• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

XenoRaven

Why?

Ryback is Reigns minus any of Reign's 5 memorable moves.
Spear
Jumping Punch
Kick Thingy
Mandatory Samoan Samoan Drop
???

I secretly liked Ryback during his jobber destruction push and I still like him now. My only problem with Ryback was when they ran out of opponents for heel Punk and just said "hey let's throw Ryback in there!" He wasn't ready for that spot, and the fans weren't ready to see him legitimately contend with Punk.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Reigns kick from outside the ring is the worst move in wrestling history, barely beating out the 6-1-9

It's a cool move when it's done by people who aren't shit
i.gif

Spear
Jumping Punch
Kick Thingy
Mandatory Samoan Samoan Drop
???

I secretly liked Ryback during his jobber destruction push and I still like him now. My only problem with Ryback was when they ran out of opponents for heel Punk and just said "hey let's throw Ryback in there!" He wasn't ready for that spot, and the fans weren't ready to see him legitimately contend with Punk.

He has a headbutt.

Reigns kick from outside the ring is the worst move in wrestling history, barely beating out the 6-1-9

619 is worse because it looked so harmless. But yes, the apron boot is dumb, because all of sudden anyone he fights is randomly getting set up for the spot.

But at least the kick itself actually looks like it hurts, which the 619 never did.

Sephzilla

Just based upon a quick glance, besides the graphical improvements, game seems like it's pretty much the same from the previous entries.

It looks like it has Yukes clunk still in there but I actually think based on that quick glance it looks improved. Like, maybe to an actual playable level above 12, 13, or 2k14.

Granted the updated animations and look could be throwing me off a bit.

DMczaf

It looks like a prettier WWE 2K14. I see the same clunky animation transitions. Same clunky animations. Same clunky gameplay.

Y'all some clunky jabronis if you buy this shit again.

Raw64life

Same shit with a fresh coat of paint. They've had 10 years to fix the janky animation and collision detection and they never have. They clearly have no interest in ever fixing it.

That gameplay doesn't look too hot at all, there's something that hits the uncanny valley in movement and motions in these modern WWE games, they want to look realistic but can't quite recreate that and instead it often looks like a combo of slow, stiff and janky, put more simply it looks plain unnatural. Lacks the satisfying punch of more arcade like gameplay, lacks enough realism to be as authentic as they want it to be.
I don't know if the lack of game audio is a factor but those ground strikes lack weight and impact, admittedly it's not footage good enough to really draw much information out of mostly consisting of Irish whips galore and only a few other moves otherwise but in any case it looks like more of the usual.

jred2k

I'm glad Dragonzord made the Scott Steiner/Ryback comparison. I was just thinking the other day how him and Axel reminded me of Steiner and Bagwell being together. They're in a role right now that plays to their strengths and they aren't being overexposed. I'd say Rybaxel is probably one of the most improve parts of WWE this year and I never thought I'd say that about either guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Same shit with a fresh coat of paint. They've had 10 years to fix the janky animation and collision detection and they never have. They clearly have no interest in ever fixing it.
WWE fans will keep watching trash no matter how much they complain about it. Why would the game be any different?

DMczaf

That is just lipstick on a pig.

Pretty much. You can see how easy it is to fool people with that lipstick just from the Gaming Forum thread. You drop that video down to 240p and you're watching the last 5 years of WWE Yukes video games.

Can't wait to see the Stinger Splash in that janky mess.

Striker

But at least the kick itself actually looks like it hurts, which the 619 never did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZu6spn6KqA

Makes no sense for it to turn into a splash. He's a small dude and he doesn't get a lot of height on his jump.

Orton's apron DDT is equally awful, but he's shown some creative spots around the ring to do it. Reigns always does his apron dropkick on the hard camera, so it looks super convoluted while setting up.

jred2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZu6spn6KqA

Makes no sense for it to turn into a splash. He's a small dude and he doesn't get a lot of height on his jump.

Orton's apron DDT is equally awful, but he's shown some creative spots around the ring to do it. Reigns always does his apron dropkick on the hard camera, so it looks super convoluted while setting up.

A few weeks ago on Raw in his match with Kane it was the worst. It looks ridiculous when an opponent is getting in to position while he is SPRINTING out of the ring. Reigns looks more like an actor trying to hit his cue than a wrestler.

Cagey

Banned
A few weeks ago on Raw in his match with Kane it was the worst. It looks ridiculous when an opponent is getting in to position while he is SPRINTING out of the ring. Reigns looks more like an actor trying to hit his cue than a wrestler.

There's too many spots like this in WWE.

The opponent swing-and-missing at Cena before that powerbomb-kinda thing.
The Orton DDT.
The apron kick (I'm hurt, lemme magically fall on the bottom rope for you).
The Bryan running dropkicks in the corner (where the opponent decides he absolutely has to crawl to the corner while Bryan runs to the opposite corner).

Seth Rollins's finisher annoys me because of the setup involved, where a guy has to stand hunched over in the ring like a dope.

There's plenty others I'm forgetting.

They need to make this shit feel a bit more organic.

jred2k

There's too many spots like this in WWE.

The opponent swing-and-missing at Cena before that powerbomb-kinda thing.
The Orton DDT.
The apron kick (I'm hurt, lemme magically fall on the bottom rope for you).
The Bryan running dropkicks in the corner (where the opponent decides he absolutely has to crawl to the corner while Bryan runs to the opposite corner).

Seth Rollins's finisher annoys me because of the setup involved, where a guy has to stand hunched over in the ring like a dope.

There's plenty others I'm forgetting.

They need to make this shit feel a bit more organic.

Rollins finisher doesn't look too bad if they get the timing right. If he gets the person just as they are getting up and are still a little hunched over it works. I've always found the worst offended of the whole "dazed in the middle of the ring" thing to be the drop-down uppercut the Rhodes brothers do. The person taking that has to be bent over for a good 2-3 seconds longer than they should be compared to a normal back body drop.

Gonzalez

Banned
Seriously just fix the fucking gameplay, or fuck just create a new engine. Fuck photo realistic graphics. The KOC series has looked like ass for 15+ years, and it still plays like a dream. Stop fucking claiming you'll make a "wrestling sim", and just make one already.

Friends I hope I can count on you to sign the petition that will prevent tomb raider the second one from coming out on the playstation 4 an audacious and unacceptable three months after the xbox one. There's already 10k signatures in over a day!

:V

¡HarlequinPanic!;125216120 said:
Friends I hope I can count on you to sign the petition that will prevent tomb raider the second one from coming out on the playstation 4 an audacious and unacceptable three months after the xbox one. There's already 10k signatures in over a day!

Gaming-side never ceases to impress

Rollins finisher doesn't look too bad if they get the timing right. If he gets the person just as they are getting up and are still a little hunched over it works. I've always found the worst offended of the whole "dazed in the middle of the ring" thing to be the drop-down uppercut the Rhodes brothers do. The person taking that has to be bent over for a good 2-3 seconds longer than they should be compared to a normal back body drop.

If you watch a lot of wrestling though, you'll see people going down for a back body drop WAY too early all the time.

I mean, the graphics do look a lot better on 2K15, but it still looks like that trash Yukes gameplay...

¡HarlequinPanic!;125216120 said:

I don't know why, but ":V" makes me laugh so hard.

Top Bottom