• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

RP912

Banned
2008-2010 or "The Chris Benoit damage control years" were so bad. The older guys were breaking down for their final stretches, and the new talent really felt like they didn't even deserve a top spot. WWECW was in full homogenization mode. Everything seemed so stale and safe. The only highlights were the Age of Orton early days and Serious Ass Chris Jericho.

Add jerishow to the list.

Even friggin tna was garbage around then....

NONE OF THESE

Bu9YFeRIgAAUhvi.png:large

I remember this episode being fucking terrible until the last match/ending.

somedevil

Some news. Why Del Rio was fired:

The incident reportedly took place on 8/5 in Laredo, when much of the crew had already left for the Australia tour. According to those who have talked with Rodriguez, he was told after the incident, on the show that he strangely worked as a babyface against a heel Jack Swagger, that he was being suspended for a short period of time, until just past SummerSlam. The belief is that Barbierri threatened to sue the company, and at that point the feeling was for legal reasons, they had no choice but to let him go. Paul Levesque called him on 8/7 and let him go and he reportedly was furious.

I'm not sure how long that guy is going to last after this.

On Steen:

The fact they made a specific announcement for Steen (and this was actually planned for last week, but the decision was made to hold it for the network launch, Steen actually signed months ago) tells you they are high on him. To show how high they are on him, reportedly Ambrose was told not to do Steen’s running cannonball into the corner move any longer, as they want it to be a new move for when Steen comes to the main roster

Next Tryout:

WWE's next tryout camp will take place at the Performance Center in Orlando in early September. Several top indie wrestlers have been invited to those tryouts.

So ricochet getting another chance?

strobogo

Banned
I buy Gotch in that gimmick. I don't buy the balding opera singer dude at anything. His singing voice SUCKED too. For real. Pitchy and flat as fuck. I do think doing the old timey strong man gimmick on a guy that size on a roster with Cesaro and Mark Henry is pretty silly.

Get that excelsior shit right the fuck out of here.

RP912

Banned
Vaudevillians put asses in seats including mines.

The hatred is hurtful.

On another not the divas rumble is on where Gail Kim eliminated herself out of the match and the wwe lol.

RP912

Banned
those years are what put the final nail in the coffin for TNA for me. I gave up on them as an alternative right at the apex of the MEM angle

I just don't understand tna. The moment they have wwe by the balls even the tip of the hair. They pull away and say "sike". It's like during that shitty time for the wwe, they could have went in for the kill. Keep the six sided ring, focus more on the current talent, and kept the ball rolling. Yet they though Hogan was going to put already asses into seats 0_o?

somedevil

I just don't understand tna. The moment they have wwe by the balls even the tip of the hair. They pull away and say "sike". It's like during that shitty time for the wwe, they could have went in for the kill. Keep the six sided ring, focus more on the current talent, and kept the ball rolling. Yet they though Hogan was going to put already asses into seats 0_o?

You know whats funny is that two people are putting up Bryan and Vinny's from Tna after russo debuted in 2006 into 2007 and someone from MEM now into 2010. The funny thing is both years the show is awful.

Plus someone guess the moment that got this reaction:

jred2k

You know whats funny is that two people are putting up Bryan and Vinny's from Tna after russo debuted in 2006 into 2007 and someone from MEM now into 2010. The funny thing is both years the show is awful.

I'm guessing it involved tits. Probably either Kat's or Sable's?

Pavaloo

>Hating on The Vaudevillians

somehow, i'm not swayed
I buy Gotch in that gimmick. I don't buy the balding opera singer dude at anything. His singing voice SUCKED too. For real. Pitchy and flat as fuck. I do think doing the old timey strong man gimmick on a guy that size on a roster with Cesaro and Mark Henry is pretty silly.

Get that excelsior shit right the fuck out of here.

that's what i'm talkin' bout

RP912

Banned

Hbk's tight's being pulled down yet again?

Weird they didn't pick Evan Bourne by the way. He had just gotten a big win over Sheamus alongside Cena in a tag match the week prior. Probably didn't help his ascent in the company.

RP912

Banned
We should have a worst of raw commentary with every shitty raw from 2008-2010.

Add a bonus new generation Raw to the list too.

Top Bottom