• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It...kinda was.

This is a comedy though so they don't have a ton in common besides some general bit of set up.

Well I guess it was special from the spot of "oh either this shit or Trigun" back in the day

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well I guess it was special from the spot of "oh either this shit or Trigun" back in the day

Three space westerns were made in 1998. Cowboy Bebop. Trigun. Outlaw Star. Crazy coincidence.

Cowboy Bebop is kind of a big deal, Vinny Mac. It's okay not to like it but its a groundbreaking work. Not acknowledging that is just silly.

lmao

Bu9U_dwIcAA8x5J.png:large

jred2k

Raw seemed really bad in 2010. The Usos haven't improved at promos one bit. They just started yelling more.

And it's weird seeing Trent? without his Best Friend Chucky T.

Three space westerns were made in 1998. Cowboy Bebop. Trigun. Outlaw Star. Crazy coincidence.

Cowboy Bebop is kind of a big deal, Vinny Mac. It's okay not to like it but its a groundbreaking work. Not acknowledging that is just silly.

It's Vince; he'll shit on anything that's the opposite of the spectrum.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

What did it do that was special? Fairly run of the mill, I guess it wasn't as violent as most of the other stuff that came before that got anywhere near popular in America

It's Vince; he'll shit on anything that's the opposite of the spectrum.

It's easier to dismiss my posts than understand! I like Roman Reigns!

RP912

Banned
I remember my middle school sweatheart used to go crazy for Cowboy Bebop like it was the shit and the smell...I seen five minutes of it and changed the channel.

Samurai Champloo>>>>

somedevil

From Jericho interview with Chael:

Sonnen also talked about how he was told by a WWE official (believed to be Gerald Brisco) that they weren't going to use him (due to his drug test failure), but that they think TNA will call him and when they do, to make sure and call them back because things could then change. He also said he'd like to try for the 2016 Olympic team, but admitted that at this stage of the game, he wouldn't make the team

So he is saying if TNA calls him WWE might think of using him.

I don't like Cowboy Bebop as much as most, but it was clearly the style that pushed it so far - the look, the music, the general mood and tone. It was pretty cool. Same goes for Champloo, not as great as people make out, but still an enjoyable watch and obviously very stylish.

But what do I know, my favourite anime's probably Mononoke.

Anywho, here's a match;

Stan Hansen (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta - NWA International Heavyweight Title - (AJPW 1986/10/21)

Not the best Jumbo/Hansen confrontation, but this one's a ton of fun, especially towards the end when it turns into a goddamn bloodbath.

somedevil

From the Observer. This is just sad:

Officials from TNA attempted to contact Alberto Del Rio immediately after WWE announced his release due to unprofessional conduct and an altercation with an employee on Thursday.

If Del Rio joins the company, he will reportedly be immediately crowned World Heavyweight Champion.

Del Rio likely has a 90 day no-compete clause, ruling out a move to TNA in the near future.

I feel sorry for the original TNA talent who have to watch the company crown all these former WWE wrestlers immediately with the title.

jred2k

Rampage Jackson on a wrestling show? What the fuck were they thinking.

There is some nerd from Guardians of the Galaxy there, too.

To tie in with all the Spike Dudley discussion, it turns out that 1. he's still very much alive, and 2. he's 44 years old today! He's actually the oldest of the 3 Dudleys, weirdly enough.

14e4k.gif

they need to hurry up with these Raws and Smackdowns so i can watch the whole Spike & Molly saga

2008-2010 or "The Chris Benoit damage control years" were so bad. The older guys were breaking down for their final stretches, and the new talent really felt like they didn't even deserve a top spot. WWECW was in full homogenization mode. Everything seemed so stale and safe. The only highlights were the Age of Orton early days and Serious Ass Chris Jericho.

ibhGydDyIbcnrZ.gif

We're in a new era, friend.

Will save.

Top Bottom