• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Hasney

I want the real Cody back and to have a real program. Stardust is OK, but I thought he was going to have better things when he was fired and came back to beat the Shield. That pop on the crossrhodes was insane.

Gonzalez

Banned
Roman's real personality is finally being revealed...
- As noted, Roman Reigns was at ESPN studios in Los Angeles this afternoon. Reigns apparently went to Campanile Restaurant in LA for lunch after making appearances for ESPN and had a bad experience. He posted a photo of their menu on Twitter with the following caption:

"Dont eat the crisp flattened chicken..it comes with a lil extra! And a smug bitch of a manager! @campanile1"

"Found a bug in my lunch at @campanile1 restaurant in the LAX AP and the manager was stupid enough to give me attitude!UNREAL! #HealthHazards"]
As noted, Roman Reigns had a bad experience with his food and the manager at Campanile Restaurant in Los Angeles this afternoon and took to his Twitter to complain.

WWE producer Kidman tweeted the following after Reigns made his tweets: As noted, Roman Reigns had a bad experience with his food and the manager at Campanile Restaurant in Los Angeles this afternoon and took to his Twitter to complain.

WWE producer Kidman tweeted the following after Reigns made his tweets:

"Restaurants BEWARE: I heard a rumor that @wweromanreigns tries to get free food by saying there are bugs in his lunch."

Kidman's tweet had a "hashtag smiley face" at the end. Reigns responded:

"@wwekidman i dont need hand me outs.. im not hurtin in the pockets by any means old man... and its not a rumor if it comes from the source."

Kidman then tweeted the following:

"Twitter is funny. Yet somehow nobody on twitter has a sense of humor. Ironic."

I think we have another Ryback on our hands.

What exactly is good about the Vaudevillians? Both guys seems so stiff in their roles. They have the whole black and white filter thing but it's still in HD. They don't even wrestle old style, don't one of them do a swanton?

gurudyne

[IMGhttp://i.minus.com/i1NXXtU00hRje.gif[/IMG]

[imghttp://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/baby-the-fuck-you-say.gif[/img]

Is this really such a controversial opinion to have? Stardust had potential, but they turned the character into a nonsensical goofball with no direction, purpose or theme. At least the Vaudvillains can play off of each other. The Rhodes brothers' out-of-ring work so far has been the equivalent of pouring sugar on Frosted Flakes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What exactly is good about the Vaudevillians? Both guys seems so stiff in their roles. They have the whole black and white filter thing but it's still in HD. They don't even wrestle old style, doesn't one of them do a swanton?

That's really part of my issue with it. Don't do a strongman gimmick and do moves that don't work with that gimmick. Also, they're painted as low-card due to their name and inability to flip.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vaudevillains are the absolute worst thing in modern wrestling. There's nothing worse than them, not even modern TNA. Modern TNA looks like gold compared to them. They're the Young Bucks without any of the commitment. They're as shitty as they come. They're the fucking embodiment of jackass wrestling fans elbowing each other and going, 'dahur, you get it? i get it! i totally get it!' Imagine a bunch of fucking fans coming out with Damien Demento shirts on because they're 'in on the joke.' and wink every time he fucking walks by.

The gimmick is so shallow and so idiotic that I can only figure Dusty thought of it while he was drunk as a gimmick for jobbers that wouldn't last beyond a week, but because it's NXT and they'll pop for anything 'unknown' so they can pretend they got in on the ground floor before it was cool, it got enough of a reaction to keep existing.

So clever this gimmick.

Sephzilla

Dragonzord hates the Vaudvillains, which only confirms that they are great

Is this really such a controversial opinion to have? Stardust had potential, but they turned the character into a nonsensical goofball with no direction, purpose or theme. At least the Vaudvillains can play off of each other. The Rhodes brothers' out-of-ring work so far has been the equivalent of pouring sugar on Frosted Flakes.

Neither of us were disagreeing with the Stardust opinion, but the general idea that the Vaudvillains are the worst gimmick going right now.

In a world where Adam Rose exists how can the Vaudvillains be considered worse?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When it comes to the Stardust wars, Tetsuya Naito wins it
0qdGWGX.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Neither of us were disagreeing with the Stardust opinion, but the general idea that the Vaudvillains are the worst gimmick going right now.

Because Adam Rose commits to his fucking shit tier gimmick beyond 'oh look I have a mustache and a singlet'

Sephzilla

Because Adam Rose commits to his fucking shit tier gimmick beyond 'oh look I have a mustache and a singlet'

Adam Rose is fucking terrible and acts like he phones in literally everything he does. On top of that he's also a dogshit wrestler. Brodus Clay was more into his gimmick than Rose is into his Neo-Brodus gimmick.

Chopper

I haven't watched Raw in a few weeks. Since Battleground, I think. Is there anything I should check out, or shall I not worry about it? Are they building to Summerslam?

strobogo

Banned
See the bold text

Stardust is shit outside of the theme, but you don't talk shit about the Vaudevillains

Oh. What's good about the Vaudevillains? Aiden English fucking sucks. It'd be okay if it was just Simon Gotch. Together they are insufferable. Aiden English needs replaced with Matt Classic and I'd be down. As it is, I hate them. They're too stupid for their environment and will absolutely DIE on Raw. Hardcore. You think a crowd made of 70% little kids are going to get or enjoy anything about shit heads in black and white video who talk in word cards and say HUZZAH a lot? Get that shit out of here.

I've seen the Vaudevillians gimmick done better by at least five other wrestlers. Also, if you're going to go comedy gimmicks, at least put a bit of fucking effort into it - the freaking Ice Creams in CHIKARA are a more well-thought out and better acted gimmick. Ice Creams.

In other news, I'm watching more old CZW...ZANDIG POWAHHH;

Zandig.gif

gurudyne

At its core, Adam Rose is a better idea for a character than the Vaudvillains. He also has the better entrance. And I'm still waiting for Rose to be revealed as the split personality when he finally picks up a machete to make lemonade.

Like I'm still waiting for BigE's five count gimmick.

Sephzilla

Oh. What's good about the Vaudevillains? Aiden English fucking sucks. It'd be okay if it was just Simon Gotch. Together they are insufferable. Aiden English needs replaced with Matt Classic and I'd be down. As it is, I hate them. They're too stupid for their environment and will absolutely DIE on Raw. Hardcore. You think a crowd made of 70% little kids are going to get or enjoy anything about shit heads in black and white video who talk in word cards and say HUZZAH a lot? Get that shit out of here.

They seem relatively into their gimmick, they're decent wrestlers (more so than, say, Adam Rose, the real worst thing in wrestling), and it's at least a somewhat remotely fresh gimmick at least compared to everything else you see in WWE tag teams. Who's also to say they'll keep their gimmick when they go up to Raw? Is every NXT gimmick designed to work on the main show?

Hey guys, remember when wrestling was supposed to be fun?

Valtýr;125266385 said:
prior to Lesnar coming out every other birthday guest was greeted with smiles and clapping. Eva simply did not realize Brock Lesnar was not a guest to the party.

Still makes her look like a clueless ditz. Then again...

Thorakai

Valtýr;125266385 said:
prior to Lesnar coming out every other birthday guest was greeted with smiles and clapping. Eva simply did not realize Brock Lesnar was not a guest to the party.

I saw the .gif but the implication of her clapping completely went over my head. Fucking Eva LOL.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Best part about Heel Hogan was him whipping the shit out of people with the weightlifting belt.

Is it still yappapi if he's in Hollywood gear? They always called it the weightlifting belt when he used it as a heel.

Kaladin

I love Brock Lesnar, he's about the only guy on the roster that is booked the way he should be. He's big and he gives no fucks. Even if he loses, he still gives no fucks.

He's treated as a big deal, like he should be.

I will be pissed when Cena beats him on Sunday.

Just saw Kevin Nash tweet this. Thought it might have been an accident because of the "via @wwe" and sure enough he deleted it straight after.

BY7Y3RA.png

I guess Big Sexy was checking out Alicia Fox's profile on WWE.com and accidentally tweeted it.

Cagey

Banned
Just saw Kevin Nash tweet this. Thought it might have been an accident because of the "via @wwe" and sure enough he deleted it straight after.

BY7Y3RA.png

I guess Big Sexy was checking out Alicia Fox's profile on WWE.com and accidentally tweeted it.
Silver Fox on the hunt. Good look breh.

Top Bottom