• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

strobogo

Banned
Ok, I'm confused. I'm trying to do a chronological watch of Saturday Night's Main Event, but I think there's an episode missing. Episode 14 has Hogan fighting Bundy and Andre interferes. Episode 15 has Hogan fighting Harley Race
(whose gimmick was awful, by the way)
and Vince being like "Let's go back to our last episode" and it shows a recap of Hogan fighting Andre with all kinds of shenanigans going on. What the hell? Was there a PPV in between or something.

Are you sure you watched it in the right order? There are a few right around that time that go from like 12 to 35 and the numbering is all off. But I think they actually are in the right order, just mislabeled. I don't know. Andre did beat Hogan up on 14. The clips they show are from The Main Event, which was a Friday version of SNME that aired a few times. What is labeled as episode 37 has the date for The Main Event, but I can't get anything on the Network to load right now since the Dutch can now steal all the bandwidth legally.

I'm assuming the clips are of the two Hebners and all that.

Gonzalez

Banned
Unless he becomes a brawler, returning to the same style you've been using recently in a hard as shit Mexican wrestling ring is a bad idea.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys are crazy if you think he's trying to work a pull-time schedule there. He knows if he goes there he will draw a huge fucking crowd regardless of his ability. They'll just want to see him in Mexico.

After that, he'll probably work a few spots and mostly do in-ring appearance stuff. And not work WWE's insane schedule.

Are you sure you watched it in the right order? There are a few right around that time that go from like 12 to 35 and the numbering is all off. But I think they actually are in the right order, just mislabeled. I don't know. Andre did beat Hogan up on 14. The clips they show are from The Main Event, which was a Friday version of SNME that aired a few times. What is labeled as episode 37 has the date for The Main Event, but I can't get anything on the Network to load right now since the Dutch can now steal all the bandwidth legally.

I'm assuming the clips are of the two Hebners and all that.

God damn it. That's exactly what it is. They're mislabeled. >_<

He’s a 15-time champ, and he likes to have his fun,
but not at your expense, so let us school you, son.

No, we’re not from West Newbury, no we can’t “hip-hop” like you,
my client is the conqueror; I’m just Brock’s advocating Jew!
You see, my name is Paul Heyman, and my client is The Beast,
and on the 17th of August, on your title he shall feast!

You don’t like Paul Heyman Guys, you think their attitudes too smug.
You gonna beat Brock’s ass ‘cuz you the doctor of the thugs?
I mean, you’ve beaten all the best, but now Lesnar’s on your plate.
You say your time is now, Brock says your calendar’s out of date.

So here’s some free advice, with SummerSlam drawing near:
Get it out your damn system when you say, “The Champ is here!”
Because we’re six days away from the West Coast’s biggest arena,
where my client Brock Lesnar will conquer John Cena.

HEHEHEHEHE

Gonzalez

Banned
You guys are crazy if you think he's trying to work a pull-time schedule there. He knows if he goes there he will draw a huge fucking crowd regardless of his ability. They'll just want to see him in Mexico.

After that, he'll probably work a few spots and mostly do in-ring appearance stuff. And not work WWE's insane schedule.

Hope that's the case. But have you seen most of the old luchadors still kicking around way past their prime. I have a feeling Mysterio is going to be one of those guys.

Wait... but GFW is working with AAA, right? Does this mean we'll be seeing Rey Mysterio in GFW?

You shouldn't prepare for any of these things until something actually happens with GFW.

Selfies with people at indie shows don't count. Announced partnerships don't count. Give a fucking estimated time of a TV show airing, a station, and then some actual fucking named roster talent. GFW's been talked about for this entire year, and the fact it still has none of this is more than cause for concern of the final product being shit, even more than "another company run by Jarrett".

Striker

I haven't even been watching it, but everything I read about that storyline makes me cringe and reminds me of the worst of the Attitude Era McMahon plots.
It reeks of low-midcard kind of deal, see Val Venis/Goldust/Marlena. Here it is getting main event screen time and as a heavy feud.

Did that Brock/Cena hype special from Monday night cat archived on the Network? Even when I search for "Brock Lesnar," I couldn't find it, and it's definitely not the post-Raw Fallout.

somedevil

The storyline also makes me question if the Daniel Bryan / Brie Bella marriage is real.

Its real but I find it funny that they met during that whole Vegan/virgin angle when the bellas found out he was dating Gail Kim. lol

Also this press release from TNA:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Aug. 13, 2014) – The Aug. 7 episode of IMPACT WRESTLING, TNA’s flagship program airing Thursday nights at 9/8c on Spike TV, drew 1.6 million viewers (P2+, +3 Rating), the largest audience since mid-February of this year. The episode was also up against six nationally or regionally televised NFL pre-season games, the first of the NFL season.

Historically, IMPACT WRESTLING ratings are highest during Q1, however in Q3 2014, IMPACT WRESTLING has experienced a steady increase in total viewership and key demos that are exceeding ratings from Q1 2014, and rivaling Q1 ratings from previous years. To date, Q3 2014 ratings have attracted more viewers in the highly sought after Men 18-34 demo since Q1 2012, and the highest ratings for P2+, P 18-49 and Men 18-49 since Q1 2013.

The show only did 1.411 million so where did the 1.6 come from. Did they include dvr viewers. This just sounds desperate.

Gonzalez

Banned
I haven't even been watching it, but everything I read about that storyline makes me cringe and reminds me of the worst of the Attitude Era McMahon plots.
It was alright, but the bad acting is too hard to get around. I had to change the channel from time to time because of the excessive cringe. Still like the idea though, just don't care for the execution, or the players that are involved.

Its real but I find it funny that they met during that whole Vegan/virgin angle when the bellas found out he was dating Gail Kim. lol

The show only did 1.411 million so where did the 1.6 come from. Did they include dvr viewers. This just sounds desperate.

The +3 ratings is an indicator that they're counting Live+3, which includes DVR viewings within 3 days of original broadcast.

Aiii

So not worth it
TNA releases press statement that basically says "BUY OUR TV SHOW FOR YOUR NETWORK PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE?! PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?!! We are good people, we swear it!"

Sounds like TNA to me.

jred2k

Instead of "Did You Know" TNA is going to have "Are You Aware Of?".

xWgsAMD.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
TNA releases press statement that basically says "BUY OUR TV SHOW FOR YOUR NETWORK PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE?! PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?!! We are good people, we swear it!"

Sounds like TNA to me.
Begging for someone to buy something that involves the word Network is not exclusive to TNA.

strobogo

Banned
Didn't Brock also try and fail with the Minnesota Vikings?

I kind of think going from a walk on who hadn't done any football in about a decade to being asked to rep the Vikings in the Euro league is pretty impressive. Even more so when you consider that a few months before the combine, he got in a wreck that broke his jaw and hand, bruised his pelvis, and pulled his groin.

GWF should do studio tapings (much smaller than Impact Zone. Like the place where Memphis was done for years) and fill in with airing footage from various international promotions with new commentary. AAA, NJPW, WXW, all that stuff. I think that'd be a lot more interesting than just another wrasslin company.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
GWF should do studio tapings (much smaller than Impact Zone. Like the place where Memphis was done for years) and fill in with airing footage from various international promotions with new commentary. AAA, NJPW, WXW, all that stuff. I think that'd be a lot more interesting than just another wrasslin company.

I'd like GWF to try to go the 'Season' format instead of the usual wrestling business. Have proper episodes, storylines that end within the season and set up a new one for the next season with some breaks inbetween.

WSX tried to do that.

I kind of think going from a walk on who hadn't done any football in about a decade to being asked to rep the Vikings in the Euro league is pretty impressive. Even more so when you consider that a few months before the combine, he got in a wreck that broke his jaw and hand, bruised his pelvis, and pulled his groin.

Yeah, IIRC, Brock was only cut on the last goddamn cut they made, aka if he had made that, he would've been on the team.

He didn't go with them to Europe because he knew they'd use him for media stuff and such and that it wasn't worth his time.

tldr; Brock Lesnar can do anything

I'd like GWF to try to go the 'Season' format instead of the usual wrestling business. Have proper episodes, storylines that end within the season and set up a new one for the next season with some breaks inbetween.

WSX tried to do that.

Ring Ka King, which Jarrett which was heavily involved in, also tried that (and also only lasted a season, like WSX).

It's labelled as this:

Thanks. You'd think that if I searched for "Brock Lesnar" in the WWEN app, it would turn up. But, nope.

strobogo

Banned
Ring Ka King, which Jarrett which was heavily involved in, also tried that (and also only lasted a season, like WSX).

Thanks. You'd think that if I searched for "Brock Lesnar" in the WWEN app, it would turn up. But, nope.

The search is absolute garbage. Unbelievably shitty.

dream

I cannot wait to play WWE SuperCard by 2K Games, coming out tonight for my compatible iOS device.

screen568x568.jpeg
screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg
screen568x568.jpeg

Signed,
CatDaddy

Oh fuck, this is a reskinned MyNBA2K14, a game in which I am not proud to admit I spent over a hundred dollars buying card packs in. Strength...

Top Bottom