• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Barrett just promised to win the WWE Title

Bu9e3svIMAANcca.png:large

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wasn't hard. Shit was dire.

As a consequence of The Miz hitting his head on concrete when he and Cena were originally counted out, he suffered a legitimate concussion and to the present day The Miz himself has said that he can't remember anything about the match or the aftermath.

Also the only Mania where no titles changed hands.

Oh man, remember when R-Truth won the US title, then lost it a week later in a fatal four way just so WWE could remind us how "unpredictable" fatal four ways are for the upcoming PPV?

Damn that entire roster in 2010 was bad. Not that it's much better today. I missed all of this I was out of the game after 2008. Looks like I didn't miss a whole lot

RBH

The WWE Network has launched in Canada, but the stripped down bare bones version has many loyal fans crying foul.

Available at launch are a handful of SummerSlam pay-per-views, the Great American Bash from 1989, three WCW Bash at the Beach shows, two ECW Heatwave pay-per-views and the One Night Stand show from 2005.

The content is not labeled by name, just meaningless numbers, titles and there are missing logos and images.

All told, the content on the Canadian version of the WWE Network amounts to approximately 39 hours of content
, a drop in the bucket compared to the enormous library available on the online version which has each and every WCW, ECW and WWE pay-per-view available, most episodes of WCW’s Clash of Champions, Saturday Night’s Main Event, ECW Hardcore TV, the original Legends’ House and Total Divas reality shows, an archive of old school WWE house show cards and a multitude of specials, past DVD releases which have been transferred to digital media and much more.

Many Canadian fans are expressing their disappointment online.

“This sucks, it sucks so bad. How could you defend this,” posted user “teambates” on Wreddit.

“Well, it looks like the first day of the WWE Network in Canada went over like a lead balloon. Good work, guys,” wrote user Al Creed on Twitter.

Canadian wrestling superstar Lance Storm took to Twitter to voice his dismay.

“Did some research just less that 20% of Canada uses Rogers, so 80+% still can't get @wwenetwork It's also a partial version for $11.99 :-(,” he wrote.

“Also, it seems the only archive we'll get is Max Moon and Bastion Booger matches,” joked Marc Poitras in reply.

One popular Internet unblocking service took advantage of the discontent to entice Canadians by stating, ”Watch SummerSlam on WWE Network no matter where in the world you are (even Canada).”
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2014/08/13/21871016.html

This is all the Canadian version is getting at the moment:

-SummerSlam 1992
-SummerSlam 1998
-SummerSlam 2000
-SummerSlam 2002
-SummerSlam 2005
-Great American Bash 1989
-Bash at the Beach 1994
-Bash at the Beach 1996
-Bash at the Beach 1998
-ECW Heatwave 1998
-ECW Heatwave 1999
-ECW One Night Stand 2005

Oh man oh man oh man I just got back from a place that is legit the exact same as the Japanese BBQ I went to when I was in Osaka

I spent two thousand dollars and flew thousands of miles to (in part) go to this restaurant, and a near perfect Americanized version is a 15 minute walk away from me.

I am both in Heaven and Hell

Yeah the network in canada is fubar. It's basically pushing people the vpn and get the US version or just say screw wwe altogether. I'm guessing it's more people doing the later rather than the former.

Canada is the only one getting the channel version of the network right?

and everyone else is getting the netflix of Wrasslin right?

Vince, pls

Where they launched so far yes. That doesn't mean other places aren't going to get screwed with the same canada deal. WWE is still negotiating with other service providers around the world.

New Japan stuff from the Observer;

"We don’t know the name of the company, but New Japan is working on an idea of using the same iPPV company to handle its business that ROH is using."

"A New Japan rep is expected to be coming to the Brooklyn ROH show to discuss more talent exchanges. There is talk of doing an ROH title match at the Tokyo Dome in January as the outsider world title instead of the NWA title. The whole NWA thing in New Japan hasn’t been talked about lately."

No more Bruce Tharpe-des? Jarrett's an upgrade, I guess, and at least the ROH talent is worth a damn - does this mean Elgin finally gets his chance in Japan, though? Or will ROH hot shot the title back to Adam Cole? Seems like a role suited for a heel.

Top Bottom