• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Hasney

¡HarlequinPanic!;125216120 said:
Friends I hope I can count on you to sign the petition that will prevent tomb raider the second one from coming out on the playstation 4 an audacious and unacceptable three months after the xbox one. There's already 10k signatures in over a day!

:V

I signed it!

I don't like Tomb Raider, it was pretty terrible. But I'll be DAMNED if MS OR Sony take another goddamn game away from coming out day and date on the Dreamcast along with the other versions. This has gone on long enough.

Gonzalez

Banned
Prick comparing the Yukes games to KOC II. Fucking blasphemous!!!
Wish I'd see him in person so I can shove my copy of KOC right down his throat!

Cagey

Banned
Sorry. Epic Wrestlemania 31 story line is on it's way.

Daniel Bryan forgot the virtues of Loyalty and Respect. John Cena to defeat Daniel Bryan and defend the honor of the Bella Twins. Cena will then ride off into sunset with both Bella Twins.

Rise Above Infidelity.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's an affair storyline? I just fast forwarded through the segment, apparently I was right to do so.

Summary:
tumblr_na8uscO0gb1s2q3vmo1_500.png

Cliff notes?

Poster opens a thread to whine about how neogaf still gives the xbone shit for being shit after gamescom. Says neogaf is no longer a discussion forum but a place for whiny babies

emphasizes his point with pictures of black preacher man from alien 3

bishop/Sam Jackson calls him out because he used his PR email to make a gaf account

ban hammer

Here's the thread

Sephzilla

Poster opens a thread to whine about how neogaf still gives the xbone shit for being shit after gamescom. Says neogaf is no longer a discussion forum but a place for whiny babies

bishop/Sam Jackson calls him out because he used his PR email to make a gaf account

ban hammer

Here's the thread

Holy fuck I know this guy - he used to lurk in Dtoids forums.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
smh @ poorly done PR. That shit reads like a PR release.

Effective PR is PR you don't notice. Maybe even a part of WrassleGAF. Or other communities.

Vylash

ban hammer

Here's the thread

beautiful

jmdajr

I have no idea what is going on in gaming side outside that they crashed Neogaf and I couldn't post in OT.

Whatever everyone is so worked about... it's probably shit I don't care about.

If I should be mad though, tell me why. I'll listen. At least.

Gonzalez

Banned
smh @ poorly done PR. That shit reads like a PR release.

Effective PR is PR you don't notice. Maybe even a part of WrassleGAF. Or other communities.
If I find out that someone here is a PR, it would hurt me more than when Takis removed my favorite flavor from the shelves. By the way have you seen some of the prizes Takis is giving away when you sign up for there Super Summer Slam giveaway?

BHZ Mayor

Take the grappling system as an example. Just go ahead and eliminate any thought you had about walking up to your opponent at the start of a match and just delivering a DDT or a backbreaker because they failed to counter it. That’s just not how a match in the WWE starts, so when you press the grapple button in the early stages of a match in WWE 2K15, it initiates the new chain wrestling system.

Yet in the video, the very first move in the match is Randy Orton powerslamming Cesaro.

¡HarlequinPanic!;125226953 said:
Why bother sending pr goons? Plenty of people like the xbox one on neogaf. Pretty silly~

Not enough, evidentially. That's the whole point of astroturfing - a company lacks the grass roots support it feels it needs to legitimize it's "messaging", so it pays a PR firm to create that grass roots support and potentially trick consumers into thinking the product has a buzz about it, even in the face of a stronger competitor gaining more market share. Often it works, but when noticed it just comes across as pathetically desperate. Especially in a medium like gaming where a large number of consumers already view 'independent' reviews and opinions with outright cynicism and distrust. There's no quick fix when something has marred your products image.

God, could you imagine if WWE did this shit? Come on, which of you fucks in the TNA WrassleGAF crew are on Dixie's payroll?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not enough, evidentially. That's the whole point of astroturfing - a company lacks the grass roots support it feels it needs to legitimize it's "messaging", so it pays a PR firm to create that grass roots support and potentially trick consumers into thinking the product has a buzz about it, even in the face of a stronger competitor gaining more market share. Often it works, but when noticed it just comes across as pathetically desperate. Especially in a medium like gaming where a large number of consumers already view 'independent' reviews and opinions with outright cynicism and distrust. There's no quick fix when something has marred your products image.

God, could you imagine if WWE did this shit? Come on, which of you fucks in the TNA WrassleGAF crew are on Dixie's payroll?

Also when they are busted, it looks unbelievably bad. There's a thread on gaming-side about PR blunders and a lot of them are GAF moments. The Borderlands guy coming on and saying how all games should be like Borderlands. The alliwantforxmasisapsp blunder...my god that was incredible.

Fox Mulder

Yo wtf, obviously the affair angle was just Steph baiting Brie out to slap this yak so she can get arrested.

this sounds awful.

I've always though it's real dumb when they bring arrests into storylines. Like shouldn't everyone get arrested for all the assaults that take place backstage or whatever.

Top Bottom