• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Vylash

tumblr_na9pfvZAs21rldk2qo1_250.gif
tumblr_na9pfvZAs21rldk2qo2_250.gif

Queen Steph keeping it fun and playful even on wwe.com

jred2k

I know this isn't an MMA thread, but I have to laugh at the UFC. They managed to build the hottest angle they've had in a long time and JBJ got hurt training. I think that's why I've never been able to get fully into UFC. Training injuries seem to happen way too often.

^^^ seriously??? Look at his fingers ffs.
----

Someone just pointed out to me how Eva reacted to the IMPENDING DOOM FOR HULK HOGAN AND CO. ARRIVAL OF BROCK LESNAR...

And well, here it is:
brock-lesnar-eva-marie.png

Is her ineptness a gimmick? The way she was fine then injured on Monday made literally no sense.

Oh and I'm still sulking about the Xavier faction! Looks like Wale (is that a person) was going to do their music before it was dropped according to what I can make out from Big Es twitter.

Fuck you wwe give me my KofE Woods faction!

VoxPop

I know this isn't an MMA thread, but I have to laugh at the UFC. They managed to build the hottest angle they've had in a long time and JBJ got hurt training. I think that's why I've never been able to get fully into UFC. Training injuries seem to happen way too often.

Yeah pretty lame. So many great fights that were scrapped due to injuries. I know pro wrestlers dont do much aside from weightlifting, reading scripts and practicing backflips but I'm actually surprised how little out-of-ring injuries have occured for however long wrestling has been around.

2010 was a fantastic year for MMA. Which is when Bork was around. Bork makes everything better.

raw3.gif

“The Stephanie-Brie Bella story has been well done even though the segment with the physical therapist Monday night on Raw was a little long for my taste, but I’m looking forward to watching them in the ring Sunday and expect some surprises. (Angle Alert!)”
Jim Ross blog

I sure as hell am not.

This past Sunday was officially declared Goldust Day in the city of Yakima, Washington, where WWE held a live event.

Mayor Micah Cawley, who is a big wrestling fan, was at the live event and presented Goldust with an official proclamation making August 10th, 2014, “Goldust Day” in Yakima.

826109.gif

Raw64life

Oh and I'm still sulking about the Xavier faction! Looks like Wale (is that a person) was going to do their music before it was dropped according to what I can make out from Big Es twitter.

Fuck you wwe give me my KofE Woods faction!

I was really looking forward to see if heel Kofi would work. It's one thing to cancel the stable to set up some other angle with them, but to just say "how about we do nothing instead" is retarded.

I was really looking forward to see if heel Kofi would work. It's one thing to cancel the stable to set up some other angle with them, but to just say "how about we do nothing instead" is retarded.

Yep even when they came out and did nothing I was hyped for serious suit Kofi but nah lets just have him forever as smiling jobber, what was the worst that could happen? The angle may have failed but instead 2 of them will be lucky to make TV while kofi jobs on main event, as you say - retarded!

Maybe it's time for Kofi to return to his heel roots

http://youtu.be/tbQcXE59eDk

Yep even when they came out and did nothing I was hyped for serious suit Kofi but nah lets just have him forever as smiling jobber, what was the worst that could happen? The angle may have failed but instead 2 of them will be lucky to make TV while kofi jobs on main event, as you say - retarded!

Nice accent, but he couldn't do a Jamaican one to save his life?

ffs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
been slowly catching up on G1, super busy with work and RL lately (being an adult is shit), but finished day 10, either im burned out on G1 or that day was super weak, up there (or should I say down there?) with days 2 and 3.

Shibata vs Ishii was fun tho, shame about Ishii's obvious shoulder injury. But those two just being "manly men" and beating the shit out of each and no selling everything was fun

Thorakai

Just saw Kevin Nash tweet this. Thought it might have been an accident because of the "via @wwe" and sure enough he deleted it straight after.

BY7Y3RA.png

I guess Big Sexy was checking out Alicia Fox's profile on WWE.com and accidentally tweeted it.

Black and white all the way baby.

VoxPop

Pretty good. He should go back to that and short hair.

Watched a Minoru Suzuki squash match against Alexander Otsuka from 2005, really fun encounter for only a 4 minute match - Otsuka's an Olympic amateur wrestler trained by Yoshiaki Fujiwara and most known for his BattlARTS work and being a sometimes New Japan jobber. Here he shows he has the skills to go with Suzuki on the mat, but once he pats Suzuki on the head after a clean break, it's all over. Suzuki, his ire invoked, slaps the piss out of Otsuka but gets too eager and eats two goddamn hellacious deadlift German suplexes for a super near fall. Otsuka tries to capitalise, but Suzuki wastes no time in murdering him with knee strikes. He whips him into the ropes, drop-toe holds into a bow & arrow, flips Otsuka into a rear naked choke, Otsuka fights to his feet but Suzuki drops into a sleeper and hits the Gotch-style piledriver for the win. I really enjoy a well done jobber match, this was fun.

Suzuki.gif

been slowly catching up on G1, super busy with work and RL lately (being an adult is shit), but finished day 10, either im burned out on G1 or that day was super weak, up there (or should I say down there?) with days 2 and 3.

Exhaustion and injuries were definitely coming into play by then, I guess a lot of guys were trying to take it easy to be rested for the finals.

Top Bottom