• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

I think there's 2 targeting types too, one cycles through people near and the other goes through the full list, annoyingly including managers and the ref.

As far as WWE13 goes at least it seemed to just have flat out auto or manual where pressing in the left stick focuses on the nearest opponent.
Which still kinda sucks because say you want to target someone on the over side of the ring or dive onto someone outside the ring you're at the mercy of the games nonsense targeting.
Here Comes the Pain had it on point, hold target button to focus on closest opponent, tap to cycle through, why they continue to ignore this method that worked perfectly fine boggles my mind.

This also meant I actually had to play the game, so much arm wrenching counters that make up like 50% of the match content and when it's not limb wrangling into yet another headlock it's something like Undertaker snapmaring Kane, vintage Undertaker? not even close. Boy it'd be swell if this time they could make a good game, I'm not even asking for great, just good would be fine at this point but I ain't holding my breath.

DMczaf

looks like they've given up on bo, too

these NXT call ups since Mania have done fuck all

Considering the wrestlers Vince keeps calling up to Raw, and the wrestlers Triple H has been hiring recently for NXT, I can already see where they're going with this. They've already had Becky Lynch drop her gimmick immediately.

Triple H will make NXT his own personal NWA.

somedevil

looks like they've given up on bo, too

these NXT call ups since Mania have done fuck all

They called up 4 people. Bo, Rose, Rusev and Paige

Right now Rusev and Paige are doing really good by getting Summerslam matches. Bo is struggling and Rose is basically just used for comedy sketches.

brehs

where are the kaitlyn gifs

ply pls halp

oh and uh some gifs to contribute myself

225A7.gif

2u0ng.gif

good one cena

Here's a consolation prize.

RTqfZQZ.gif

At this rate, Vince is just letting Triple H have his fun until he gets hold of them. If we're talking statistics, NXT call ups have failed more than succeeded.

somedevil

At this rate, Vince is just letting Triple H have his fun until he gets hold of them. If we're talking statistics, NXT call ups have failed more than succeeded.

There is like 3 versions of NXT. FCW, then the NXT show and then Triple H version.

The shield guys are all technically FCW guys who succeeded. Daniel Bryan and the others are the NXT show call ups.

Triple H call ups right now is Rusev, Paige, Bo and Adam Rose and 2 of them have succeeded.

Triple H call ups right now is Rusev, Paige, Bo and Adam Rose and 2 of them have succeeded.

I could argue Bo and Rose succeeded too. Bo was never going to be anything but a damn goof, and Rose took Santino's spot/now has a spot for life because they can mask bringing people in for tryouts by having them be part of the Rosebuds

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There is like 3 versions of NXT. FCW, then the NXT show and then Triple H version.

The shield guys are all technically FCW guys who succeeded. Daniel Bryan and the others are the NXT show call ups.

Winning the divas title =/= succeeded. Gail won the womens title with no storyline and set around in purgatory for all of her WWE career. They always give that title away to debuts.

Gonzalez

Banned
I think there's 2 targeting types too, one cycles through people near and the other goes through the full list, annoyingly including managers and the ref.
Then your body starts spazzing out, and you turn into Mr. Fantastic. This usually happens do to a glitch where you manual lock onto an opponent while near a corner holding a weapon, and taunting at the same while wearing a hat, and once had sex with Batista.

Seriously these will never ever work.

somedevil

Winning the divas title =/= succeeded. Gail won the womens title with no storyline and set around in purgatory for all of her WWE career. They always give that title away to debuts.

She has been in a storyline with AJ Lee that has gone on for 2 pay per views and might hit a third. She gets tv time and promo time. So she already done more than your description of Gail. Also, success for women's wrestling is different in the WWE compared to the men.

I also forgot Big E and Xavier Woods were call ups of his as well. Big E has done stuff and Xavier could be doing more.

This can't be real. I can't believe 2K15 is gonna actually look good. I thought that was some random real picture of Goldust for a second.

Bu6vZKhCAAEw8hp.jpg

I think those are touched up a bit. I still expect it will look decent. This offscreen pic isn't half bad. I think it's from the PS4 version.;

Hasney

Then your body starts spazzing out, and you turn into Mr. Fantastic. This usually happens do to a glitch where you manual lock onto an opponent while near a corner holding a weapon, and taunting at the same while wearing a hat, and once had sex with Batista.

Seriously these will never ever work.

4J7sm.gif

Showaddy

It's kinda hard to say Adam Rose hasn't succeeded because he's was never meant to make a serious impact anyway. If they wanted him to actually do something they would have sent him up as Leo Kruger; instead it feels like they just wanted to give someone who had no place in development any more something to do.

At the end of the day NXT is producing the lower & mid-carders of the future as well, not just the top guys.

Into

What are they going to do with the briefcase if/when Lesnar wins?

Maybe they can make some sort of alliance between the Authority which Seth is a part of and Heyman, the two heel groups, that whoever manages to beat Brock, will have Seth to deal with, ensuring that none of the faces ever get the belt. Afterall if Cena could not beat Brock at Summerfest, who can?

Ofcourse Reigns overcomes this eventually, which seems to be the entire point of Lesnar even winning, to make Reigns a big star.

They can even have Ambrose be Reign's tag team partner and "friend" against these two groups and then eventually turn on him to, to add even more adversity to Reigns.

Lingitiz

Maybe they can make some sort of alliance between the Authority which Seth is a part of and Heyman, the two heel groups, that whoever manages to beat Brock, will have Seth to deal with, ensuring that none of the faces ever get the belt. Afterall if Cena could not beat Brock at Summerfest, who can?

Ofcourse Reigns overcomes this eventually, which seems to be the entire point of Lesnar even winning, to make Reigns a big star.

They can even have Ambrose be Reign's tag team partner and "friend" against these two groups and then eventually turn on him to, to add even more adversity to Reigns.
I have a feeling they may be leading to the authority turning on Heyman and sending people out to stop Lesnar until Mania. Reigns might not be ready by then to take that win though.

Sephzilla

Cena is going to pin Lesnar clean.

Rollins is going to try and cash in on Cena.

Cena is going to pin Rollins clean.

Appledough.

I have a feeling they may be leading to the authority turning on Heyman and sending people out to stop Lesnar until Mania. Reigns might not be ready by then to take that win though.

I get the vibe that once Brock wins, he's going to hold the company hostage like he did when he came back, except this time nobody can say no.

Authority sends people to stop him, other people try to stop him, but nobody does, so the Authority turns to their greatest enemy to stop him.

It's Daniel Bryan. That's your Mania main. Especially since this was supposed to be him vs Brock anyways.

Cena is going to pin Lesnar clean.

Rollins is going to try and cash in on Cena.

Cena is going to pin Rollins clean.

Appledough.

...Or this, because this would be fucking hilarious

BHZ Mayor

Even if Brock does somehow win at Summerslam, Cena's getting it right back at Night of Champions, simultaneously tying Flair's record and beating the 1 in 21-1.

Sephzilla

I get the vibe that once Brock wins, he's going to hold the company hostage like he did when he came back, except this time nobody can say no.

Authority sends people to stop him, other people try to stop him, but nobody does, so the Authority turns to their greatest enemy to stop him.

It's Daniel Bryan. That's your Mania main. Especially since this was supposed to be him vs Brock anyways.

That's actually a really good idea, which means WWE won't do it of course. I like the idea of Brock being an unstoppable force that nobody, heel or face, can stop.

Too bad Taker probably can't go anymore. This would also be a good scenario for him to come back to avenge The Streak.

jred2k

Brock holding the title hostage could be a great way to generate some actual competition. If he says that he won't come back until someone impresses and you never know when he'll be watching, it could help filler matches actually mean something. Or they could place some importance on the US/IC titles and say that if someone manages to have a 90 day reign they can challenge Brock. It kind of buries the roster and makes every look below him, but that's already kind of happening so it couldn't hurt.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why?

Ryback is Reigns minus any of Reign's 5 memorable moves.

Because Ryback's character is some insane mix of Scott Steiner and Ultimate Warrior, and I can get behind that more than cool guy doing cool things. I already have Orton doing that. And him being 'fun and playful' I already have Cena and Sheamus doing that.

Ryback sucked, but at least it was a monster face. At least it was something different, and they knew not to let him talk too much.

That's actually a really good idea, which means WWE won't do it of course. I like the idea of Brock being an unstoppable force that nobody, heel or face, can stop.

Too bad Taker probably can't go anymore. This would also be a good scenario for him to come back to avenge The Streak.

I think him holding it hostage is definitely happening. I'd bank on Bryan being the one to kill the beast too. The rest? I have no idea.

I love that whole fucking video of the gif I posted. From Big Show spazzing out with 2 ladders, to thinking the game is crashed, to finally his epic return with that worm stretch over the barricade.

The "We'll see you at Halloween Havoc" part always gets me

It's so goddamn good. It hits supernova when Show leaves the arena, then when Johnny fucking plays Chariots of Fire as he comes back, and ends with Big Show doing his best Noby Noby Boy impression

Top Bottom