

DiscoJon

Banned
Alex Riley has his pre-show gig, they need him.
Eva Marie makes the company money through Total Divas, like her as a wrestler or not, she has value.
Jason Albert is a trainer at the Dev Center, has value.
Justin Gabriel is doing nothing and will likely never be called up to the roster, so fair enough.
Rosa Mendes is shitty, but on Total Divas, which is making the company money.
Scott Stanford does promo's for international shows and what not, is likely making the company money too.
Tamina Snuka is injured right now, so even if they could, they wouldn't fire an injured person.

Seriously though, I know the go-to releases for a company with over 800 employees is the ones you actually know from TV, but in the end, they are the companies bread and butter, they are the sole reason the company even exists, no matter how shit you might find them, if you're gonna let people go it makes much more sense to fire one of the assistants of the videopackage department than a wrestler.

Alex Riley is easily replaceable with myriad of people. Next.
Eva Marie absolutely sucks and is not a draw. Next.
Jason Albert is training now? Mmmm. Okay. Next.
Rosa Mendes hasn't been on Total Divas yet, so who's to say shes going to succeed on it.
Scott Stanford doing international promos? OH BOY. Next.
Tamina Snuka is injured. Yeah, they've never fired anyone who is hurt or comes back from a long term injury. Right.

You say that these nobody's are the companies "bread and butter" and you may be right.

But mark my words, once you start laying off "the assistants of the videopackage department" that's when things start to go downhill. Because people like that actually do a lot more for the company than you realize. WWE isn't some magic production where the Wrestlers just show up and things magically happen. There are camera people, sound people, pyro people, truck drivers, hair stylists, makeup artists, wardrobe people, electricians, catering people, etc... Once you start firing those people, the ones who actually MAKE THE SHOW HAPPEN, that's when the show goes to shit.

I have not watched anything of G1. What have been the best matches so far?

Day 1 - Tanahashi vs Honma, Nakamura vs Shibata, Okada vs Styles
Day 2 - Kojima vs Ishii, Yano vs Styles, Okada vs Tenzan
Day 3 - Goto vs Suzuki, Tanahashi vs Kojima, Okada vs Makabe
Day 4 - Honma vs Ishii, Nagata vs Nakamura, Naito vs Styles, Okada vs Anderson, Tanahashi vs Shibata
Day 5 - Goto vs Styles, Nakamura vs Honma, Okada vs Naito
Day 6 - Kojima vs Shibata, Goto vs Anderson, Tenzan vs Styles, Tanahashi vs Ishii
Day 7 - Tenzan vs Goto, Makabe vs Naito, Styles vs Suzuki, Nagata vs Shibata, Nakamura vs Ishii

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wait DiscoJon, you're telling me the wrestlers haven't been editing their own videos or photoshopping hilarious gag images!?

I'm a little bit of shook right now.

I'm on part one and he dropped a swerve when talking about his upbringing that he says has never been revealed before, left me legit shook but you should listen to the setup beforehand to get the full effect. Out of context, it doesn't sound like much:

His adoptive father was gay

Nuts awesome. Ken Shamrock's story growing up is terrible, but the happy ending is him succeeding, of course.

Everything he says makes you realize if there's only one person on the planet you wouldn't want to get into a fight with under any circumstances, it's probably Ken Shamrock. That whole "never fight the crazy person at the bar" adage times a million.

Awesome. Sold.

Austin is getting really good at being an interviewer, but he just isn't good at making uninteresting people (Christopher Daniels) interesting enough for me to want to sit through it all.

Xater

Day 1 - Tanahashi vs Honma, Nakamura vs Shibata, Okada vs Styles
Day 2 - Kojima vs Ishii, Yano vs Styles, Okada vs Tenzan
Day 3 - Goto vs Suzuki, Tanahashi vs Kojima, Okada vs Makabe
Day 4 - Honma vs Ishii, Nagata vs Nakamura, Naito vs Styles, Okada vs Anderson, Tanahashi vs Shibata
Day 5 - Goto vs Styles, Nakamura vs Honma, Okada vs Naito
Day 6 - Kojima vs Shibata, Goto vs Anderson, Tenzan vs Styles, Tanahashi vs Ishii
Day 7 - Tenzan vs Goto, Makabe vs Naito, Styles vs Suzuki, Nagata vs Shibata, Nakamura vs Ishii

Thanks, gotta bookmark that. You should keep it updated for people like me who lag behind :p

Alucard

Banned
I'm surprised that wrestlers like Cesaro, Ambrose and Rollins are being saddled with such generic themes, music doesn't make a wrestler but it sure can help in a number of ways.

CM8aQ.gif

I'm going to dub Beef's possible doppelgänger as Professor Pork

I've warmed up to Ambrose's theme. The revving at the beginning gets me hyped and you feel like shit is about to go down. Similar to Brock's opening hook.

Top Bottom